• 1 Post By Bcollins82
  • 2 Post By Stevie S
  • 2 Post By billdelong

Trinity mx10 pro and mx8 pro

Old 03-01-2023, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Trinity mx10 pro and mx8 pro

I've seen quite a lot of these for sale recently. Does anybody have any experience with them? Anything particularly bad? Anything that makes them worse than Tekin or Hobbywing?
Old 03-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flipside6900
I've seen quite a lot of these for sale recently. Does anybody have any experience with them? Anything particularly bad? Anything that makes them worse than Tekin or Hobbywing?
I run the MX10 in my 22x-4. It’s a great ESC very smooth, killer brakes. I would rate it better than my Hobbywing G2 elite, but not quite as smooth as my Pro Performance XSC150P. If you’re seeing them for sale it’s not for lack of performance IMO.
Flipside6900 likes this.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yeah, it's just crazy to see ppl selling them for a hundred bucks. I was kinda suspect. I guess it's only a small bit cheap than a HW. Can you make basic programming changes like switching from timing to blinky without the programmer?
Old 03-02-2023, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcollins82
I run the MX10 in my 22x-4. It’s a great ESC very smooth, killer brakes. I would rate it better than my Hobbywing G2 elite, but not quite as smooth as my Pro Performance XSC150P. If you’re seeing them for sale it’s not for lack of performance IMO.
yep out of curiosity I tried one also and not quite as smooth as my Pro Performance esc either and my car wasn’t as fast with the Trinity esc
Flipside6900 and Shawn B like this.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I used to be a die hard HobbyWing customer up until COVID, the electronics they've produced since then have been failing often for me to the point where they lost me as a customer. I've since switched to Trinity and all the same tuning options are there and with about 10 race days so far I am still satisfied with my decision to make the switch... on a large 1/8 track I was averaging between 4-17 race days between failures with HW in the three 1/8 electric cars I've been maintaining. Most notable is the Trinity XF8 motor tends to run cooler and more efficient with longer run times and same power as the HW motor I was running previously. Icing on the cake is that Trinity offers replacement rotors and sensor boards which failed often on HW which helps reduce maintenance costs, though I haven't had to replace any of these parts on my Trinity setup yet, just nice to have that option. Trinity ESC's also have replacement switches and wiring that plug into the ESC where most other brands are hard wired.
Flipside6900 and HOTROD716 like this.