R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #1066
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bubbles - you've made some very negative comments about the Warp chassis, but you still haven't said if you've ever driven one. I have two TC3's...one with a Warp chassis, the other stock (with the battery mod). In direct comparison, my fastest laps have been with my stock car, however, those laps haven't been consistent. My overall times have been better with the Warp Chassis (D1) because it has a smoother more stable feel. It's been easier to drive. My times keep getting better too as I spend more time with the car. But, whether or not the Warp chassis is better or not as good as the tub chassis is really up to the individual driver (and I stress DRIVER) to determine, but one thing for SURE...the chassis is NOT crap. Even if you have driven it and didn't prefer it, it's still a quality kit that's had a lot time invested in it's design. IRS just copied the tub chassis layout. No real thought behind. Vic at Warpspeed put thought into his chassis and came up with a design to improve performance. Bubbles, I understand you're still a kid so I'm not going to try to bash you, but just say that you need to temper your remarks. To say that Warpspeed's chassis is crap without really trying it out is irresponsible and unfair to Vic and all the people that have spent a lot of time developing and testing the car. This may be just a hobby for you, but it's a business to others. I'm not saying you should say a car is GREAT if you don't think it is, just be fair with your comments.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:06 PM   #1067
Tech Elite

I want to add too that I've been so impressed with my Warp car that I plan to convert my stock TC3 to the Warp Demon 2 as soon as I can get my hands one.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:13 PM   #1068
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Geetoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Geetoo
Lem: How does it look like? Is it like IRS?
It's way diferent from the IRS Chassis, though they will be coming out with one soon. Will race the DEMON on the Pre-Holloween Race, at PINAGBUHATAN, hope it gets here on time.

BUBBLES: Peace bro!!! Your attitude reflects your home track, do not be like that. I've been to SOCAL onces just to see the place and people seem to be so friendly and not Negativistic (S.P.?) Peace bro!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:15 PM   #1069
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Whoa

Who buddy, why so bitter towards the chassis? I haven't tried itmyself, but a buddy has one, and its a quality piece of kit.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #1070
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

bubbles-I am 38 years old, a business man, a father, a racer, a mentor to kids in my neighborhood, an honest person and vey responsible.

So trsut me and let me tell you that you have lost any and all respect from all your peers here on RCTech. Either shut your hole or you will be the laughing stock of SoCal.

There are a lot of SoCal regulars who read this thread and I think 99% of them are laughing at you right now and shaking there heads in disbelief that you would be so vane as to make these remarks.

YOU lack maturity, class and tact. Who are you trying to impress by saying these things? Do you think Cliff Lett is reading this saying to himself "I am going to hire this Bubbles to be on my race team because he stands up for my product by bashing Warpspeed".

Please stop posting here right now!!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #1071
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Bubbles, yes you are correct in assuming that I am a Warpspeed sponsored driver. However, I thought the chassis was great before I was picked up. You are extremely ignorant if you believe that this car is crap. There were others who said the same thing to me before i got my car, not quite as strongly as you, but the same nonetheless. I have since then proved them wrong by going VERY fast on the track with this car. Ray, James, Howard and Dotman have all gone fast with this car. Numerous other drivers have had great race reports with the car, saying it has improved their times and made driving more fun. So if you don't like the chassis, too bad for you, keep it to yourself. If you want respect, or want to get the respect you most certainly lost by posting bad things about a great car, just leave and don't post on this thread anymore.

I'm done here. For all you guys that have voiced your opinion about how GREAT the Warpspeed Demon is, thanks from me, my fellow drivers, and of course Victor at Warpspeed.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Old 09-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #1072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
hey ALL BACK TO RACING !!!!!

Last edited by mb racer; 09-30-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:12 PM   #1073

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I drove brians warpspeed on the very first race night he got it and it was pretty good. he has since obviously improved it and i ahve yet to try it again as he has yet to try my tub again. We are pretty much trying to see whats got the upperhand. I think the quality of this kit is very good, precise measurements throughout. The standoffs were all within .001 of each other, thats very good. Keep the good products coming.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #1074
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

guys, i am sorry about this, someone aperrentley got a hold of my password and username and started to bag on all of you(high school is kind of weird)

i have had this only happen one other time, but i really do not view those opinions towards warpspeed products

sorry about the inconvionence

i am accually thinking of getting a demon2, i like the fact that you can use the nitro steering rather than cutting all the cross members out of the stock TC3's tub chassis

i noticed this when i was reciving mutiple posts for only one accual post

i appoligise greatley for this inconvience
Old 09-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #1075
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

John,

Absolutely and completely unfair. You guys were hiding one of those in your pits and didn't even let me see it?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now I fee so unappreciated

LOL

Art
Old 09-29-2003, 08:52 PM   #1076
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey Art!

Blame Doug lemmons,the winner of expert yesterday.I didnt even know until the end of the day.I thought he was driving a Losi the whole time.Thing was fast and super consistant.I found out what was wrong with my Surikarn.The front pinion gear in the gear box blew up making me drive the car with only rear wheel drive.That cost me At least Jaime didnt win!Hope you and the Family can come out to Hobbytown sometime.We will definately see you next month.That Bowling trophy is MINE!
Old 09-29-2003, 08:58 PM   #1077
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
guys, i am sorry about this, someone aperrentley got a hold of my password and username and started to bag on all of you(high school is kind of weird)

i have had this only happen one other time, but i really do not view those opinions towards warpspeed products

sorry about the inconvionence

i am accually thinking of getting a demon2, i like the fact that you can use the nitro steering rather than cutting all the cross members out of the stock TC3's tub chassis

i noticed this when i was reciving mutiple posts for only one accual post

i appoligise greatley for this inconvience
Hehe, you are really going to keep this up aren't you? You are digging yourself deeper and deeper. Do you actually believe people will buy it? The way you construct your sentences, break up your paragraphs, lower case "i" 's, misspellings, and most of all, this ridiculous story. And I thought kids are already back in school.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:12 PM   #1078
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Geetoo
Lem: How does it look like? Is it like IRS?
DUDE!!!!!! Bite your tounge....

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
Old 09-29-2003, 09:15 PM   #1079
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Axiom-I am on the button ready to order the Demon2 to try on Carpet/foams before the Halloween Classic. if I dont order it now-I will have to wait till after the Champs I think. I want as many miles on one chassis as I can.

I bet I can make the conversion in about 20 minutes too!! Once I prep the chassis I mean.

What do you think? Also-do you think I should make any changes at all to the set-up?
Old 09-29-2003, 09:24 PM   #1080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Tell me how it works on high bite, I might be interested in trying it for foams.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Closed Thread