Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp sphere-novak 3.5r

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Lrp sphere-novak 3.5r

sirs, i'm planning to use a novak BL motor on an LRP BL esc.has anyone used the novak 3.5r motor on the LRP shpere competition esc? how did it perform?thanks ffor your replies
Old 02-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Miguel
sirs, i'm planning to use a novak BL motor on an LRP BL esc.has anyone used the novak 3.5r motor on the LRP shpere competition esc? how did it perform?thanks ffor your replies
It will work fine. I ran a LRP Comp 2007 with a Novak 13.5 all day last Saturday with out problems. Just make sure when you set up the speed control to disable the auto battery sensing function. The LRP needs to be set up on the 4 to 7 cell Nimh setting. If you don't, the speed control will shut off power to the motor under sever voltage drops.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

woah, theres a big difference between the 13.5 and a 3.5!, unless that was a typo...

it will be lineball, it should be ok with adequate cooling, in cool to mild weather, but I wouldnt suggest it in hotter weather.

The new 2007 model should be ok, as should the T.C model. But i havent used either.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Unless they changed the specs on the 07 and TC esc it's to much. The rating for mine (the original shere comp) is >3.5 not 3.5.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you are using the 3.5t motor, I can without a doubt say DO NOT use with the LRP Sphere Comp. (not sure about the TC edition) but as stated previously, it will be only line ball at best (ie. in cool conditions and not much grip. If you run outdoors on mid to high ambient temps and med to high traction running a 3.5 will end in tears!!)

Trust me I know. Speaking from personal experience. Not a pretty sight.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for your replies but would'nt a step down in gearing help compensate for the 3.5's power:heat ratio of the motor and sphere esc?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

With the Sphere stick with the Neo in mod. Or maybe check out the orion motor with the sphere. And run the fan to keep it cool as well as the heat sink.
I tried running 4300 sphere with no heat sink and it would shut off. Put the heat sink on and it would work fine. Buy the time We were done trying different motors on the sphere, two of us have burnt 2 motors(4300) running spheres.
The sphere is a great speedo but I would stick with the Neo's running mod.