Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Wheel Drag HELP!?!? >

Wheel Drag HELP!?!?

Wheel Drag HELP!?!?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default Wheel Drag HELP!?!?

Is it common for a worn or busted CVD to cause one front wheel to drag compared to the other, even in a straight line? Mainly noticable off throttle with the one way when the front wheels spin freely not really noticable (yet) when driving

Or would I only get a drag when turning a corner (nothing that rear CVD's seem to last a lot longer than fronts)
Old 02-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

I think this a problem with TA05s. Especially when you run a heavy battery. Try moving around your ballast, or check the wheel bearings. One of them might be shot.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Have changed the bearings around, no difference, switched the CV's from left to right and the problem moves with it, but that eliminates the diff and diff bearings from being the cause.

Could the CV be it?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Have changed the bearings around, no difference, switched the CV's from left to right and the problem moves with it, but that eliminates the diff and diff bearings from being the cause.

Could the CV be it?
Possibly, but the only way to tell for sure is to put some CV's in there that you're sure are ok......
Old 02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

make sure you put a shim on the axcel befor installing it through the bearing . sounds like theres too much pressure on thre bearings causing your problem .. maybe go to a thinner shim .... hope this will work for ya .. it worked for me ... late !!!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the tip, it certainly did help a little, still some clicking from that CV so I know it's suspect but it should hold for the weekend (parts delayed in Hong Kong due to Chinese New Year)

Have put one 0.5 mm shim between the cv and bearing, and one between the bearing and hub clamp on each side.