Wiki Posts
Search

Thief's at the Races

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Thief's at the Races

This is one thing that is getting a little rediculous at the races. Someone had their wallet stolen at the Novak race, Josh Cyrul has his Ipod stolen at the Snowbirds and Mr. Terutaka Hanaumi from Xenon racing had his backpack (with wallet) stolen at the Snowbirds as well....Good thing his Passport wasnt in it!!

Nothing worse than a bunch of F'ing thief's!!!

EA
Old 02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow....I thought I saw him (Terutaka Hanaumi ) with it on Sunday after the mains...He sure seemed calm if he had it stolen before then.... That sucks...New rule any thief that gets caught at an RC race gets savagely beaten by all the 11th qualifiers so that they can vent their BQ frustrations!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This things happen anywhere anyway. Best thing to do is be watchful on your things during races all the time. But in some instances, there are tracks that you feel its safe you can leave you stuff lying around and its safe. Maybe thats how it is. This may only happen during big races where you dont know most of the people around you. What a shame.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

I think my bro put in tech for him as it was on the Losi table... but the IPOD was taken and also one from Brent I heard. This sucks!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

I normally dont wear my watch while wrenching on my cars or while I'm racing... I don't want to scratch it or really get it dirty so I keep it on my light stand facing up so I can see the time easily. Long story short I got it stolen about a month ago while I was running my main...
Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geetoo
But in some instances, there are tracks that you feel its safe you can leave you stuff lying around and its safe. Maybe thats how it is. This may only happen during big races where you dont know most of the people around you. What a shame.

Well I thought my home track was pretty safe... guess not... goes to show you that you can't really trust anyone around the track.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I only had one thing stolen in 20 years of racing. I was running my race and marshalled and when I came back my Maxmod tire machine was gone. Man I was freaking pi$$ed off.

It is ashame that people have to do that.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Wow....I thought I saw him (Terutaka Hanaumi ) with it on Sunday after the mains...He sure seemed calm if he had it stolen before then.... That sucks...New rule any thief that gets caught at an RC race gets savagely beaten by all the 11th qualifiers so that they can vent their BQ frustrations!!!

In addition to that, have them tied up and put in the end of a straightaway. Next get every driver ready with their car ready to take a hit with a rc car with a mod motor in the car. So the car can get some good speed to cause a little pain to the theif for causing the people they steal from the pain of trying to recover from such terror. Punishment by r/c car.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

You guys have good points and its stupid for this to happen. I hate a thief as bad as anything. Maybe we need to push for this topic to be addressed in our local and even large event races just as we usually address the turn marshall duties. I can promise that if we all will be a little more aware of our stuff and of those around us we will catch some of these morons. I know my local boys would be more than happy to take a thief outside and have a personal discussion to "enlighten" them.

Brant
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow! Im not leaving my stuff at the local track anymore! There's even a bunch of cameras watching every section of the pits.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Nothing worse than a bunch of F'ing thief's!!!

EA
Does this mean fellow RACERS are thieving or can anyone go thru to the pits?

I would hate to think it was other racers but I guess you get thieves in all aspects of life.

Luckily it has never happened at an event I have attended over here. (Touchwood )
Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

how about racers passes??? only allow racers in the pits and make the spectators pay a ridiclous amont of money to see all this new high tech machinery
Old 02-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah people who steal at the track are really a bummer, I have lost some tools that way.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had a cell phone stolen a few years ago at a race. Then they had the nerver to call my then gf and prank her. It was some punk kid and luckily my provider replaced it.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I have had many things stolen from me over the years. Nothing in rc yet and I hope I never do.
Most thieves will steal only when opportunity is clear and present. That is, if it’s easy to steal it, its only a matter of time before its gone. Stealing is a very cowardly thing to do, so they don’t want to get caught doing it.
The key thing is theft prevention is to make it hard for anything to get pinched. When I go to race a heat and there is nobody there to look after my gear I always zip things up, close lids etc. “out of sight out of mind.”
As unsociable as it sounds, I tend not to hang out in the pit areas. I will setup shop on the side of the track with my own table etc. when I am on the driver’s stand I can see if anybody goes near it.
Our toys are bloody expensive. It would certainly ruin it for me if I was to have things stolen.

My$0.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.