Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Battery Peak Detection System..... >

Battery Peak Detection System.....

Battery Peak Detection System.....

Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Battery Peak Detection System.....

Well these days manufacturers are coming out with newer chargers that is feature packed.....

Well newer generation batteries are so sensitive that a good peak detection system is needed to prevent cells damage....

My question is why some charger have adjustable voltage threshold while others dont???? Some even have this so called "Zero Delta V".....
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone care to explain???
Old 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not the expert on this but newer generation cells 4200's like to peak around 3-4mv per cell, while older ones 3300's were around 5mv per cell and the NiCads which are now almost non existant in out hobby were around 8mv per cell.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think you got my question wrong.......I'm not askin how to charge or set voltage threshold on a charger......

I'm askin about the system of peak-detection.........some chargers have adjustable voltage threshold while others dont but they still manage to charge batteries safely......

Some chargers even have a system called "Zero Delta V".........so which type of system is the best to detect peak in batteries???
Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

depends on what batteries you're using. all chargers have a voltage cutoff, some are adjustable and some aren't. the chargers without the adjustable cutoff have the voltage cutoff set at the factory by way of the specified charging parameters engineered into the electronics of the charger. if you're using newer cells, it's a good idea to get a charger with and adjustable cutoff. also, if you're like me and have some ancient cells, the adjustable cutoff us usefull to be sure you get enough juice on those old nicd 1700's . hope that answered your question.