R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i am in detroit this weekend. any place to race on the rug this weekend. I will bring my gear if I can find some place to run.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i am in detroit this weekend. any place to race on the rug this weekend. I will bring my gear if I can find some place to run.
Normally Josh would be open but he and Angel will be down at the Toledo gas car track through the weekend for the Great Lakes Challenge.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #183
Tech Elite

are there other places in the area?

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #184
Tech Rookie

The only other place in the Detroit area is Larry's. It's a pretty small track and absolutely no Paragon ground effects.

Google for Larry's performance RC's
WalterCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #185
Tech Elite

t

Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #186
Tech Elite

thanks for the help guys. I'm not in that neck of the woods much, so really want to run at cefx. a track without paragon sound not to be much fun.

I will just have to find an excuse for another company trip to that area.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #187
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

By chance is anyone heading to Vegas or FastCats, I was looking for a starting set-up. I was running out side, and the car was hooked. Best i had it running. Now that we're going back indoors, a starting set-up would be appreciated. Thx
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #188
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
By chance is anyone heading to Vegas or FastCats, I was looking for a starting set-up. I was running out side, and the car was hooked. Best i had it running. Now that we're going back indoors, a starting set-up would be appreciated. Thx
Here is a setup that James Reily posted a couple of pages back, Hope it's what your looking for.

Front
Lube on kingpins: Kyosho yellow grease
Springs: 0.018
Blocks: 5 deg - white shim on both side of upper arm
Camber: -2
Front Ride Height: 3.5mm - 4mm

Rear
T-plate: C12 .062 T-Bar - Med - C12 Only
2 screws
Tubes: Kyosho yellow grease
Ride Height: 4mm

Shock
30w Losi
stock C12 spring ( olive Assoc. )

Tires
Front: Dbl Pink Wrap
Rear: Yellow Wrap

Speed 12 body
* ride height a little high but the track is a little bumpy. Typ. 3-3.5 all around

The car was very fast and easy to drive. I qualified 2nd in the open class and
only my little mistakes held me back. This was also the same set-up we
ran at the nationals at home.

Hope that helps.
James Reilly
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #189
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

Thx, I think I have everything I need for that set-up, but I'm using the Corally Grease, Is the Kyosho, a better way to go for the tubes?
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #190
Tech Master

The Kyosho gease is just a standard that we've been using (I race for Kyosho and I have it in my pit box anyway...lol..). I'm not sure the thickness of the Corally grease....

Just remember, use the thickest grease you can BUT make sure the pod will always return to center. If you "flick" the pod each direction it should always center up in the same position. If if doesn't then the dampening is too thick or the t-bar is worn.

NEW CEFX PRODUCTS COMING SOON!!!!

I'll post more in the coming days....
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #191
Tech Master

Default CEFX Raceway 2007-2008 Indoor Season

Hello Everyone,

First off, I hope everyone has had and is enjoying the end of their summer. I thought I would come on here and clear the air for everyone as there has been some rumors about the future of CEFX Raceway and whether there will be a track around this year.

YES!!! CEFX Raceway will be here and open the remainder of 2007 as well as all of 2008. Beyond that, I am not sure as our lease finishes in December of '08 and at that time we will evaluate everything and go from there.

I will admit, that we had considered selling only the track/hobby shop (not CEFX) as the potential buyer had grand plans of putting a lot of money into the track and hobby shop. To me this would only improve the racing scene, potential for the track's future and ultimatly a strong facility and business for all of us to enjoy our hobby. Needless to say, after several no shows for multiple things we have decided that selling the track/shop off would not be in the best interest of the racers and it was time for us to publicly announce that the track is not for sale and CEFX Raceway will continue to be owned and opperated by the Cyrul family and I.

If anyone has any questions or comments please let us know. We are open to ideas and we require the support of the racers to push the business further. Plain and simple, we want your business and need it to improve inventory and improve the facility to support all of you better and give you the cleanest, nicest facility to enjoy your hobby.

