Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Race of Champions >

Reedy Race of Champions

Reedy Race of Champions

Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
  #106  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
minicooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson
It always seems like plenty of flat area is available during the Xgames at Staples Center.
Staples/City is doing some major building in that area... The parking lots where they use to setup the big ramps and stuff is now a big Hole.... But yeah Xgames would be ideal
minicooper is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
  #107  
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Originally Posted by edseb
A venue like X-Games would be great. Young crowd with disposable income and time on their hands. Also, with ESPN's dollars, the track could be nice visually. Compared to how much they spend on some of the events for set-up, it would be nothing. Carpet track indoors, 1/8th nitro outdoors.
So make some phone calls Carl.......

What up.

Jeff
Jeff Brown is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
  #108  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Big Daddy Boomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Trackside Hobbies Milwaukee
Posts: 2,631
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mb racer
anybody know when or about when the List of Drivers will be posted ????
Sorry for the delay in getting this answered.

The entry deadline is April 30, 2007. Entries will be selected by a lottery drawing from the entries that were received by April 30, 2007. After the lottery, we will be posting the list of drivers who have made it into the race.

Good Luck to everyone
Boomer
Big Daddy Boomer is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
  #109  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Sorry for the delay in getting this answered.

The entry deadline is April 30, 2007. Entries will be selected by a lottery drawing from the entries that were received by April 30, 2007. After the lottery, we will be posting the list of drivers who have made it into the race.

Good Luck to everyone
Boomer
Hey Boomer,

When is the deadline for guys that made a-main ? . I didnt see that info on the Tamiya site..

Thanks Charlie Albrecht
CAlbrecht is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
  #110  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Big Daddy Boomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Trackside Hobbies Milwaukee
Posts: 2,631
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Hey Boomer,

When is the deadline for guys that made a-main ? . I didnt see that info on the Tamiya site..

Thanks Charlie Albrecht

Hey Charlie,
I will get this answer posted by tomorrow.

Boomer
Big Daddy Boomer is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
  #111  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Hey Charlie,
I will get this answer posted by tomorrow.

Boomer

Thanks Playa
CAlbrecht is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 PM
  #112  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Hey Boomer,

When is the deadline for guys that made a-main ? . I didnt see that info on the Tamiya site..

Thanks Charlie Albrecht
April 1st.






C_O_jones is offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
  #113  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CORONA , CALIF.
Posts: 4,074
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey BOOMER !!! thanks for the reply ... be nice to see you in Cali !!!!!
mb racer is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
  #114  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (82)
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 4,003
Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)
Default

Boomer- Based on the entries you have so far and from years past do you for see a "waiting" list this year?
imprsme is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
  #115  
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
So make some phone calls Carl.......

What up.

Jeff
I'll try and call Steve Astephen at the Familie (Action Sports Agency) and maybe pick his brain. He helped get the Mega Ramp built as a new event and also helped with getting Rally Racing introduced. Of course it helps when a manufacturer is behind the idea because it brings in Corporate backing and support for the idea. In those cases Ken Block at DC (former owner and President) wanted to showcase Danny Way and Travis Pastrana's talents (they are sponsored by DC) and by exposing them to a bigger audience they stand a better chance of marketing their own name in events they are almost guaranteed to do well at. Before I do that I would have to make it skewed in a way to make it viable as a televised event or just a spectator thing. There are two types of things at X-Games, the events and then the booths that are sold as space at the event. ESPN is only interested in televising events that show appeal to non-participants (speed climbing was dropped due to lack of viewer interest). A different way is to make it a spectator thing with no televised coverage. This is much easier and less complicated. Since it won't be televised there is no need to worry about space/time allotments for event coordination with cameras/production, but it reaches a much smaller audience. Televised events reach millions, unlike walking traffic which reaches only 100,000s. Still seems like 100,000s is a lot to us, but to a company like ESPN those numbers are insignificant. And, to tell you the truth, I only have limited experience in the area, so I would have to lean on others who may find RC stuff not that important. But who knows, it's happened before.
edseb is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
  #116  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
April 1st.







Im out


So ya gunna make it out Mr. CO Jones...
CAlbrecht is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
  #117  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Im out


So ya gunna make it out Mr. CO Jones...
A little late for an April fools joke, sorry.
Entry is on the way.
C_O_jones is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
  #118  
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

Originally Posted by edseb
I'll try and call Steve Astephen at the Familie (Action Sports Agency) and maybe pick his brain. He helped get the Mega Ramp built as a new event and also helped with getting Rally Racing introduced. Of course it helps when a manufacturer is behind the idea because it brings in Corporate backing and support for the idea. In those cases Ken Block at DC (former owner and President) wanted to showcase Danny Way and Travis Pastrana's talents (they are sponsored by DC) and by exposing them to a bigger audience they stand a better chance of marketing their own name in events they are almost guaranteed to do well at. Before I do that I would have to make it skewed in a way to make it viable as a televised event or just a spectator thing. There are two types of things at X-Games, the events and then the booths that are sold as space at the event. ESPN is only interested in televising events that show appeal to non-participants (speed climbing was dropped due to lack of viewer interest). A different way is to make it a spectator thing with no televised coverage. This is much easier and less complicated. Since it won't be televised there is no need to worry about space/time allotments for event coordination with cameras/production, but it reaches a much smaller audience. Televised events reach millions, unlike walking traffic which reaches only 100,000s. Still seems like 100,000s is a lot to us, but to a company like ESPN those numbers are insignificant. And, to tell you the truth, I only have limited experience in the area, so I would have to lean on others who may find RC stuff not that important. But who knows, it's happened before.
BTW, I know you were just jokin, but who knows.
edseb is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
  #119  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Big Daddy Boomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Trackside Hobbies Milwaukee
Posts: 2,631
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by imprsme
Boomer- Based on the entries you have so far and from years past do you for see a "waiting" list this year?
We were not involved with the entry side of things last year, So I can not base my decsions off of past years. I would think with this being one the last opportunities for people to race at the Tamiya America track, it would make the demand pretty high. Entries are pouring in and we expect a full field.

I am working on getting the answer for the deadline for the "A" main drivers but have not got a response yet. As soon as I find out I will post it here.


Boomer
Big Daddy Boomer is offline  
Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
  #120  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
We were not involved with the entry side of things last year, So I can not base my decsions off of past years. I would think with this being one the last opportunities for people to race at the Tamiya America track, it would make the demand pretty high. Entries are pouring in and we expect a full field.

I am working on getting the answer for the deadline for the "A" main drivers but have not got a response yet. As soon as I find out I will post it here.


Boomer
Come on Boomer, just make a stand, and make the decision everyone has to abide by the new "Boomer Rules"!
how about a list of received entries?
a growing list before the lottery?
tamiyarcracer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.