R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:33 PM   #256
Tech Master

stephen: I use the losi blocks to keep it consistent when changing to the 1/2 or 1 degree blocks. I think it is easier if I dont have to go back and forth from assoc. to losi blocks. The NAts in NC!!!

HArley: your exactly right. I use the losi blocks to adjust my outside toe-in. In some tracks I need more steering but maintain some of the traction so I take out some toe-in on the outside. This way the wheel base of the car remains as short as possible.

Fhubbard: I only change the ball stud from a long ball to a short ball. I also play with using the ball on the inside or outside to make the link shor or really long..
Old 04-20-2003, 11:28 PM   #257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rangulo
stephen: I use the losi blocks to keep it consistent when changing to the 1/2 or 1 degree blocks. I think it is easier if I dont have to go back and forth from assoc. to losi blocks. The NAts in NC!!!

HArley: your exactly right. I use the losi blocks to adjust my outside toe-in. In some tracks I need more steering but maintain some of the traction so I take out some toe-in on the outside. This way the wheel base of the car remains as short as possible.

Fhubbard: I only change the ball stud from a long ball to a short ball. I also play with using the ball on the inside or outside to make the link shor or really long..
I don't think I asked a question, but rather answered one. But thanks for sharing....I think
Old 04-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #258
Tech Regular

R/C car handling an introduction to dynamics

http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/
Old 04-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #259
Tech Adept

rungulo what gear do you think is the most appropriate 64 or 48 pitch.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:33 PM   #260
Tech Adept

has anyone ever experienced with the antisquat .
Old 04-22-2003, 12:37 AM   #261
Tech Master

I like to run 64 pitch on carpet and clean smooth asphalt. I run 48p on very loose gravely pavement.

I only use anti squat when I want more on power traction. My demon has a slight push on power on my home track when I use the anti squat.

Last edited by rangulo; 04-22-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #262
Tech Adept

Wow. that site was very helpful

Thanks Vick.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:37 AM   #263
Tech Adept

I've it tuned to perfection for my track.
I'm very difficult to catch.
The car has incredible front and rear grip. I took away a some caster to improve getting out of turns.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:17 PM   #264
Tech Adept

dotman, you posted this on the tc3 forum, but you never got back to it.

DOTMAN
Hacker

Pasadena, CA

68 Posts since Nov 2002

04-14-2003 at 06:19 PM Report | IP: Logged
High, Guys. I have the Warpspeed chassis conversion on one car and a stock chassis with the slots cut closer to the centerline on another. I just got a good test of the Warpspeed chassis yesterday and I have to say that it does feel a little more stable than stock. Acceleration felt about the same. It didn't corner quite as well with the diff as the stock with a one-way. I was very competitve though with the other cars on the track. I can't say yet that it's better or worse than my other car. I still get around the track better with it, but I've been driving it for two years. This weekend I'm going to set the two cars the same and compare. Keep you posted

i would like to know your answer. i have the tc3 and the warpspeed demon too. i like the warpspeed demon better.
how about you?
Old 04-24-2003, 08:41 PM   #265
Tech Regular

rangulo dude whats up its little bobby. I just wanted to know if with the warpspeed chassis the car felt like it responded a lot better when being agressive? also do u have a website where i can purchase this chassis?

by the way when r u going to come up to fernandos again we got an indoor asphalt track now and getting a nice out door track put in should be sweeeet!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:48 AM   #266
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Unhappy

Harley - I changed my setup from the one I got from you to the one I run on the stock TC3 to compare and it was no comparison. The same setup just didn't feel good on the Warpspeed . . Your setup with stock front shock tower felt a lot better. I just rebuilt the Warpspeed and added the NTC3 rack and Losi Steering knuckles and rear hubs. I'm going to try Stephen Baker's setup this weekend to see how that works for me. So far stock is still better. My Warpspeed car is definitely good, it's just that my other TC3 is awesome.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #267
Tech Adept

The only thing I did do since then was put on Losi steering knuckles and a front swa-bar.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:29 PM   #268
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

DZ2COOL: shoes are done 5.00 for each one free shipping they weigh lighter than the stock stock weigh 1.5 gram mine weigh 1.43

WooHoo check them out on his website guys... CNR
Old 04-25-2003, 07:48 PM   #269
Tech Regular

Swen:

What shoes are you talking about?

Dotman:

No, you can not use the same set up from the Associated on the Demon because the geometry is different on the Demon. Some of the guys who race for me like Steven Baker and Art Jensen,
have posted set ups that work very well. For tires they are
using the takeoff 27, and they use tire traction compound.
I hope this helps you.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 PM   #270
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Harley - I changed my setup from the one I got from you to the one I run on the stock TC3 to compare and it was no comparison. The same setup just didn't feel good on the Warpspeed . . Your setup with stock front shock tower felt a lot better. I just rebuilt the Warpspeed and added the NTC3 rack and Losi Steering knuckles and rear hubs. I'm going to try Stephen Baker's setup this weekend to see how that works for me. So far stock is still better. My Warpspeed car is definitely good, it's just that my other TC3 is awesome.
so dotman you are going to make the corona race. well I have only one thing to say......CATCH ME If ya can and no you still can't have my set up

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
Closed Thread