Wiki Posts
Search

2003 ROAR ON-ROAD @ NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Neil,

If you go, wanna split a room? I'm thinking about it but it's so close to the Reedy Race and TCS Race. But damn, it looks like something I can't miss
Old 03-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MDawson
Hi Neil-

It looks like it.

April, May and June are going to be some busy months.

Steve Wang and I are attending. You making the trip as well?
No, I was planning it, but decided that the costs involved would be to high. I will be attending the NORRCA Nats at Speedworld.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey Neil,

If you go, wanna split a room? I'm thinking about it but it's so close to the Reedy Race and TCS Race. But damn, it looks like something I can't miss
We can carpool to the NORRCA Nats, and no I want my own room. Can't imagine sharing a room with you after a long drive.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
No, I was planning it, but decided that the costs involved would be to high. I will be attending the NORRCA Nats at Speedworld.
The Norrca racing should be good but it is a little close to REEDY.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Water doesnt sound too good. See you guys at the Norrca Nats at Speedworld.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay guys this is Jimmy Mac. A friend of Dave W and Ortiz on here. Also a friend of track owner Don. Pit spaces reserved (that cost money) are for Factory Teams. There are plenty of other pit spaces for racers that are not sponsored.

As for water, get off the kick. It only happens on cold days and rainy days. The track is not wet when you are racing during the summer time. It's just something that happens when you have condensation build up in the morning and its all on just one side of the track (lowest side.)

Track layouts are always changed. Infact it was just changed about 2 weeks ago. Accordding to Don and Roar, you cannot use a track layout that has been run before. So Don will have a new layout for the Nationals. This is suppose to make things fair for everyone.

Straight is 213 foot. Other half of track is technical. So it's up to the racer to decide to make his time down the straight... or make it up in the turns. Monster Stocks work real good here during Stock Club Races!

Anyways, the track is fairly new. Almost a year old. Don has put alot of hard work into it. And he tries to work with everyone on any problems that may arrise. Trust me, he wants things to work out! He has been researching alot with other PRO drivers, sponsors, and past tracks that have hosted ROAR races. He even went out to the Cleveland race to get up and personal with racers about what they like and want for this race. So work with us here. We are trying our best to make this a good race!

Any questions just ask. I'll try to get Don on this forum. Thanks again...

Jimmy Mac
Team Mindblown
Old 03-18-2003, 12:13 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Looks like a first-class facility to me.

True enough about the wetness on the track. I don't think they can control nature any better than the rest of us can...
Old 03-18-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default To YLLIB:

Who did you get your bad about the track info from?
I finally got registered so I could respond to the comments made about the facility. Others replied for me so if you have any other questions please email at [email protected].
General pit tables are availiable. The Team Reserved area just allows them to be sure they (or anyone else) can be sure to set up together. This may be a new concept for you but has been done to my knowledge since 1977 when I did my first ROAR event.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don Hill,
Nothing was said badly about your program or track, they were questions that need to be asked and answered if they are true and asked by a racer.
I did not bring up the charging for pits.
Mr. Anderson spoke with you for some time off and on two weekends ago about the race. He was the older gentleman that came in your store. Trust me, if he is lying about what you told him, I would be very surprised. But they are just question and all tracks receive comments and questions before a big race. Sorry for any trouble if that what you feel, but I did say from the beginning just questions and not slamming your facility. But I did e-mail you 3 times with no response over a two-month period.
I can say, you had to at least receive 1 of those e-mails. The way it does all sound his Mr. Anderson is least 100% right on his comments from you. Thanks to your locals racers for answering some of those questions for you. They were all very nice and polite Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-18-2003 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default To YLLIB:

Please send test email to verify. I do not remember one from you.
Thanks,
Old 03-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Jimmy... and Don, for comin on here to clarify a few things. I hope like heck i can come your way for the event... the facility looks awesome! Jimmy... i e-mailed you back... but you already posted on here! LOL Ill talk to ya soon man....
- Dave
Old 03-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i just wanted to comment that i live in seattle, so there is no little puddle that will stop me from racing

but by the way the facility looks top notch, and i was just wondering what kind of race times the various classes of cars turn on your massive layout?

peter
Old 03-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Stocks 16-19, Mod's 21-23, Nitro 23-25 laps. Current configuration is 680'
The track length for the Nationals will be 700 to 720'.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think the track looks awesome. and i commend any track that tries to put a race on of this magnitude. it takes a lot of time and energy by everyone involved.................i'll make sure to bring my calender do my lap times "DAY TWO......no sign of Marc, but he may be around by this evening." and with a straight that long will you have food service or drinks on the driver's stand. jk. it looks awesome.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's kinda of funny.. becuase this track has everything.... .
Hobby shop
Go karts
arcade
skating rink
huge indoor jungle jim for small or any of you big kids
covered pit area
cafeteria that serves pizza, subs, icecream, and alot of other stuff
Skateboard Park
Bleachers
Loud sound system that plays Music and ofcourse for calling races.

So you can have plenty of things to do in between breaks.

Trust me you wont be dissapointed. We already have people from Washington and other far off places coming down all the time becuase they like the track so much. If they saw any problems, them and us(the locals) would give suggestions.

Don has been doing this for a long time (early 70's I believe) he is not gonna get a big race to be at his track and have a crappy facility or event.

Feel free to ask Jimmy, or Myself any questions we are probably the ones that have raced the most there(their are a couple of others but they havent found this forum yet)

Ortiz
Team Mindblown
www.thercspeedway.com - tracksite

Last edited by Ortiz; 03-18-2003 at 03:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.