Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini...... >

Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini......

Team br00d signs Chris Tosolini......

Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Guys we need to stop feeding the troll now. I guess I started it, but hey, we all know that drifters always have the right of way. Kinda like the handicapped.......
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM
  #32  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,720
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The fact is that SoCal is a RACE TRACK. Not a DRIFT track. I wasn't there so I don't know if what Chris did was intentional or not. If it was, it wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but neither is taking a drift car on one of the highest grip asphalt RACE tracks in the country. I'm all for people getting into RC what ever way they want to. But cars are made for specific applications and locations. Race tracks are not the place for drift cars. It's like taking a TMAXX to a carpet track.

Congrats to both Chris and Eddie.

I don't think Chris did it on purpose but you shouldn't blame a drifter for being in the track. Why would the drifter think otherwise since i'm assuming he paid to get track time. If you have issues with drift cars, micros or anything else touching the grounds of Socal you should take it up with the track operator and not the people paying good money to get thier track time. Gotta agree that this person needs to get over it.

Congrats to Brood on a good signing.
Francis M. is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

I agree with you to some extrent, but like anyone else including stock, guys running mabuchi's, etc., you give room for the faster guys. Chris didn't hit him intentionally, but like driving 20mph in the fast lane on a freeway, it causes accidents.
edseb is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
  #34  
Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Good addition Eddie!!! Congrats to you both...Carpet nats will definitely be interesting as well!
StephenSobottka is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:51 PM
  #35  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by edseb
I agree with you to some extrent, but like anyone else including stock, guys running mabuchi's, etc., you give room for the faster guys. Chris didn't hit him intentionally, but like driving 20mph in the fast lane on a freeway, it causes accidents.
It's not even about them being slower, it's the amount of track space they take up. All that tail out stuff takes up around twice the amount of racing room as a normal car would on the race track, and it's moving like 80% slower than a RACE car.

I'm not opposed to drifting, I'm not even opposed to sharing the track with drifters, but you ALWAYS yield to traffic that's that much faster. It's racetrack ettiquette(sp?) 101.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
  #36  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Ok here is one for the haters. Just today here at Snowbirds I witnessed Toso working very hard to help fix a new racer that was running in stock rubber. The kid got to the driver stand for his qual and something was wrong with his car, Toso moved fast to fix it for him so he could run. It looked like it was the kids first race and his dad was there with him. That's what this sport is all about! True story.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 PM
  #37  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,280
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Ok here is one for the haters. Just today here at Snowbirds I witnessed Toso working very hard to help fix a new racer that was running in stock rubber. The kid got to the driver stand for his qual and something was wrong with his car, Toso moved fast to fix it for him so he could run. It looked like it was the kids first race and his dad was there with him. That's what this sport is all about! True story.
thats the chris i've seen at socal as well - always helping
rocketron is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
  #38  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Ok here is one for the haters. Just today here at Snowbirds I witnessed Toso working very hard to help fix a new racer that was running in stock rubber. The kid got to the driver stand for his qual and something was wrong with his car, Toso moved fast to fix it for him so he could run. It looked like it was the kids first race and his dad was there with him. That's what this sport is all about! True story.
Dood that happens all the time with Chris if he see's you running a Corally he will help when you are in need..The only thing thats gets to him is when he tries to help you out and you blow him off..

Weither its Blackstock or a young kid Toso will always go that extra mile to help out the guys running Corally's..or ANY other car for that matter..
CAlbrecht is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
  #39  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Dood that happens all the time with Chris if he see's you running a Corally he will help when you are in need..The only thing thats gets to him is when he tries to help you out and you blow him off..
The kid was running a TC3.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
  #40  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
The kid was running a TC3.
or any like I said in my post..
CAlbrecht is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
  #41  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
it was friday open practice,
the drift car was an amateur driver and Mr Tosoline is a sponsored professional driver.

does this make it right for breaking someones car?

You were not there,
I personally know the people who were damaged.

If schumacher crashed into me on purpose. that would just show the type of hate mentality that exhist in on road racing.

I don't care if it was president bush, Mike helton, if they crashed into me on purpose it still would not make it right.

If this is the kind of person you want to sponser, that is well and good.
I will throw away all of my team brood motors. and buy elsewhere.

thank you tosso for opening the track, that was very professional.

later
Wayne Nagata
well peel the labels off of your corally, schumacher, yokomo, reedy, fantom, brood, SMC, pole-position, novak, LRP, Airtronics, parma, protoform, kyosho, brood, etc. products bacuse they have supported or currently do support chris in some way...

you truly are a douche bag... drifting is about the stupidist thing i have ever seen, in any scale... and i had a friend get seriously injured in a vehicle accident here in washington bacuse some guy was "drifting" in his 80's nissan.

heres a hot tip... hondas and nissans are gay... in r/c and real life
and another... drifting is gay... driving out of control is easy, i see women doing it everyday

anyways, thanks for not buying from the above comapanies, we are much happier without your business
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 05:46 PM
  #42  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
EddieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Wayne, there was a ton of witnesses to the incident.....then the guy came online making all these threats online.....the guy simply acted like an ass.....so, people, myself included acted like an ass right back...


Your choice on where you want to buy motors from....I believe we have served you well, but if you are going to quit using the products because of an accident at the track, then so be it....you have not bought one in 8 months anyways...

Further more....Stop using corally, novak, much more, jaco, parma, airtronics, etc, etc....all toso sponsors.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
  #43  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,499
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
well peel the labels off of your corally, schumacher, yokomo, reedy, fantom, brood, SMC, pole-position, novak, LRP, Airtronics, parma, protoform, kyosho, brood, etc. products bacuse they have supported or currently do support chris in some way...

you truly are a douche bag... drifting is about the stupidist thing i have ever seen, in any scale... and i had a friend get seriously injured in a vehicle accident here in washington bacuse some guy was "drifting" in his 80's nissan.

heres a hot tip... hondas and nissans are gay... in r/c and real life
and another... drifting is gay... driving out of control is easy, i see women doing it everyday

anyways, thanks for not buying from the above comapanies, we are much happier without your business
hey....I drive a Nissan. Am I gay? Care to share a snickers.....LOL
STLNLST is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
  #44  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,953
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST
hey....I drive a Nissan. Am I gay? Care to share a snickers.....LOL
do you really want them to answer this question? There's just too many pics of you in a dress out there for you to deny the fact that you enjoy sharing snickers with other guys.
Matt Howard is offline  
Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
  #45  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
dal bains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,006
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

STLNLST---BUSTED!!!!!!!!!
dal bains is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.