R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 09:49 PM   #136
Tech Addict

When I said "torque steer" I mean't how when you accelerate off the line with a TC3 your car never goes dead straight (compared to a belt drive car) when you are using a really powerful motor. This is to do with the motor positon eg the motor is mounted lengthwise as appossed to most belt cars which are mounted across the chassis.

Therefore it doesn't matter which chassis you are using eg Std, IRS or Warpspeed there will be no difference.

I have not driven a warpspeed car. I don't think it is a bad chassis at all. I just think that certain people exaggerate their thoughts about the car.

If you think about it a warpseed chassis is not much different to the Tamiya TB Evo series.

cya
Old 03-28-2003, 09:06 AM   #137
Tech Initiate

HEY bigdogracing, JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK 8TH IN THE E-MAIN LAST WEEKEND, YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR AGGRESSIONS OUT ON MY TYPING. SO THE REST OF THIS IS FOR YOU PAL.
The computer systems I work on all day require me to use all caps. I didn't realize that I would offend you and I am truly sorry. For whatever reason you want to apply, the Warpspeed Demon does have less tourque steer! GO DRIVE ONE!!!
Good Lord.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by KING1
HEY bigdogracing, JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK 8TH IN THE E-MAIN LAST WEEKEND, YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR AGGRESSIONS OUT ON MY TYPING. SO THE REST OF THIS IS FOR YOU PAL.
The computer systems I work on all day require me to use all caps. I didn't realize that I would offend you and I am truly sorry. For whatever reason you want to apply, the Warpspeed Demon does have less tourque steer! GO DRIVE ONE!!!
Good Lord.
I don't think you were offensive. I will assume that you work with some flavor of Unix (that is if you are using HyperTerminal or some type of terminal emulation app), which would require the use of caps. It's just that caps in our world means your are shouting. I was actually also going to hip you to this but obviously there's no need to now.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:13 AM   #139
Tech Initiate

Thanks Fred. I see what you are getting at.
Sorry everybody.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:19 AM   #140
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
HEY bigdogracing, JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK 8TH IN THE E-MAIN LAST WEEKEND, YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR AGGRESSIONS OUT ON MY TYPING. SO THE REST OF THIS IS FOR YOU PAL
Hey King, no need for all that hate talk. It's cool- sorry for upsetting you so bad.

BTW- It wasn't 8th, it was 9th. And it wasn't the E-main, it was the A.... at the Snowbirds..
Old 03-29-2003, 09:39 AM   #141
Tech Initiate

Bigdog,

No hate, just a little friendly ribbing. Please understand, in my opinion we are all friends offering a little advice when we can. I tend to assume that others feel the same. I'll pour a cold tall one for ya.
A-main at snowbirds, nice. What were you driving?
Old 03-29-2003, 01:48 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Bigdog,

No hate, just a little friendly ribbing. Please understand, in my opinion we are all friends offering a little advice when we can. I tend to assume that others feel the same. I'll pour a cold tall one for ya.
A-main at snowbirds, nice. What were you driving?
gee now thats better!! can we go on and talk about the car now. it would be more interesting and if you are serving them up slide one down this way

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
Old 03-29-2003, 03:35 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Now you're talking I'll take that cold one.

I was shuffling a Mission with a Warpspeed chassis baaaabeeee. Unfortunately all I had was the 2mm chassis and I couldn't get the rear of the car loose enough to rotate the turns and run the laptimes that Timmy and Scotty were turning, but I was pretty close... 11.8s to 12.0s. I'm convinced a 3mm chassis would have given me more steering and better laptimes. I was also extremely overweight because I had to add like 3/4 of an ounce on the ESC side to balance the car. Fortunately Eric ANderson and Todd Putnam made up for the added weight with some wicked power. Even overweight and a little slower coming out I could stay with Scotty on the straights and through the sweeper. I hope to have the right parts and be on the pace next time...
Old 03-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #144
Tech Initiate

I gave the Mission a try with a little help from Larry Pryor. OK a lot of help. Larry is a great guy. I never got it to run like my old xxxs. I'm the kind of guy who will work with a car until I get it totally dialed and then try something new. This Demon is the fastest car I've driven, and I know there is still alot left in her.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #145
Tech Master

Default I ran it and won

I was running my local race here in FL. Tq hobbies was really fun to drive with the new warpspeed Demon. I ran the car with golds and a 50 40 oil set up. The car was hooked and fast. I put a smack down on all the TC3s, Shumachers and losi's....

We all ran stock and I was able to turn 3-4 tenths faster then the fastest guys... WOW

I did not have the most power but the car runs so smooth I could put it any where and it felt good there. I ran it with a oneway and diff. The car was fast but required diiferent lines dependent on the use of a diff or oneway..

I will run it on sunday to see if it runs well again....

Old 03-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Default Iam ready

ok now Iam ready got my new chassie and worked on it all day today. man is this car a piece of art or what? So I hope I will be posting next time with an A main win myself?? its virgin run will be at the HOBBY PEOPLE race tomarrow at fountain valley. I will post my set up after I run it. All my buddies out here in southern calif. will feel the fury of WARPSPEED!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2003, 08:03 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Default Re: Iam ready

congrats rangulo

Last edited by howard hudson; 04-20-2003 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #148
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigDogRacing
[B]The Demon is an upgrade kit for the TC3 correct? So you buy a FTTC3 and the add the Demon kit 280+190= $470 correct?

You can buy a complete car thru WARPSPEED for about $390.00.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

How does the Warspeed car come equipted? I mean is basically a factory team with all the warspeed stuff on it?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:27 AM   #150
Tech Elite

Default results for the first run

well guys the virgin run for the car was great. took the A all the way. Only one to do 15 laps!!!! the car had tons of off power steering but could not get the rear to fallow the front. so I stood up the rear shocks all the way up and that did it. Now the car was hooked up excelent on and off power steering and very responsive. Funny thing tho I have never seen a warpspeed car here in southern cali before and at this race there was three.

A big THANKS !!! to vic for this chassie!!!

Closed Thread