Store Hours:

Mon - Closed
Tue - 2pm-9pm - Racing Starts at 6:30pm
Wed - 2pm-9pm - Open Practice
Thu - 2pm-9pm - Open Practice
Fri - 2pm-9pm - Open Practice (Racing starting in Sept @ 6:30pm)
Sat - 10am-9pm - Open Practice
Sun - 9am-6pm - Racing Starts at Noon

Coming Soon:

CRL Dates
Stop #2 on the BRL Tour @ CEFX Nov 2nd-4th
Special Event Races
CRS - Cyrul Racing School. Wednesday's & Saturday's for racers of all levels.

August 25th - CEFX Work Day:

Saturday the 25th we are going to have a work day. We are going to roll up and re-lay the carpet to remove all the wrinkles. Anyone willing to come out and give a hand recieves pizza, pop and free practice once the track is put back together.
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Racers,

it seems we all want a track to race at and hope and pray for one to open near us. However, it seems that when it does no one is too interested in paying a race or practice fee or supporting the Shop that runs the track because they can't beat overseas or internet pricing. Let's keep in mind these tracks are a business first and foremost and the extra buck or two you pay for a part in a shop or the track can help keep the lights on. I have not had the good fortune of racing at the "new" CEFX" raceway, but I did get a chance to practice at the old facility before vegas in 05'(Man, I'm getting old!) You guys have NO idea how lucky you are!!!!!!

I live in Florida, and while asphalt tracks abound we have exactly ZERO carpet tracks in the ENTIRE state. I would love the opportunity to have a racer like Josh living here in Florida lending his experience and expertise to both novice and seasoned racers alike. Keep on supporting the track and shop because if you don't and Josh is forced to close the doors, I can guarantee it won't be 60 seconds before you say "Wow...I wish the track hadn't closed..now where am I going to run"

Good Luck Josh.

P.S. Anytime you are down for a CS-27 toss showdown you let me know!!

Butter
Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #193
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Racers,

it seems we all want a track to race at and hope and pray for one to open near us. However, it seems that when it does no one is too interested in paying a race or practice fee or supporting the Shop that runs the track because they can't beat overseas or internet pricing. Let's keep in mind these tracks are a business first and foremost and the extra buck or two you pay for a part in a shop or the track can help keep the lights on. I have not had the good fortune of racing at the "new" CEFX" raceway, but I did get a chance to practice at the old facility before vegas in 05'(Man, I'm getting old!) You guys have NO idea how lucky you are!!!!!!

I live in Florida, and while asphalt tracks abound we have exactly ZERO carpet tracks in the ENTIRE state. I would love the opportunity to have a racer like Josh living here in Florida lending his experience and expertise to both novice and seasoned racers alike. Keep on supporting the track and shop because if you don't and Josh is forced to close the doors, I can guarantee it won't be 60 seconds before you say "Wow...I wish the track hadn't closed..now where am I going to run"

Good Luck Josh.

P.S. Anytime you are down for a CS-27 toss showdown you let me know!!

Butter
Teambutter,

I couldn't agree more!

I am fortunate enough to have have 2 carpet tracks withinn driving distance from me in the Detroit area. I choose to drive to Josh's track because it is a hech of alot nicer then the other! I have been racing for 20+ years and in my opinion his faciliy is one of the best I have seen! Huge square footage, heat/air condition, great carpet with high bite, great on sight hobby shop, and a world class driver that is willing to help anyone with driving and set up questions!
Having said this I don't believe we as midwestern racers are supporting this facility to the capacity it needs or deserves. Like what was previously stated we need to support his hobby shop, and pay his practice and race fees with a smile becasue this is the heartbeat of the facility! If it is not on the shelf it can be oredered. No problem! Angel is wondeful with this!

Show your support this Saturday and come on down to the track to lend a hand. Buy a few parts too!

J-
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Josh,

I've sent numerous emails and tried to contact you or Angel about a few Kyosho shirts I am interested in. Could someone drop me a line about these. I'm interested in one t-shirt and one long sleeve shirt. I'm 5' 8", 150# and figured a large would be good for both.

I'd like to fly some new "red" colors as I'm using my old "black" shirts for rags now......

Thanks,
Corey
[email protected]
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #195
Tech Adept

I would give them a call.

ph# is on cefx raceway websight. He'll be able to get it to ya in 3 days.

thanks
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote