Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what kind of air brushdo you all use to get those bad ass paint jobs???????????? >

what kind of air brushdo you all use to get those bad ass paint jobs????????????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what kind of air brushdo you all use to get those bad ass paint jobs????????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

i am wanting to get an airbrush but i don't know which to get i don't want to make a bad wasteful mistake cause i see they arn't that cheep..thats why i just want to make one purchace and 1 only. so i am asking which airbrush is the best. even for all around airbrush painting walls,t shirts,rc bodies,ect.thanks,chris
Old 11-18-2001, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, it really depends on what you are going to do with it mostly. If you are going to do mostly bodies, go with something like a Badger 150 or 360, or an Iwata HP-SB. For Illustration I use a Iwata CM. For T-shirts, there are different requirements as well. Go to www.dixieart.com and look around there. They have a lot of good information and great prices. You can also check out the forum on www.airbrush.com.
Old 11-18-2001, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default reply

what do youthink about the testors aztek airbrush, is this any good i was looking at one at my local hobby shop.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I use the Aztec brush and It's a pretty good brush. I don't have pic of some of the paint jobs that I paint but hey....I'm still getting a feel for the whole painting deal and if I were to get laughed at I may never paint again...LOL
Old 11-19-2001, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

While I personally don't like the Azteks, they are supposedly very easy to use and clean. The reason I don't like them is because I have been airbrushing for so long and using standard airbrushes that the Aztek feels strange in my hand since it isn't shaped like the brushes I'm used to. But as I said, that has nothing to do with the performance. It's just my preference.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:20 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have just bought a new toy, the Aztek 470 airbrush. Haven't done any shells yet cause I'm still getting use to it. I'm lazy... so the easy-to-clean and throw-away cheap nozzles really appeal to me!!
Old 11-19-2001, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Iwata HP-CS. Gravity fed. Works awesome for bodies, and sprays almost wide enough to cover areas large enought for r/c bodies.