Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini...... >

Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini......

Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini......

Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats up Matt! Still fast with the insluts!! Your still my hero!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

The drifter where using plastic pcv pipe as wheels too. Which just kills any traction you do have at the track.

Kinwald even told the guys that he would buy them yokomo drift tires to be nice.

and by the way Toso has always helped me or anyone else who has asked....
Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
drifting is about the stupidist thing i have ever seen, in any scale... and i had a friend get seriously injured in a vehicle accident here in washington bacuse some guy was "drifting" in his 80's nissan.

heres a hot tip... hondas and nissans are gay... in r/c and real life
and another... drifting is gay...
Are you 12?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

no peter just turned 13 and he wanted me to tell you that you are invited to his birthday party.. there will be a drift choo-choo train ice-cream cake too.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Ok here is one for the haters. Just today here at Snowbirds I witnessed Toso working very hard to help fix a new racer that was running in stock rubber. The kid got to the driver stand for his qual and something was wrong with his car, Toso moved fast to fix it for him so he could run. It looked like it was the kids first race and his dad was there with him. That's what this sport is all about! True story.
their needs to be more of that from the more experienced racers.even at club level.it would help the sport/hobbie grow.there are so many technicalities in this hobbie.and its so hard to start out from scratch not only setting the car up but now you have to set programs in the esc etc.
then their is the transmittor???
dual rate steering?
epa?
exponential?
ajustable rate control?
speed?
sub trim?
brake mix?
c-mix?

all these things to a beginner are hard to grasp single handed

the thing is though that most peaple dont want to give to much away
Old 02-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Help from the pros happens more then you think. I got help from Hodge two years in a row at IIC and he did not have to help me at all. First year I had made my own BK brackets for the new arms were not out yet and I wanted to do the set up with those mounts. I made a poor choice in material for said brackets and broke them. I was down to either only running one car or not running at all. Todd hooked me up with some of the new arms that were not even available to the general public yet. I am not a team driver nor am I sponsered, he just helped out.

Last year I ran into an issue of needing some parts for my JRXS that I did not have and neither did the shop setup at the track. I went and asked Todd if he had any and how much I owed him, he said here, no charge. He just wanted me to run and had plenty to spare.

They all can be nice guys and you just need to realize when to give them their space and not bother them. I believe that any of them would help out in a pinch as long as they don't have their own issues to deal with as well.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
no peter just turned 13 and he wanted me to tell you that you are invited to his birthday party.. there will be a drift choo-choo train ice-cream cake too.
I thought maybe he was this guy, except singing about drifting this time instead of the Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KB5WzzbmJg
Old 02-10-2007, 09:40 AM
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:heard toso is running a rip motorsports car in 6 cell mod. oval is this true?

True.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I thought maybe he was this guy, except singing about drifting this time instead of the Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KB5WzzbmJg
haha...i was just messing around..lol.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got to meet Toso at the 2006 200mm IFAMR worlds in Australia, and i must say, the guy is a credit to his sponsors. He is very professional, approachable, and has freakish ability! He was cleary the quickest guy from start to end, and despite losing a World Championship, through an error made by his pit crew, he was very humble, understanding, and gave us mere mortals a lesson in how to act when things dont go your way. An incident involving a drift car, at a local track, is hardly enough to tarnish the reputation of a champion, both on and off the track..
Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

true story on the helping the kid out part, blackstock was also helping...he is super too

no ones perfect....

he is laying it down in 6 cell mod...hopefully everything else too...we will have to see tomarrow
Old 02-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
are you sure it was on purpose?
He must have done it on purpouse as i've heard him say "I JUST DON'T MAKE MISTAKES!" In person!
So if he doesn't make mistakes, he must mean to do it!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Toso 2nd in Modified Touring at Snowbirds!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

very good race for toso in the mod sedan A-main and even in 19t bumping form the b and doing well in the A.. good showing for the debut with team brood and corally with the new phi.. good job toso!

other news travis schreven wins 19t at the birds. very impressive considering the feild he was racing.. this guy is a living, breathing wheel.. great job!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff, what happened to Travis at Novak? He didn't do well there at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.