Community
Wiki Posts
Search

keeping up with the Jones'

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some sponsored racers have full time jobs as well as racing.
When my son was 11 years old I could have gott'n him a 50%.
What was I thinking, I can barely afford a Hot Wheel, Let alone a bodygaurd.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
LMAO.. what an absolue waste of time....Way to change your response to serve your original comment.. You talk about the worlds and then you use Reedy results.... Sure you aren't a lawyer? LMAO!!
As for having people bow down to me....RC is a hobby for me not a job. I don't need people nor do I want people to bow down to me. Perhaps you view it as such because I happen to have an opinion just like you do. Except that you can say whatever you wan't and what I say is wrong because I am sponsored by Xray. This is a pointless topic and it is not only a dead horse it has already been to the glue factory more than once.

Have fun with your minis......

Sincerely,

Smug Xray Driver

P.S. Don't forget to bow....
ALL HAIL LORD BUTTERITICUS
Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
So racing isn't all driver...hmmmm...so when a good driver racing an old TC3 beats a mediocre driver in the newest Xray T2'Bond edition...then that means the TC3 is a better chassis???? No. It's 99.9999999% driver. Chassis little to no difference to a Pro and even less to a novice.

You are using out of these world examples just for the sake of winning a r/c arguement.
From your previous examples like the reedy invitationals or the worlds there is no doubt that equipment does matter because the drivers are so close talent wise. A good example would be Paul L. since his name was brought up already. He showed up to the reedy race one year with a prototype that they didn't have a chance to test and he finished close to the bottom that year and I think everyone will agree that Paul is one the more talented drivers in the world to finish that low.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Lord

The TC3 is still a good competitive car.
Now douht a driver will easily kick the crap out of any mediocker driver.
But what happens when mediocker becomes the guy driving the TC3?
Does he go out and buy a TC3?
Differant kits are better in quality. Thats all.
New roar rule: All sponsered drivers are now required to drive Traxxis.
Would they win? It would be interesting to see.
I'm taking a TC5 for a test drive after running Xray sense EVO2.
A VW wagon will Get you from A to B, same As A Ferrrari.
Xray is the ferrari. Fact.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
You are using out of these world examples just for the sake of winning a r/c arguement.
From your previous examples like the ready invitationals or the worlds there is no doubt that equipment does matter because the drivers are so close talent wise. A good example would be Paul L. since his name was brought up already. He showed up to the ready race one year with a prototype that they didn't have a chance to test and he finished close to the bottom that year and I think everyone will agree that Paul is one the more talented drivers in the world to finish that low.
The examples aren't out of this world...they are real every day situations you seen in club races. FYI for everyone...Pro Sponsored folks aren't the only ones racing. Ok, so he finished near the bottom while driving an untested chassis...how exactly does that have anything to do with any of this? There's the possibility that he would have finished in the same spot with his current setup. You can't predict what would have happened or simply blame it on equipment...that's a cop out. I'm sorry if you believe a chassis makes all the difference in the world. The difference is minimal. If you believe Paul Lemieux only wins because of a proven chassis...then you are giving no credit to his driving skill. If you think it's as much chassis design as it is his driving skill...you're still not giving him the credit he deserves. Get real folks, if you think buying that new chassis will make you a better driver then you're out of your mind. New gear doesn't increase skill...only time behind the wheel.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Corally vs. Xray same blue prints. Different manufacturers.
Which would you buy? At the same price.

Xray vs. Traxxis same blue prints. Different manufacturers.

