Search

Warpspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rangulo
Jhort
The new warpspeed demon is a great car option. The chassis is made up of a 3mm carbon fiber main chassis with 3mm upper deck. As with many of the new cars like the yok version of the tc3 and the Tamiya evo3 the battery placement is more logical because of the direction that most races are driven in(clock wise).

Having the batteries closer to the center also does wonders for the handling and transitioning of the chassis in motion. This chassis is not an exact copy of the standard tc3 which is still a great car.

The Warpspeed Demon gives that intense racer an option for tuning that was not available before. Irs makes really awesome products. I personally run the alu. outdrives and the Big dog bones and the IRS center drive shaft.....
[/QUOTE So how is it logical when the batteries on the new Yokomo Sd and the Evo 3 are both on the left side? Please inform us......
Old 03-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by rctim
rangulo: It's nice that you're trying to help Victor, but you're driving a LOSI. How can you say how the car works when you're not even driving one. WHATS WITH THAT????
You know that we are struggling with the car, and you keep telling us that the chassis is no good. Just before the Birds, you told me that you wouldn't drive a Warpspeed Chassis.
I know that you think that Dave is a hack and we don't know anything, but we don't pretend to be something we aren't. I hardly ever get on these things and respond, but you are so full of yourself (and S*#T) I just had to say something.

Tim Hartman
Old 03-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by James Nguyen
This is a thread for Warpspeed product feedback guys...I'd like to read about the feedback, not about some guy getting caught cheating.
I believe you have missed the point sir...
Old 03-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Well count me in as missing the point as well. I am pretty darned confused as to where this thread has gone. I too was just looking for info on the chassis from Warpspeed racing. If these people are no legit or a scam then we should all know about it but that is not what I am picking up from this thread....

confused
Matt
Old 03-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi, Matt. I bought the chassis conversion and will be running/testing it tomorrow at a local race. I'll let you know how well it performs. I don't know any of the people who've posted or been discussed in this thread. I'm only concerned with getting my car around the track faster than everyone else.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by pkranger63
Well count me in as missing the point as well. I am pretty darned confused as to where this thread has gone. I too was just looking for info on the chassis from Warpspeed racing. If these people are no legit or a scam then we should all know about it but that is not what I am picking up from this thread....

confused
Matt
Expanding upon your confusion: This is the end to end all, to all who are concerned (or may be remotely concerned). The point was for this rangulo character to be careful of what he says. As it was pointed out it's not nice to spread rumors about manufacturer's business decisions and to miss us with his so-called "endorsement" of a product when he actually berates the manufacturer and its drivers. Especially when your character has been proven and found to be seriously lacking. Was that clear, read in between the lines. That's it...
Old 03-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Dotman, what did you think of the fit and finish of the conversion?
I think I read that you can use either the TC3 or NTC3 steering is that correct? I look forward to reading your report

Thank you
Matt
Old 03-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

The conversion was quick and painless. The chassis only needed the edges glued and a hole drilled for an antenna mount. Victor said the next release will have a hole for the antenna drilled. The chassis and upper deck are thick and solid. There is very little flex. I used the IRS chassis previously and it flexed quite a bit. The slots were already tapered for you. I've never had a chassis from anybody that had that done, however, the original chassis does have that molded in. It comes with holes drilled for the stock rack steering system and the NTC3 steering rack. I'll experiment with setups tomorrow and post my findings
Old 03-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default James Nguyen

did you get your chassie today????
Old 03-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Warpspeed chassis

I have the latest version of the warpspeed and it is great. Vic made the motor mount and the drive shaft mount into one piece. The carbon fiber is cut really well and only needs to have the edges of the chassis glued. If anyone has any questions as to the build up please post them and we'll help where we can.

Old 03-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

We are currently Sold OUT on the DEMON Chassis.......

The new batch of DEMON Chassis will be available some time in April. We are taking pre-orders at this time. Email address is
[email protected].

I have been receiving alot of email requesting info on the
NEW WARPSPEED MISSION Chassis. Yes, I am coming out with a
new chassis, but no info is being given out at this time.
Schumacher USA will be carrying the NEW WARPSPEED MISSION
Chassis.

On behalf of WARPSPEED RACING we would like to thank
Paul Wynn and Adrian Martinez at Schumacher USA for
helping us to become known in the R/C Industry.

Last edited by Mr Warpspeed; 03-22-2003 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TRANNY CASES

I just wanted to clear up something about the trans cases. They are done by hand, and not by a cnc. All cases will be assembled and tested before realease.
As far as all the negative comments, its kind of a downer to visit a message board and see all this mud slinging. Please, lets keep positive and upbeat. People participte in this hobby because it is fun and a great hobby. There is absolutely nothing good that can come from all these negative remarks. So lets all act like grown ups here.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Im sorry if any of the comments I made sounded negative. What I meant to higlight was that these drivers that did well at the State race where expected too because that is their home track. I have personally dirven the Demon chassis and I liked it. I hope it goes well for Victor and I hope the conversion becomes as popular as the Mission chassis is ( wich I have one). I personaly know Victor and he is one of the nicest persons around, I really believe that he has a good product on his hands.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Warpspeed Demon and Mission chassis' handled great today at our club's first points race. The Warpspeed Mission took the win in Expert Mod TC and missed TQ by .02 seconds. The Demon, driven by "Linger", ran in stock today and handled great, only problem was the car's motor wasn't quite up to the challenge. Other than that the chassis' were running great. I'll try to see if I can get him to post his setup on here.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

My initial testing with the Warpspeed today was positive. The car is definitely balanced side to side. I barely had to make any tweak adjustments after building it. Handling:the car was planted and very stable. I need to work more on the setup. It rolled more than I'd like and didn't turn in as quickly as my stock TC3, however, I was running a tight front diff as opposed to the one-way I run on my other car. My car's not quite there yet but with more time spent on setup I think it will be a top competitor. I will be doing some more experimenting with my setup on Sunday and trying the car with a one-way. I'll post more info tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.