R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #361
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Vic, on the blueprinted diff cases, do you hand-dremel the bearing slots or do you use some other method? Sure saves a lot of time and effort to buy them though
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Old 05-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sunday Sunday Sunday

When does football season start?! How did you guys do Yesterday? Anyone having success with our car on carpet with foams. I need a good starting setup. We race alot of asphault and I want to try carpet with foam.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:31 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Muffin, try that setup i gave to Harley on the previous page, he said it was dialed.
USVTA Member #211

Old 05-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #364
Tech Regular

Default Diff Cases

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom5B
Vic, on the blueprinted diff cases, do you hand-dremel the bearing slots or do you use some other method? Sure saves a lot of time and effort to buy them though
We do use a special method to do the diff cases and we use dremel too. The unique thing is we line board the out drive bearing support, so the out drive will be perfectly straight and smooth.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:46 PM   #365
Tech Elite

Default Re: Diff Cases

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Warpspeed
We do use a special method to do the diff cases and we use dremel too. The unique thing is we line board the out drive bearing support, so the out drive will be perfectly straight and smooth.
SWEET
USVTA Member #211

Old 05-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Cool sunday in the park

well went racing sunday and qualified well 2nd in the A. and guess who was in 1st...........DOTMAN... ( damn you dotman... damn you to ..... ) any how we were lined up and the tone went off and thats the last I saw of the dotman. but wait I did see him once more WHEN HE LAPPED ME > Man I did something I never do before the main I changed gearing and tire compound. had no punch and was on ice. oh well next time we race dotman your azz is mine

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
Old 05-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #367
Tech Adept

Art where are you going to race carpet w/foams?(I already posted my snowbird setup a few pages ago)

How come you didn't come out to joes yesterday?

Vic are you coming out this sunday? Fenstermacher came out yesterday and is going to come out next sunday (he asked me to ask you to bring his two stock motors for him)

I did great this weekend.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:14 AM   #368
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Hey Dotman:

I hear you did well on RACE DAY! Tell us about your race.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #369
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Hey Steven:

I will be at Joe's this sunday. Couln't make it last sunday, it was
Mother's Day. Tell Fenstermacher I will see him then.
Tell us about your race!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mr Warpspeed - I screwed around with a motor that was really fast and screwed it up, but even though the car was slow out of the turns and lacked a little top end, the car handled so well I was still able to pull off the win. Your diff cases have made a big difference in my drive train for sure too. Thanks

Howard - I was looking forward to a good battle with you Sunday. What were you thinking changing tires before a Main (Rookie ) ). Well...if I can make Escondido on Saturday, you'll have another shot at me.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #371
Tech Adept

Oh yeah.

I raced prostock and 19 turn truck series.
In stock I was TQ so I got a good jump and never really looked back and nobody got even close to battle for the lead.Boring!

It was pretty much the same thing in 19 except for, I think I mixed my pinions up on my bench and I overgeared it so I had no motor at all. But beside that my car was great. I would pull away from second on the infield but he would catch up and pass me every time we got on the straight, so one time intering the infield I guess he couldn't handle the pressure of me following him, got stuck on a pipe and I had about a half lap lead. But motor just kept going slower and slower til he caught up to me. There was only about 30 sec left and then he hit another pipe. So I got a good 20ft lead on the last lap and he was my buddy so I stoped right before the finish line til he came around. Then I started to go but he just SMASHED into the side of my car, full speed. It broke my batt. into 4 parts and it was also up under my drive shaft, on my speed contol. So he went across the finish line first, it was fun though!( NOT FIXING IT!)
Old 05-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #372
Tech Adept

hey guys, havent been around lately, is anyone out there running the warpspeed mission, i would like to here about that, i own one myself. i got a chance to install my diff cases i received a while back from warpspeed racing, it really freed up the car and i love the heli coils.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:20 PM   #373
Tech Adept

steven, thats some bad luck...huh.......maybe that taught you a lesson, dont wait for competitor, just win the race....lol.....

all you guys who are running the demon, what rack are you using? and why?

in never run stock before, i am trying it this week, i would like to know what gear ratio you are running?spur gear and pinion?
64/48?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #374
Tech Elite

Vic you mentioned a while back that you were coming out with titanium driveline parts and screws...any more on that?
USVTA Member #211

Old 05-13-2003, 02:26 PM   #375
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom5B
Vic you mentioned a while back that you were coming out with titanium driveline parts and screws...any more on that?
We were going to, but too many companies are making them. This is something I have looked into and found out that this is something that I don't want to do.
Closed Thread