Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Help please with interference >

Help please with interference

Help please with interference

Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

try another set of crystals if you have them. Once I broke the one in the receiver (a crash made the receiver out of its place) and when I was close to it, it worked fine; however, with the car at 10 feet it started glitching as hell... ask a friend for a set of crystals if you don't have spares.

al

Last edited by rampal; 02-20-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question for the interference experts.......

If I were to use a Futaba MJ(AM) controller with a Futaba S9550 digital servo, would I get a lot of glitches????
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Addam

Take the receiver out of the car.
Take the back off it and spray it out with motor spray (no cheap residue filled copies)
Examine the receiver antennae very carefully along it's entire length (hope it's still the original tuned length and hasn't been cut)
If there is any damage or kinks etc replace the antennae wire - do a good soldering job carefully
Mount the receiver on it's side with the antennae to the top side and get it up through the aerial tube as soon as possible - use a couple of thicknesses of servo tape under it.
Make sure no power leads are running over the receiver or the aerial

My bet is
The speed control voltage reg that supplies power to the receiver and servos etc is on the way out and is not supplying enough voltage and when put under pressure on the track by the steering servo etc there is not enough power left for the receiver etc.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
I have a question for the interference experts.......

If I were to use a Futaba MJ(AM) controller with a Futaba S9550 digital servo, would I get a lot of glitches????
I've used the s9550 with my 2PL a couple of times without problems... However, I'm also aware that there are restrictions that can apply to AM systems, take a look at the s9550 instructions sheet, there you can check if your system is in....
Old 02-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rampal
I've used the s9550 with my 2PL a couple of times without problems... However, I'm also aware that there are restrictions that can apply to AM systems, take a look at the s9550 instructions sheet, there you can check if your system is in....

I dont have S9550 servo instruction sheet.........so does this means I would not have any glitches if I were to use my S9550 servo with a Futaba MJ controller???
Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

I dont have S9550 servo instruction sheet.........so does this means I would not have any glitches if I were to use my S9550 servo with a Futaba MJ controller???
Cannot said that... I will check at home once I arrive there and post the list of incompatible AM radios.

cheers,
Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cannot said that... I will check at home once I arrive there and post the list of incompatible AM radios.

cheers,

Wow thanks man....be sure to let me know ASAP......
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Wow thanks man....be sure to let me know ASAP......
this is what it says:

" This digital servo cannot be used with following transmitters (servo neutral signal: 1310us).
Conquest AM, FG series (T4FG, T5FGK, T6FG, T6FGK, T7FGK), New terratop, T3EGX, T3PGE, T2NL, T2LGX, T2FR, T2PK series.

For full performance of digital servos, please use them only with FM, PCM and HRS systems. Do not use digital servos with AM systems."

anyway, as I said, I have used it with the @PL with no major problems. If your MJ is not in the list, give it a try!!!

al
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

this is what it says:

" This digital servo cannot be used with following transmitters (servo neutral signal: 1310us).
Conquest AM, FG series (T4FG, T5FGK, T6FG, T6FGK, T7FGK), New terratop, T3EGX, T3PGE, T2NL, T2LGX, T2FR, T2PK series.

For full performance of digital servos, please use them only with FM, PCM and HRS systems. Do not use digital servos with AM systems."

anyway, as I said, I have used it with the @PL with no major problems. If your MJ is not in the list, give it a try!!!

al

Thanks man.......btw when you use the S9550 servo with your 2PL, does it twitch by itself???
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks man.......btw when you use the S9550 servo with your 2PL, does it twitch by itself???
It makes the classic buzz sound of all digital servos, but it doesn't twitch by itself....

al
Old 02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default glitches

Not sure if you have sorted out the problem anyway try standing the receiver on its side as far away from the speedy also cover the empty slots if any with tape to stop dust and gravel getting into the receiver case .
Extend the receiver antena wire its full length as far as you can nice long aerial tube if required.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Glitch?

Have you tried a different motor? whenever I glitch, I change out the motor and it usually works fine.