Personal driveing, as if there were no sponsored drivers.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
The TC3 is still a good competitive car.
Now douht a driver will easily kick the crap out of any mediocker driver.
But what happens when mediocker becomes the guy driving the TC3?
Does he go out and buy a TC3?
Differant kits are better in quality. Thats all.
New roar rule: All sponsered drivers are now required to drive Traxxis.
Would they win? It would be interesting to see.
I'm taking a TC5 for a test drive after running Xray sense EVO2.
A VW wagon will Get you from A to B, same As A Ferrrari.
Xray is the ferrari. Fact.
Let's try that actually...I have a Traxxas 4-tec sitting around somewhere. I'll let say..Erock set it up and I'll borrow someone's Xray (if they don't mind seeing me drive it) and I'll bet you....he beats me and not by a small margin either.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Lord

And when you become as skilled as Erock will you buy a traxxis because hes winning with it?
After all he did put the hammer down with a TA05 the other night.
There is a difference in Kits. And it will be interesting to see.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

And when you become as skilled as Erock will you buy a traxxis because hes winning with it?
After all he did put the hammer down with a TA05 the other night.
There is a difference in Kits. And it will be interesting to see.
I only WISH I could become as skilled and why buy a Traxxis...I already have one...
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Why Are you buying a TA05?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The examples aren't out of this world...they are real every day situations you seen in club races. FYI for everyone...Pro Sponsored folks aren't the only ones racing. Ok, so he finished near the bottom while driving an untested chassis...how exactly does that have anything to do with any of this? There's the possibility that he would have finished in the same spot with his current setup. You can't predict what would have happened or simply blame it on equipment...that's a cop out. I'm sorry if you believe a chassis makes all the difference in the world. The difference is minimal. If you believe Paul Lemieux only wins because of a proven chassis...then you are giving no credit to his driving skill. If you think it's as much chassis design as it is his driving skill...you're still not giving him the credit he deserves. Get real folks, if you think buying that new chassis will make you a better driver then you're out of your mind. New gear doesn't increase skill...only time behind the wheel.

You seem to only focus on x-rays wins in regards to the drivers. I was just pointing out that winning races is not just about the driver but its about the driver and equipment. I agree that nothing replaces practice and thats a given. Trust me I do respect paul l. thats why I used him as an example that you still need competitive proven equipment to help maximize your talent.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why Are you buying a TA05?
Bought one...and I did because it's affordable and competitive and I wanted to build a kit too AND I needed something that would accept LiPos.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
You seem to only focus on x-rays wins in regards to the drivers. I was just pointing out that winning races is not just about the driver but its about the driver and equipment. I agree that nothing replaces practice and thats a given. Trust me I do respect paul l. thats why I used him as an example that you still need competitive proven equipment to help maximize your talent.
True enough...but just about every chassis is competitive. When all the chassis are roughly the same then it's all about the driver. Most chassis are using the same technologies, same materials and everything. They are all copies of each other. Now electronics, motors, batteries and tires have more to do with increased lap times then the chassis does when you get into the high-end ultra expensive chassis. Still, ability has more to do with it then anything else. I know you weren't bashing Paul L. he drives to well not to give him props.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

So racing isn't all driver...hmmmm...so when a good driver racing an old TC3 beats a mediocre driver in the newest Xray T2'Bond edition...then that means the TC3 is a better chassis???? No. It's 99.9999999% driver. Chassis little to no difference to a Pro and even less to a novice.
That is quite possibly the stupidest argument I've ever heard. A good driver will always beat a crap driver, no matter who drives what. But you give two equal drivers an 007 and a TC3 and the 007 is going to win (all other things being equal). The 007 is a more advanced car. Thats why its been released. Technology and innovation has advanced overed the years. If the TC3 was so good, AE wouldnt have released the TC4 would they.

And I'm not an xray driver before you start. I actually regularly wind up xray drivers about my Cyclone being better
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Corally vs. Xray same blue prints. Different manufacturers.

Xray vs. Traxxis same blue prints. Different manufacturers.

Personal driveing, as if there were no sponsored drivers.

Are you sure you are posting in the right thread?

You seem to be having your own personal conversation.

I dont see anyone responding? Whats up with Traxxis?

Did you get attacked by a group of TRX-1s as a child?

Not that this thread had anything to do with ANY 1 manufacturer...

But your out of left field ramblings are weirding me out??

You ok?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.