R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #376
Tech Master

protc3 - You can reach me at the shop here between 2-9pm @ 734-722-7479. Also, Adrian has my e-mail address.

Tempest - Sounds good. We tried the set-ups here from Cleveland and our cars weren't very good but our track is very high bite and more sweepers and carousells..... I'll keep you posted on some January race dates.

Jamie - We made some and sold them but since no one has asked about them. When I have a min, I'll cut some up and get back to you!

Gitsum - Thanks! It's the "C" that we use as a spacer (washers) for the motor screws. A 3.5!!! Umm, I have no clue on that one.... I've been running a 4.5 @ 22/96 with 1.72 rear tires.... The set-up I built it with should be a good starting point. It may be a little soft t-bar wise (especially for a huge, high speed track like that) so you can try running all 4 screws in the t-bar/bottom plate. Also, check further back in the thread and you can see Mike's and my set-ups from Cleveland and I think the Halloween Classic. Parts wise, you should only need t-bars and possibly a bottom plate but I highly doubt that will break. Let me know how it runs!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #377
Tech Regular

For a 3.5 motor, you can start out at about a 1.1 rollout but I never had much luck with the 3.5. It would always overheat the speedo (LRP and Novak).

The 4.5 motors are much better for 12th IMO.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default tamiya parts

Josh

Let me know when you get the tamiya parts cut...thanks.

If possible 3mm graphite would be great.

It will give me a good reason to pick up a 1/12th car...lol.

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 AM   #379
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh,

On your website, I noticed that you have C12 Evo2 green kits in stock but it shows out of stock for the kit built by you. Are you not offering that service anymore?
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #380
Tech Initiate

Josh

I'm interested in a 1/10th oval car if you have any for sale. I've sent you a couple emails.
Thanks
Mike
k7king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #381
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For a 3.5 motor, you can start out at about a 1.1 rollout but I never had much luck with the 3.5. It would always overheat the speedo (LRP and Novak).

The 4.5 motors are much better for 12th IMO.
Not a problem our track is huge. I have both the 3.5 and the 4.5 in light winds...just thought I would try it and see. I had the same results with the sedan and the 3.5 got it to work finally but was alot hotter then I cared for so I switch from the 3.5 to the 4.5 and the 4.0 with much better results.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #382
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to everyone there at CEFX... I had classes in the Detroit area this last week and having an open track to run on in the evenings was great. Thanks Josh for looking at my car and giving some input...the change dropped my times by two seconds.......man was it messed up

Anyway..some of the buddies are planning on a weekend trip up there this spring to run..........CEFX is worth the trip.

Happy Holidays.....

Eric
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #383
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

I have a question for Mike (Blackstock). In Clevland He had a HPI shock on his CEFX Pheonix. I've looked for it everywhare and can't find it. Is it available yet?
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
I have a question for Mike (Blackstock). In Clevland He had a HPI shock on his CEFX Pheonix. I've looked for it everywhare and can't find it. Is it available yet?
It's the Cyclone 12 Shock. They don't sell a complete shock kit right now (atleast I couldn't find a complete shock kit), but you can buy the parts separately to build the shock. Open the link below and go to the bottom of the page. You'll see the last 3 parts packages to make the shock.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #385
Tech Master

senna - No problem, I'll see what I can do!

Fuzzy - We are offering it but I was a bit overwelmed by the # of kits we had ordered that were built by me as they were built as orders came in. I just didn't have time to machine the inventory we needed, build the cars and still test/practice for Cleveland. Honestly, I've been really burnt out since Cleveland. I have a bunch of stuff I need to get caught back up with for orders and as soon as I do so, I will start building kits again for the site.

Mike - I've got your e-mails and I'm finishing cutting some of the oval stuff tonight/tommorow so I will e-mail you back with more info asap!!

Eric - No problem and you got out just in time before we've been pounded with snow!!! Thanks for the kind words!! Happy Holidays!!

beyond - The shock is available but every time it's available from Horizon I order all of them that I can get my hands on!!...lol... I'm trying to get enough to test on my oval cars but they keep coming in a few at a time. Mayb somewhere else has some but I know we have 25 sets on backorder for the hobby shop as a lot of guys really like the shock. I know Mike and I both like it and used it in Cleveland.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #386
Tech Elite

Great let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #387
Tech Addict

What's the advantage of the HB shock? Is it less prone to leaking?
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #388
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm not josh... but that shock is soooo butter smooth. It's built up like a sedan shock with a bladder, and a REAL piston with holes in it.

-Korey
Old 12-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #389
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Do you guys put any kind of limiters in the HB shock? I built one of these up and it was way longer than the standard VCS style shock.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dubro no 2 washers worked pretty good, or you can just cut the shaft just as easy with a dremel.

-Korey