Wow, Losi got spanked real bad.
maybe next time you can go and see how you do
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Does anyone have the results for open?

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #573
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
blashpheme... so your the type that wants to put rubber tyres on 12th scale also eh. more to europe then. plus rubber tyres will kill a carpet track in a year were foam is easier on the carpet. and we all know that foam is faster then rubber. why would I want to go slower?
For a guy that know so much you sure are clueless about a lot of stuff...lol!

Rubber tire will NOT wear out carpet faster than foams. That is an old wives tale and had proven over and over not to be true. Just ask Scotty Ernst. More people race rubber than foam at hs track. His carpet is 3 years old and in excellent shape.

Here are 3 facts:

1. I know that this winter season Schumacher sold 2x as manny rubber tires as any past year winter season. The local club racers want to run rubber becuase that can run several weeks on a set of rubber tires. No roll out, ride height, droop and camber changes and no chunking.

2. Also...I hear JACO is working on a carpet specific RUBBER tire for the next winter season. They would not be spending the thoudands of dollars it takes to mold and develop rubber tires for no reason.

3. Looking at how the Rubber entries at the IIC and Snowbirds filled up so fast I think lots of guys have had it with foam tires. At the Novak race this year several racers switched to the rubber class after blowing through $300 of foams in 2 days practice. The spent $50 on rubber tires and ran 2 days of qualifying the mains and stillused them for weeks of club racing afterwards.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #574
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Does anyone have the results for open?
hey Austin its about time to change your screen name
Old 05-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #575
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM

Rubber tire will NOT wear out carpet faster than foams. That is an old wives tale and had proven over and over not to be true. Just ask Scotty Ernst. More people race rubber than foam at hs track. His carpet is 3 years old and in excellent shape.

Here are 3 facts:

1. I know that this winter season Schumacher sold 2x as manny rubber tires as any past year winter season. The local club racers want to run rubber becuase that can run several weeks on a set of rubber tires. No roll out, ride height, droop and camber changes and no chunking.

2. Also...I hear JACO is working on a carpet specific RUBBER tire for the next winter season. They would not be spending the thoudands of dollars it takes to mold and develop rubber tires for no reason.

3. Looking at how the Rubber entries at the IIC and Snowbirds filled up so fast I think lots of guys have had it with foam tires. At the Novak race this year several racers switched to the rubber class after blowing through $300 of foams in 2 days practice. The spent $50 on rubber tires and ran 2 days of qualifying the mains and stillused them for weeks of club racing afterwards.
QFT

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #576
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
maybe next time you can go and see how you do
Sure, you pay for the flights from New Zealand and the accomodation and I will be happy to go.
I have managed to hold my own at the worlds I have attended.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Losi's got spanked.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

anybody have the results of mod race. did the hpi team all race wce cyclone?
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #578
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
That's good news...we've been talking about going to rubber this winter season for a lot of the same reasons brought up by Rick Hohwart and you.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #579
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear
Sure, you pay for the flights from New Zealand and the accomodation and I will be happy to go.
I have managed to hold my own at the worlds I have attended.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Losi's got spanked.
well the brand doesnt get spanked is the driver, the car doesnt drive it self
Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #580
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

Here are 3 facts:

Adrian and I dont always agree but he is right about rubber tires on a carpet track... it doesnt ruin the carpet. A spec premount rubber track tire is the cheapest (carpet) way to go TC racing
I went through $400 worth of foams at the Novak race just to end up BQ in stock foam
A few of my friends switched to rubber after the last practice session because of the cost.... in fact at Trackside you only see foam racing the month leading up to the Novak... before and after its almost all rubber.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #581
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speaking of tires...man all mighty...the 8 sets of tires I picked up had atleast one tire in each pack that was out of round. Some were even egg shapped, yesh! I know some of you will say, "well it's the same for everybody" yada yada yada, but still it stinks when you shell out all that money for some one run kicks and don't get quality glue jobs. Might as well drive around with bent axles.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

What about the 5 cell brushless! Do you think this will carry over to carpet/foam tire racing?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

No offence to Scotty because he is the greatest dude on earth, but I have to defend foam tires.....More foam tires were used at the novak race because there were 2 club races and 3 days of open practice before qualifying started. If races were limited to 3 or 4 controlled practices right before the race you would not use nearly as many tires. If any rubber tire race outside had as many days of practice and racing as the novak we would run into the same problem as foams.

Paul
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #584
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Only when the U.S. organizers decide to return to rubber tires and qual points will you see competitive U.S drivers emerge. It will also help if sponsors push their drivers to the top rather than holding them back in the amateur classes.
Rick, I have seen alot of people talking about the subject of drivers staying is Stock and 19t far too long, do you think this is purely a marketing ploy, or is there more to it than the almighty $.

Also for all of you that want Race Results go to www.LiveRc.com, click on the View Live Scoring link on the left, a screen will open, then select the Reedy Race at the top of the list, and click on whatever race or practice you want
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #585
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Travis S moved up to Open.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote