R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2003, 03:38 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom5B
Can we get it here in the US????? Me wants!!!
Dont know, I'm a european guy... Go to this link, and you can e-mail Robitronic. Robitronic e-mail:

But I do know, it can measure temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 03-19-2003 at 04:07 AM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:11 AM   #17
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F
Default Re: New Robitronic charger

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Just got the same E-mail from Robitronic too. Interesting specs, but I wonder about finding them in the USA.

I was just thinking that this Charger would be REALLY great for spec classes that limit battery capacity.
I sent an email to Robert at Robitronics and he said that its not available in the US. The cost of the charger is 157 EUR ( about $167 US), shipping he's checking on.

So would this be a better or equal charger to the Pulsar LRP?
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:24 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: New Robitronic charger

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike F
I sent an email to Robert at Robitronics and he said that its not available in the US. The cost of the charger is 157 EUR ( about $167 US), shipping he's checking on.

So would this be a better or equal charger to the Pulsar LRP?
They are hard to compare. Around here (Denmark, Europe), the Robitronic are around 40% cheaper.

The Pulsar got the discharger function with average voltage measurement. I dont count the motor run-in feature, since an old 3-cell pack will do the same.

On the other hand the Expert got temp measurements, 10 profiles and the phase charge method. The profiles are convienient, while using packs of different types and capacity.

So persoanlly, I will go for the Robitronic. In addition, I maybe get the CS Cap Check Pro discharger. This discharger can produce discharge curves and it discharges at 20 amps (the Pulsar discharge at 10 amps). The Cap Check Pro + the Expert will be around 25% more than the Pulsar in itself. And as a bonus, then I can charge and discharge at the same time....
Old 03-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Default New Robitronic charger

Guys;

What about the Profiles on the Orion Charger. Anyone have an Idea?
I really like the Phase charging profile of the Robi and it says 'Robitronic' on the case. (Cool Factor)

Thanks,
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Robitronic charger

Quote:
Guys;

What about the Profiles on the Orion Charger. Anyone have an Idea?
I really like the Phase charging profile of the Robi and it says 'Robitronic' on the case. (Cool Factor)

Thanks,
If we're talking about that Orion, which are the same as Robitronic Pro2000+, it aint got selectable profiles.

Talking about cool factor, check this one - it can be turned of from your TX !

Old 03-20-2003, 01:41 AM   #21
Tech Addict

where can I buy that CS Cap Check Pro discharger. It is available in U.S ?
dyaz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 05:05 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Probably avaible via Schumacher US. To view the graphs, it require PC connection. You can read more about it here: CS Cap Check Pro
Old 03-21-2003, 04:44 AM   #23
Tech Elite

I've just noticed, that CS got an online shop: http://www.cs-electronic.com/shop/csshope/webshope.php
Old 03-21-2003, 08:58 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Talking New charger for me

Well Guys;

I just bought a new LRP Pulsar charger today. Really, I bought it cause it caught my eye and I like the 8 amp Max charge rate. I will use it at the track instead of my old faithful Integy 16-2 pro. Will give it the first tests tomorrow during Nitro pack charging.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:22 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Default Re: New charger for me

Quote:
Well Guys;

I just bought a new LRP Pulsar charger today. Really, I bought it cause it caught my eye and I like the 8 amp Max charge rate. I will use it at the track instead of my old faithful Integy 16-2 pro. Will give it the first tests tomorrow during Nitro pack charging.
Hey Popsrace, I would like to hear what you think about it. Even though I tend to get the Robitronic later on, the Pulsar tempts me.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Default Chargers: Robitronic vs LRP Pulsar

LRP Pulsar:

Pros;
Charges up to 8 amps, plenty of info on Display when charging, Backlit Display, Rock steady amp rate when charging (DVOM verified) avoids false peaks, VERY quiet, VERY cool. New Lifetime Warranty, Motor Break-in Feature.

Cons;
(Minor Gripes) No "Back" button. You must go through an entire menu again to change parameters. DC only.
(Major Gripes) You can ONLY discharge at 10 amps. I like adjustable discharge for small receiver packs and it is too low for full size 6 cell packs. 0 to 20 amps would be better. Alarm buzzer is too quiet.

Comparisons with my other chargers;

Integy 16-2 Pro:

Pros;
Compact size, AC/DC power, Fully adjustable Charge rate. Digital Display. Steady amp rate when charging (DVOM verified). Removable Power cords. Max charge rate 7 amps. VERY simple to set-up.

Cons;
Will not Charge/Discharge less than 4 cell packs. Discharge is set at 4 amps. Discharge brings cells down lower than 0.9 V-cell. Fan runs continuously when Powered up. Charge threshold is not adjustable.

Reedy Quasar Pro:

Pros;
EVERYTHING is adjustable, can Charge/Discharge 1-8 cells, Discharge is Adjustable 0-20 amps, Adjustable Threshold, Back button makes set-up changes very easy. Max charge rate 6.5 amps, AC/DC Power.

Cons;
Large in Size, Amp rate oscillates (DVOM verified) causing false peaks. Fans make ALOT of noise running, Buzzer is VERY noisy and not adjustable.

Last edited by popsracer; 03-23-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:59 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Default New Robitronic charger

Guys;

When one of you gets this NEW Robitronic charger, let us know how it works and about it's features.

Thanks,
Old 03-24-2003, 12:04 AM   #28
Tech Master

To all,

I'm waiting for mine.
I know it's underway, so it should arive any day now.
I'll keep you posted on my impressions.

Pizza
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:50 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Thanks Popsracer. What do you think of the flex-charge feature? Have you tried it on some of your older packs? What about punch and runtimes, are there any differences compared to your previous chargers?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #30
Tech Initiate

Default Flex charging

There are some who claims that flex charging is snake oil from this write up while another reports that flex charging actually works! There is even a featured flex charger by Maha that claims batteries doesn't need conditioning anymore.

I wonder what is the real effect of flex charging. Curiously, the LRP Pulsar has flex charging feature, but the manufacturer recommends flex charging only for certain cells.

Any comments or experience?
alyee is offline   Reply With Quote