Quick question RE: radio equipment >

Quick question RE: radio equipment

Quick question RE: radio equipment

Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Quick question RE: radio equipment

Hi,

I'm just coming back to the hobby after an 8 year exodus. I've got a load of kit from my dad's house and lumped together a kit. The problem is I can't get the bloody thing to move.

I think it's a problem with my radio gear. I'm using a "hitec flash 4" 40Mhz FM transmitter (I'm UK) and a Futaba 40mhz PCM receiver.

Do PCM recievers work with FM transmitters or do I need a standard 40Mhz FM receiver?

Any help would be much appreciated as I haven't a clue (when I used to race my dad would pit for me!)
Old 02-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You would need a radio that does pcm. The modulation is a little different. The idea behind PCM is if someone else turned on their radio usuing your freq you could set a failsafe. If you are getting back in you might be better off finding a cheap FM radio.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
You would need a radio that does pcm. The modulation is a little different. The idea behind PCM is if someone else turned on their radio usuing your freq you could set a failsafe. If you are getting back in you might be better off finding a cheap FM radio.
Thanks. You've just saved me many puzzled hours!!!