R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #706
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Wow, that spec main was an interesting watch. Can you say rough?
Yea a few of the passes for the lead were side by side but still had lots of contact.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #707
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it just opened in media player, but i wanna save it so how can i just download the file?

BTW thanks for the vids !!

Last edited by fjm9898; 05-29-2007 at 04:05 PM.
fjm9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #708
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Wow, that spec main was an interesting watch. Can you say rough?
i liked your first post better before you edit it!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #709
The Evicerator

Default Mod A1

Seems like that one guy is always clearing out half the feild on the starts
Old 05-29-2007, 03:41 PM   #710
CAi
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Seems like that one guy is always clearing out half the feild on the starts
Yep... Christer found himself at last place at round 1 and 2 after first 5 seconds.....
CAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 PM   #711
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
so to rehash the rubber foam debate since I have been off for a few days. foam does not far off as fast and the debate that rubber is cheaper has been tossed due to the comment that you can run as many rubbers in practice so that you get the right setup for new tyres

now Rick Howart said that in club racing rubber would be better but Rick Howart when will you be showing up at our track to inforce the tyre rule as it's hard enough running a race club race let alone teching to make sure someone only uses 2 sets of rubber tyres or uses the spec tyre during a weekend at the club level. I'll peel off a set up CS-27s off the "spec rim" and remount a set of sorex22 with soft foam for each round if I have the money. and as for chunking a foam tire killing it, you hit hard enough and those cheap (to keep costs down) rims on the CS-27 warp so much that if you hit hard enough to chunk a foam you hit hard enough to go wooble wooble on a rubber tyre and you tell me that that is not as bad or worse.

as for the debate that rubber does not hurt the carpet next time you talk to Frank Calandra ask him about that, he told me that rubber did wear carpet out faster then foam. so I think I'll take his opinion on this since he sell the most common carpet, fast trak brand carpet, used for racing in the states.

Here's an example: At Snowbirds I used about 10-15 sets of foams. You needed several different ones because you didnt know which ones would work best so if you had 2 different kinds that doubles the amount you had to bring. I ran re runs in 19T, had I run new ones in mod and 19T the amount would have been almost double again. You can do the math how much money was spent on tires(several hundred dollars).
The next big race after Snowbirds was LRP Masters. I used one set of tires for practice and one set for the race. Used ones were actually better than new ones. The cost was about 50Eur.

If you need to practice with new tires to make your car good on them then you also need fresh foams every run to make your car work on them too. The second run is different no matter which tires you run.

Most european races have one brand of tire you can run and the amount is limited. The tires are usually pre glued so you cant play with insert or wheel either. If you suspect someone is cheating you can cut the tires open after the race.

I dont know if the rubber tires wear the carpet more than foam but if you can still use the same carpet for years does it really matter?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #712
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL
Here's an example: At Snowbirds I used about 10-15 sets of foams. You needed several different ones because you didnt know which ones would work best so if you had 2 different kinds that doubles the amount you had to bring. I ran re runs in 19T, had I run new ones in mod and 19T the amount would have been almost double again. You can do the math how much money was spent on tires(several hundred dollars).
The next big race after Snowbirds was LRP Masters. I used one set of tires for practice and one set for the race. Used ones were actually better than new ones. The cost was about 50Eur.

If you need to practice with new tires to make your car good on them then you also need fresh foams every run to make your car work on them too. The second run is different no matter which tires you run.

Most european races have one brand of tire you can run and the amount is limited. The tires are usually pre glued so you cant play with insert or wheel either. If you suspect someone is cheating you can cut the tires open after the race.

I dont know if the rubber tires wear the carpet more than foam but if you can still use the same carpet for years does it really matter?
hmm maybe a spec-handout foam tire for the snowbirds! every body runs same brand compound and same size tire
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I would like to thank everybody who made this race possible. They all did a great job with everything.

Lets not forget the real reason to go to this race.........To celebrate the man, the myth, the legend.............MIKE REEDY.........It was great to see all the racers talking to mike and hearing all the stories about peoples interactions with Mike. He is a great man who has done alot for this hobby.
I look forward to next years Reedy Race of Champions.......where ever it might take place
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #714
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898
is that a torrent. i click the link and ares opens but it doesn't add it to the download list

on my other comp it just opened in media player. but i wanna save it so how can i just download the file?
not sure - it is hosted at www.mydeo.com - its linked up with Windows Movie Maker - so it is the easiest for me to upload to.....
Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #715
Tech Master

Mod A3

Here is Mod A3 - my battery went dead in the middle of Spec A2 - so i will post that later....
Old 05-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #716
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

could it have anything to do with the actual tire that was used? i mean, rp30's are a great tire for practice and all, but for racing?

but seriously though, were they out of their temp range or something? as an asphalt only racer, temp has everything to do with how a tire will wear. i can destroy a set of tires in one to two runs if they are run beyond the upper threshold of their temperature range, and that same tire can last for several race days if they are run toward the lower end of the temp range. that temperature range varies dependant on track surface, prep, setup, etc...
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #717
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

where is this video of the race?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #718
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Look for Mr. McGoo's posts as the links are there.

Thanks McGoo!

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #719
Tech Elite

look two posts up for yours
Old 05-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #720
Tech Master

Spec A3