R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #511
Tech Master

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delays in getting back to everyone!! My racing schedule has been nuts the past month +!! Since July 28th, I've only been home 9 days until I returned from the 1/8 Nats on Sept 8th!! Needless to say, I spent some time with Angel and the girls since I have been home and have been getting back going with things here.

Mike - I recieved your order but with me being gone, none of the new oval stuff has been cut yet. I'll get to posting the info on the new cars asap!

MACH - EA qualified 4th and was taken out early in the main. The car was pretty good though being that we missed the first two runs of practice building the car and really couldn't judge the car when EA had a bad motor with a seized bearing. Overall, I was really happy with the car and I think with a little more tuning it could have been even better.... As far as the business partner...lol.. It would have been nice for something that crazy to happen but I've never been caught holding my breathe waiting for something to fall from the sky. We've been talking with other people and have a lot of really good stuff coming down the line with a much better line up for product support/distribution through out the world. I will even let you guys know that I have already recieved a few sample parts of new MOLDED parts from CEFX - Yep, trying to get away from any OEM products in a CEFX kit so as time progresses we will control our own supply and product quality. It's a lot of work but very exciting knowing what's in store for the future.

THeGame is helping is work on an all new web site for CEFX. I have to send him over the price lists today and then everyone will be able to order from the site again as soon as he has time to get everything up and running. Shouldn't be too long now!!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

EA what servo is that in your Phoenix 10?
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #513
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
EA what servo is that in your Phoenix 10?
Its a Futaba 9551. I had a 9650 micro servo in there but it felt a little weird at high speed like it didnt have enough torque (which it should have had plenty) and with the car being so light (as you can see all the lead in it) I figured a larger stronger servo couldnt hurt. It did feel better on the track after the swap.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #514
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hey josh what about those 2 chassis and the cross brace?
hey you told me to remind you... LOL

My stuff is still sitting in my basement hasn't even made it to the shop...

been working since I got back. no rush but I'd like to try and get the stuff by the end of the month so I can start building my cars up for the gate. Maybe I'll actually get some practice in LOL

not racing from may until I showed up at Vegas probably didn't help me much... 2 jobs, a track, and a woman with 2 kids eat up all your time LOL

later man

Michael
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #515
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
THeGame is helping is work on an all new web site for CEFX. I have to send him over the price lists today and then everyone will be able to order from the site again as soon as he has time to get everything up and running. Shouldn't be too long now!!
Get that site up soon because I want to order both a 12th and 10th onroad car. Josh - Is the new 12th available now?
MACHFIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #516
Tech Rookie

Default Brushless

Josh: I'm experiencing some difficulties fitting a brushless motor in my original C12 (first generation). Will the new phoenix rear pod top and bottom graphite plates fit my rear pod? IF these won't fit, any other advice for how to get my brushless motor into this chassis? I have tried dremeling off parts of the graphite on the top plate, but it's still a very tight fit...Thanks.
Erik Aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 AM   #517
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mark34 Send a message via Yahoo to mark34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Aa View Post
Josh: I'm experiencing some difficulties fitting a brushless motor in my original C12 (first generation). Will the new phoenix rear pod top and bottom graphite plates fit my rear pod? IF these won't fit, any other advice for how to get my brushless motor into this chassis? I have tried dremeling off parts of the graphite on the top plate, but it's still a very tight fit...Thanks.
Loosen rear wheel not diff side slide along axle, loosen the screws holding the pod on this side slide motor in. Bit of a pain but fits in fine, check tweak on car. I know this works as thats how a gm brushless is sat in my car
hth

Powered By Demon Batteries and GM Brushless and 2 thumbs
Mark Ashby
mark34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 AM   #518
Tech Rookie

The difficulties stem not from getting the motor into the pod. That part offers no problems. The difficulties stem from bolting on the motor and at the same time getting adequate space for the wire connectors (which bump into the top plate), as well as getting enough "sliding distance" to fit different size pinions.
Erik Aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #519
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mark34 Send a message via Yahoo to mark34

I use 16 gauge wire as thats all you need for 4 cell so no suspension bind there with the gm have no issues with clearance I will post a pic later
Mark