R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

steve...

I'd say after this week that I'm one of the causes of there being a t-plate shortage LOL

Josh cut some new prototype t-bars for the nats that worked pretty well. I'm pretty sure that he's going to cut the final version of them when he gets back... should be able to get them out pretty soon.

Monti, Hermann, and I ran the phoenix for the first time at the nationals and we found that the car has a LOT of steering especially on high bite situations. We tried a bunch of different setups and changes at the nats that really seemed to smooth the car out.

just be patient... I think everyone will like the changes. its the first time anyone other than blackstock and cyrul have run the car at a big race to my knowledge so we are still working on setups for stock and 19... but I can tell you that the car was much better and easier to drive by the time the mains started.

I'm sure josh will come on and post once he gets settled back in after the nats.

thanks again josh for all the help,

Michael Skeen
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #452
Tech Rookie

I would like to thank Josh for designing and developing a car good enough to let me win the UK 1/12 Modified Sportsmans Championship.
The closely fought series was decided last weekend at the Muchmore British 1/12 GP.
I have raced CEFX for most of 4 seasons now and I am more than happy with the performance of the C12 Evo2. I will be trying my Phoenix over the summer and hope this will be as good to me as my Evo2!
Russ Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
steve...

I'd say after this week that I'm one of the causes of there being a t-plate shortage LOL

Josh cut some new prototype t-bars for the nats that worked pretty well. I'm pretty sure that he's going to cut the final version of them when he gets back... should be able to get them out pretty soon.

Monti, Hermann, and I ran the phoenix for the first time at the nationals and we found that the car has a LOT of steering especially on high bite situations. We tried a bunch of different setups and changes at the nats that really seemed to smooth the car out.

just be patient... I think everyone will like the changes. its the first time anyone other than blackstock and cyrul have run the car at a big race to my knowledge so we are still working on setups for stock and 19... but I can tell you that the car was much better and easier to drive by the time the mains started.

I'm sure josh will come on and post once he gets settled back in after the nats.

thanks again josh for all the help,

Michael Skeen
What were the changes on the protoype t-plates? Also, what were the biggest changes to smooth the car out? Tires?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #454
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

its just new material josh got from a different source. it looks more like an associated t-bar than the old t-bars he had that were black. They were cut a little different too not sure if its the final revision or not have to get josh to answer that.

I know he's really busy taking care of things with his track closing, but I'm sure he'll be on here ASAP. I'll answer what I can though till he does.

We cut the battery slot about 1.5mm more forward to get the batteries forward to smooth out the car. Made a HUGE difference. can be done with a dremel and a file... this was by FAR the biggest change that really helped the car.

I can't vouch for josh but here is my setup... (i think he was pretty close to it)

phoenix setup for stock and 19 at the 2008 carpet nats

Front

added .020 washers to both front axles to widen the front to make it easier to drive
20 front springs
10 deg reactive blocks
split caster approx 3-4 deg (shims split)
15,000 lube on king pins
jaco magenta front tires just barely rounded and glued halfway.
1.61 tire half dope

rear

moved the batteries 1.5mm forward (i think josh may have tried 2mm in mod)
2 screws in the t-bar
silver center spring
40 weight oil
added a half mm. spacer to lengthen the shock for more uptravel.
.020 washer under the front of the t-bar for more rotation
jaco yellow rear tires (glued where it meets the rim only) cut to 1.71 for the main.
full dope
15k lube in dampner tubes
I can't remember on the rear width... 171.5mm rear

Parma Speed 8 in stock

Protoform Speed 12 in 19 turn

if I forgot something let me know
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh: Is your new pro 10 car just a bigger C12?
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #456
Tech Rookie

Josh you have PM
IndyPhil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #457
Tech Apprentice

I have the C12 now and looking to upgrade to the Pheonix, but the website shows there out of stock on the t-plates. I understand there was a major move and closure to the track, my question is; When is things going to be avalible again to order?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey All - FYI!

The 4th Annual Midwest Carpet On-Road Championships has been announced!

Hope you can make it to "The Plex"...!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...9&d=1213690177

-Todd
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #459
Suspended

Default Launch of Social RC!

Hey Guys! The team at Social RC (www.socialrc.com) has been working incredibly hard to build an innovative online community for RC Car Racing. Our goal is to elevate the profile of RC Racing worldwide by giving racers, manufacturers and track operators what they have persistently been asking for - effective tools to network, stay in touch, swap stories/tips and learn about the latest trends and events in RC Racing Web 2.0 fashion! We want EVERY racer to become a member of the Social RC community, one track at a time (no easy task!)

While the site is still in pre-launch beta mode, go ahead and take a peak and let us know your preliminary thoughts and feedback. All feedback can be posted to the site. We have partnered with the manufacturers and track operators and plan on spreading the word to the masses over the next several weeks!

Social RC Admin
www.socialrc.com
bpatel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #460
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatel12 View Post
Hey Guys! The team at Social RC (www.socialrc.com) has been working incredibly hard to build an innovative online community for RC Car Racing. Our goal is to elevate the profile of RC Racing worldwide by giving racers, manufacturers and track operators what they have persistently been asking for - effective tools to network, stay in touch, swap stories/tips and learn about the latest trends and events in RC Racing Web 2.0 fashion! We want EVERY racer to become a member of the Social RC community, one track at a time (no easy task!)

While the site is still in pre-launch beta mode, go ahead and take a peak and let us know your preliminary thoughts and feedback. All feedback can be posted to the site. We have partnered with the manufacturers and track operators and plan on spreading the word to the masses over the next several weeks!

Social RC Admin
www.socialrc.com
And this is different from RC Tech and all the other local sites in what way?
Not trying to criticize you but what do you mean by "2.0 fashion" ? sounds like marketing bs. OK I guess I'm criticizing
Old 06-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #461
Tech Elite

And BTW, what does this have to do with CEFX?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #462
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey OD it has nothing to do CEFX he is on about 7 threds with the same post like you stated marketing bs in the wrong place
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]

Last edited by tpczx6; 06-21-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: *&*
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #463
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Hey OD it has nothing to do CEFX he is on about 7 threds with the same post like you stated marketing bs in the wrong place
I know Tim, I've seen some of the other posts. I shouldn't post late at night when I'm cranky
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
I know Tim, I've seen some of the other posts. I shouldn't post late at night when I'm cranky
What!!??!! You're ALWAYS cranky.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #465
Tech Elite

Hey! Don't make me come over there!