CEFX Racing Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default cefx

Originally Posted by adamliehr
Drover,

Josh and Eli have been testing a link t-bar car. Nothing really new development wise, as the ROAR nats was Josh's first time running the car. Eli has been testing it since the Snowbirds I believe.
is that right a link t-bar car is there any pics of this without battery's in the way to get a good look at this
Old 03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Any news about the new T-bar link car come on guys don't keep me in the dark.
Josh what is your impression about the new car?
It has more traction from the Phoenix?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
is that right a link t-bar car is there any pics of this without battery's in the way to get a good look at this
Typo... sorry.. Link car
Old 03-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh baby, I wanna see this CEFX WGT car!!!! JOSH, hurry up and sell your car already!! It is definitely going to be a hit!

BTW, grats at the NATS man. You and your team kick ass.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Link to the link:

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...lbum=61&pos=25
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple
We know about the 12th scale car, I wanted the 10th scale pan car. I have a picture of it on my phone and it looks bad ass with the green on it. I wonder if the design changed any.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarryN
We know about the 12th scale car, I wanted the 10th scale pan car. I have a picture of it on my phone and it looks bad ass with the green on it. I wonder if the design changed any.
I posted that for the guys asking about the 1/12th link car. The last time I spoke to Josh about the WGT it was going through a minor redesign, but since then he has done the link 1/12th so I'm not sure how much has changed on the WGT
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I see AE side links, an AE front end, and an AE center pivot.

Congrats Josh!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odpurple
I posted that for the guys asking about the 1/12th link car. The last time I spoke to Josh about the WGT it was going through a minor redesign, but since then he has done the link 1/12th so I'm not sure how much has changed on the WGT
Well here is his car. It is blacked out some, just in case for legal reasons. It was really awesome to look at it closely and touch it. I think this car is going to be THE next best hit. I am very confident in it.
Attached Thumbnails CEFX Racing Thread.-cefxpan.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is that going to be the production car?

I'm just asking as when I was at the North East grand slam at fastcats I was talking to Josh about the car and he said it was a prototype. Another one of his drivers was running a car with the batteries much further forward (and minus the oval front end). I didn't want to bother him too much as he was working on his sedan but he seemed more than happy to talk about the car.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
Is that going to be the production car?

I'm just asking as when I was at the North East grand slam at fastcats I was talking to Josh about the car and he said it was a prototype. Another one of his drivers was running a car with the batteries much further forward (and minus the oval front end). I didn't want to bother him too much as he was working on his sedan but he seemed more than happy to talk about the car.
Yeah, Josh was quite happy with this car. But alas, this was not production. He said it is close, but not exactly ready yet. I tossed up the idea of mixing in the Team Associated front end on his car to which he responded "oh geez, that would rule!" But of course, legal crap would mix into the picture. Josh is quite happy with this car and I am lucky enough to see this version perform. He did very damn well with it. It was acting like it was on rails.

The thing that caught me most about this car was the ease to work on it and setup. It looks very balanced and well thought. Something to be expected from a person of Josh's calibur. Juraj Hudy and Marty Hudy should be sharting in their pants. Josh is at least original with his car. I would definitely spend the money and buy two of these cars. Where as with Hudy, I'd rather have it at some cheap thrift store. I am still upset that the Hudys' have the gall to nut over their X10 yet there is nothing inspiring about it. I think the Hudys' are capable of MUCH better. But you know, when you get a name established, you can take a dump in a bag and slap your brand name on it and make huge profits off it. I just hope the Hudys wake up and actually use their excellent talent in engineering to develop a better pan car.

As far as this car, I think Josh is definitely heading off into the right direction. I hope Josh finishes testing on it soon and releases it. I am really excited to get my hands on this car. I know it will be the next greatest car at my track. I just hope the parts support for it is good.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default nice job at the NATS Josh

Josh looks like the cars are doing really good both you and Eli had some good runs how soon befor the new link car is out
Old 04-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi to all Cefx racing I want to know were to be the next race for the Cefx racing Team.
Also I want to ask from now on in 1/12 category Josh you will race with the link car?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is an update from the CEFX Oval crew..

It was a great weekend for Team CEFX at the 2009 BRL Finals at Tri-Cities Hobbies.

Mike Markus (sorry if spelled wrong) set a blistering TQ run in 21.5, closely followed by Dusty Dean in the number 2 spot. Rick Liehr bumped up from the B into the A, qualifying 7th. After the start, and a killer hole shot from Rick, CEFX was running 1-2-3 and ended up finishing that way. Mike and Rick put on a show until the very last lap slicing and dicing; definitely fun to watch. Dusty Dean took the win over the largest class in the event with Ricky in second and Mike in third.

After qualifying in 17.5 CEFX drivers were sitting great as well. I was second, Terry (TMFZ) Zinser qualified third, Hays Reeling Jr., was fourth and Eli Ezrow was 6th. After the smoke had cleared, CEFX cars finished with me in first, Terry in second, Eli in fourth and Hays in sixth.

Greg Finan had a great car in the 17.5 B, but unfortunately got caught up in some wrecks. Wes Crum was also in attendance qualifying in the C main.

CEFX definitely had a very strong weekend and congratulations to everyone!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Any updates from 1/12 on road and WGT ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.