Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not to get too technical-but I can make beautiful Graphite sheet in my basement with a smooooth table, resin and a vacuum bag, but it wont be strong. So I only say this so everyone knows that color of Graphite has no bearing on its strength-per se. Yokomos SSG graphite is not soft because its silver-but because it isnt engineered to be ultra strong and stiff. How many layers, how its laid, what kind of resin, is it pure carbon graphite or are there sheets of fiberglass, etc., etc.how its vacuum sealed and how its, yada yada, yada all play a role. Think of it this way-Carbon Fiber A-arm on F1 car-Awesome. Carbon fiber on the dashboard of a rice rocket-Cheap crap!!!

Okay_ I am droning on and on-The point is-Warpspeed buys awesome Graphite sheet. The moment your Demon chassis comes and you put it in your hand-you'll know!!! Its stiff as can be and its flat as can be.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

That final layer before the resin is a fabric. Traditional is the black/grey checkered effect. A change of color is NO different. Just like Ray said.........
Old 09-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Race report

The DEMON also works in the wet!

Sunday was the last race in the outdoor national cup for 2003.
We had rain almost all day so there were a few more things to think about... (we have had many races in the rain this season)

Qualifying was ok, but I had some trouble finding the right setup. I qualified 5th in the A-main.

In the finals the car was dialled and I had good speed. I came second in final 1 and 2. In the third final I chose the wrong tires and went off the track and into the fence with a bang.

I finished 2nd in total, my best result in the national cup so far.

Now I’m looking forward to try the DEMON on carpet!

I have printed the DEMON setups that have been posted here but if there are more good setups out there please post them (rubber tires on carpet). If anyone would like a good setup for rain on a large track I’ll post it or email it.

I’m very happy with the DEMON!!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default a few more days

and my chassis will be on it's way!!!! just playing the waiting game here!!!!
Good to hear everybody had a great run this weekend!!!
Peace and happy racing!!! Lem
Old 09-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes, guys, just to clarify, as Ray and Rob both said, the "Ice Blue" graphite is NOT any less stiff than the black graphite. It is the same quality and stiffness graphite as the black; Victor wouldn't buy anything less
Old 09-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

you guys waiting for the d-2 are in for a treat that thing is dialed . i actually even got to drive it after the races at our state meet with an adjustable 19 turn more than enough power to test the car at full race speeds this thing was planted if you have and oder for the origional demon upgradde to the d-2 this this is dialed
i even tried pulling a swipe on victor, i left my demon on the table and walked away with the d-2 he yelled where do you think youre going i said home. o yea! he said but can i get my car back!
guys this thing is dialed ! did i say that already!.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl

i even tried pulling a swipe on victor, i left my demon on the table and walked away with the d-2 he yelled where do you think youre going i said home. o yea! he said but can i get my car back!
guys this thing is dialed ! did i say that already!.
thats some funny stuff. Guess ya cant pull the wool over vics eyes
Old 09-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yea the color makes no difference, same stiffness if same sizes are compared, just a cool color. I found some red and gold, that sweet stuff
Old 09-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Vic, Howard, Brian, etc...

So you guys think a Demon2 is the bomb on big, fast carpet track on foam tires too (see my thread about the Gate)? Mine was super fast in the corners as it was. Wonder if I should buy a Demon2 as well. Too bad I am a bit low on extra electronics right now. Love to have two chassis ready ro run with servo and electronics on it. Just switch over the front and rear clips and drive shaft!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Geht aus mein thread schuesslicher stephen!! Hast du einen Demon? Hast du interest in einen Demon? Ich glaube nicht, so du muss steih aus!

Just kidding

Any more good race news from anyone driving a warpspeed car?
Old 09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Geht aus mein thread schuesslicher stephen!! Hast du einen Demon? Hast du interest in einen Demon? Ich glaube nicht, so du muss steih aus!

Just kidding

Any more good race news from anyone driving a warpspeed car?
Boy mt german is rusty-but:

Get out of my thread stephen. Have you a Demon. Have you ineterest in a Demon? if answer is no, you must get out.

Was that even close??? hahaha!!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Ray, personally I think you can't go wrong with a Demon or Demon 2. But for anyone racing with foam tires on a high-traction track, or going to be racing on a high-traction track (national race such as cleveland/snowbirds/carpet nats), i think the Demon 1 is the better choice because of its longer wheelbase. HOWEVER, I think the Demon 2 will be the King of rubber/carpet and asphalt racing.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Almost Ray!

Last three sentences are "Do you have a Demon? Do you have interest in a Demon? I don't think so, so get out!"

Yeah german is somewhat messed up, but it's cool

I'm just giving you a hard time steve, you know you're stubborn like that!
Old 09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

yea brian give him a hard time im only steve kiddin cuz your mixing my demon lol
Old 09-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

fixing u mean

Showdown number 2 on sunday
Where u wanna pit brian?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.