R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   how to tell if one way (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/15021-how-tell-if-one-way.html)

racerb 03-19-2003 01:54 PM

how to tell if one way

Hey guy's how do Itell if there is a one way in a car....I just got a used schui axis2 and when I gun the throttle and let off the front wheels still spin.....there is a guy who has a one way in his car where I race but his wheels spin more easier...but mine still do spin...I tightened up the diff and it still spins fairly free....I was just wondering if there is a better way to tell????:confused:

thanx all

Herminator 03-19-2003 02:01 PM

you can't tighten a front one way diff, what you may have is a normal diff in the front but a center one way. Try holding the spur gear and turning both front wheels the same direction, they should be easy to move one way but not the other if you have a center one way.

TimPotter 03-19-2003 02:05 PM

Racerb. Schumacher offered an "ABS" system for the AXIS 2. Kinda like an adjustable center one way... I think thats what they called it, been a while

racerb 03-19-2003 02:31 PM

ok well I tried to .....

I held the spur and one tire and turned the free one iwith my other hand( this is how I check how tight my diffs are) it spins very ez in the forwar direction but if I try to go in the reverse direction it does not want to....maybe this a schuie part like mentioned I not sure...maybe I will try asking on the schuie thread

racerb 03-20-2003 10:36 AM

anybody else???

ttt

seaball 03-22-2003 01:27 PM

that still could be either. however, you say you can adjust the front diff just like the rear. then, it must be just that...a diff in the front and rear. so the one way can only be on the layshaft.

if itwere just the one way diff, you should be able to rotate the wheels forward, but the front pulley will stay. if you can freely rotate the entire front transmission assembly (pulley, cvd's, wheels etc.) while holding the spur, you would also have a one way pulley or the abs on the layshaft.

the schumacher layshaft oneways can be locked as well if you don't want that action.

that should do it.

sausage_link 03-22-2003 07:46 PM

do all four wheels brake?
if only the rear then u have a one way

Dragonfire 03-22-2003 10:04 PM

one way?

You say you can adjust the front diff (tighten)? then you have a ball diff in the front as one way diffs are not ajustable.

If your front wheels free wheel then you prolly have a layshaft (center) one way. The easiest way to check this is to hold your spur gear ( so it can't rotate) then try to move your front belt. if you can move your front belt forward but not backwards then you have a layshaft one way.