Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why don't we all just take turns racing a computer simulator where there are absolutetly no variables...

news flash: the perception of an 'even playing field' is just that, perception. choices, variation, LUCK, determination, ability, these are all things that make racing exciting. anyone wants to know what drives hobbyists from becoming racers need not take a look any further than the past 10 pages of this thread.

props to those giving 'the rest of us' access (pictures, video & commentary) to the race.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

what was the main body being used in this race?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
I was there Saturday... anybody up for some photos?

I've also got a couple of desktop wallpapers up from this event...http://jbphotography.smugmug.com/gal...3468#157202085. I might add some more later this week.
Jason,

Fantastic shots as always. Thanks for sharing...
Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, nice to see people take the time out to film the event, however am i doing something wrong, as i select the link to each video, it opens windows media player and tells me to try and again
Old 05-30-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Why is everyone going on about the tyres at this race ??

Is it that much of a supprise result ? When was the last time There was a American who did well at the worlds or any big race meet on tarmac ? Certainly in recent years the guys from Europe make up the most of the top final.

Having said this i think it would be a very different story if we were talking about Carpet racing you lot over the water would take some beating.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Hi, nice to see people take the time out to film the event, however am i doing something wrong, as i select the link to each video, it opens windows media player and tells me to try and again
Same for me
Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i guess pauly at the worlds wasnt go enough for u. one hell of a perfeormance from a american.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i think we need an invite race with the same ppl on carpet and see where everyone finishes.. yeah the US didn't have any in the A but had 11th, 12th 15th 17th.. i think thats where some where at... but i know someone posted it earlier 6 carpet races 2 asphalt races.. where are they going to be the best at...
Old 05-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by killer89
When I told him that it was because of used tires, he still didn't understand why 1/2 the field was on new tires and 1/2 were on old ones. According to him, a person who had never seen an onroad race before, it was quite disappointing to see 2 or 3 drivers break away while the rest of the pack struggled to keep up.
This is NASCAR's "racing entertainment" influence on the U.S. race fan. R/C racing is a more legitimate motorsport.

There were breakaways regardless of which tires were used. And in many cases drivers were on neither new or used tires. The AE team used a combination of both with new on the rear and one run rears on the front. Perhaps this smart strategy is what helped them finish 2nd and 3rd?

Racing is not just about driving a car fast, it is about making smart decisions based on the situation presented the driver. And in no other race event is strategy as important. And in my opinion is what makes the Reedy Race format the most interesting for the driver. Choosing which tires to use based on the time of day, your starting position, and who you are racing against is as important as driving well and coming up with a fast, drivable set-up.

Plus, the proper set-up is nearly as fast on used tires. And used tires may be no disadvantage if used on the last run of the day.

You also have to keep in mind that there are differences in drivers. Some (like me) are more comfortable with higher grip at that track. I would be slower relative to the fast guys when the grip is low in the middle of the day (new tires or not). Using tires as an excuse for performance or to explain the outcome of a race is a cop out. I don't know of any Invitiational drivers that use tires as an excuse for the outcome of a race.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does it really matter if the US guys won or not. We cannot always be the best/worst. This time some other nationalities where faster. I don't think it matters as long as the hobby we all love grows and we all have opportunities to continue to do this hobby.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

My router went out and I've been very busy. I am posting from work but can't add videos here. I took some footage from a different angle. Will post soon. It maybe too late though! Mr.Magoo, nice clips.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Isn't McGoo the coolest?

If your having trouble getting it to play, make sure you have the newest version of windows media player.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
thanks guys....i should have about 4 or 5 more invite races to post.....i will get those up in the next few days.....
Hey Mr McGoo, caught glimpses of your videos and it is superb!
But the videos kept on buffering and buffering, can't really watch the whole videos.

May I request that you upload the videos on to youtube.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpV7aCvzyMA

Proof that 5 cell brushless racing is fast, competitive and exciting to watch
Start order: Chris Grainger (white/red car)
Andy Moore (white/yellow/black car)
Olly Jefferies (white/yellow car)
Chris was allegedly on 3rd run tyres, whilst Andy and Olly were allegedly on new boots. Tyres are RP30s Make your own assumptions/decisions!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smitty2802
i think we need an invite race with the same ppl on carpet and see where everyone finishes.. yeah the US didn't have any in the A but had 11th, 12th 15th 17th.. i think thats where some where at... but i know someone posted it earlier 6 carpet races 2 asphalt races.. where are they going to be the best at...
This whole forum whine's to damn much. At all the carpet races where international drivers show up. They always tend to have 5 or so cars in the A main. Go look at the results. Worlds , snowbirds , IIC. You people who just keep comming up with reasons why the US drivers didn't win. Are just wasteing your time. Bottom line is, consistanly the international drivers do well everywhere they race. I only saw a couple of US drivers make the 1/12 scale A-main at the past worlds. If we are so good on carpet foams, we would of had more drivers in the A-main. Maybe you can find more excuse's why we didn't have (10) cars in the 1/12th scale A-main now. Until, the USA driver's start winning international races, we should just keep are mouths shut, and find ways to go faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.