Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is NASCAR's "racing entertainment"...
Well said Rick!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpV7aCvzyMA

Proof that 5 cell brushless racing is fast, competitive and exciting to watch
Start order: Chris Grainger (white/red car)
Andy Moore (white/yellow/black car)
Olly Jefferies (white/yellow car)
Chris was allegedly on 3rd run tyres, whilst Andy and Olly were allegedly on new boots. Tyres are RP30s Make your own assumptions/decisions!
Nice one, I'm on the video... Marshalling, although i didn't have any work to do

Shame we can't hear the race comments
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpV7aCvzyMA

Proof that 5 cell brushless racing is fast, competitive and exciting to watch
Start order: Chris Grainger (white/red car)
Andy Moore (white/yellow/black car)
Olly Jefferies (white/yellow car)
Chris was allegedly on 3rd run tyres, whilst Andy and Olly were allegedly on new boots. Tyres are RP30s Make your own assumptions/decisions!
You guys may have some brilliant drivers... but we have the best announcer in the world... SCOTTY!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

What tire sauces ended up working the best?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

if you can wheel it you can wheel it on any surface!!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Nice one, I'm on the video... Marshalling, although i didn't have any work to do

Shame we can't hear the race comments
Fab, my dad also managed to film the first leg of the B final as well which I'm sure you'd be interested in watching. Although it mainly focuses on Carter's epic drive from 10th, to 2nd, and then dumping and being beaten to the line by two cars on the last corner!!! I'd say the racing was even better than the A main!

@jimmy, so true
Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
What tire sauces ended up working the best?
Alot of people baked in buggy grip
Old 05-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
A Little short sighted the tires are made to be as fast as the drivers want to be. The harder longer lasting tire the slower it will be.

And that is why rubber sedan racing is suffering through a slow agonizing death. To go fast you have to drop $30 on a new set of premounts every week which equates to $10 a run in tire costs alone. It's ok I guess for us die hard racers but 99% of the average joe RC guy will eventually get turned off.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Tweak, Dip, Ragu, Buggy Grip, you name it, someone was running.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
You guys may have some brilliant drivers... but we have the best announcer in the world... SCOTTY!!!
Charlie Suankga is a good announcer too. He is also a local. Scotty was on fire this past weekend though!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Fab, my dad also managed to film the first leg of the B final as well which I'm sure you'd be interested in watching. Although it mainly focuses on Carter's epic drive from 10th, to 2nd, and then dumping and being beaten to the line by two cars on the last corner!!! I'd say the racing was even better than the A main!

@jimmy, so true
err not really interested in that leg, would have been more interested in the second leg which I won
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Well, you can't tell on that video because for some reason you can't hear the comments but we have our own Scotty, namely Chris Kennedy. He is Awesome and sometimes I start laughing at his comments while driving
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Kris does seem to get a bit carried away sometimes, mocking the A main leader's personal appearance isn't always the best approach But hats off to him, he does a great job
Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
To go fast you have to drop $30 on a new set of premounts every week which equates to $10 a run in tire costs alone.
That is not true for every Asphault track out there, Tamiya (I hear) is just super rough on tires. But up here at SIR, people running Stock and even 19T can get 3+ race day's out of a set of tires, just depends on how you drive, your setup, and tire prep.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Wow it has been great having the RROC at this location for so many years. I like the area and the people at Tamiya including Fred, David Jun help make it special. It really is a lot of work to put on this event and my hats off to them for their efforts. I remember going to the first place they were held which was Ripon and then it was really cool also. Cali is a cool place to race and maybe they can hold it still in cali but at a different location.. What about at speedworld. That is a nice facility. If not than maybe in Florida...

Scotty is a great promoter of the hobby and look foward to all his events. He is the premier annoucer of the industry. RC Scoring Pro has been the ultimate software to run races of this caliber and with Doug Hay makes it seemless and robust to the participant and the spectator. Good job guys, I will follow my friends Scotty and Doug where ever they go!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.