R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
nagatahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 349
Default

yep.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I added that to Chris's contract....make sure punting of drift car by jackasses who whine about the fast guys at the track....

That guy, lost all crediablity with his threats....and I also asked Kinwald what happened....and it was a MUCH different story that the guy who supposed got punted......


Besides....take the drift cars to the drift track.......or duing the drift session....driving around a car sliding all over the place....

It's like a drifting practice while Micheal Shumacher is taking practice......


Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
I added that to Chris's contract....make sure punting of drift car by jackasses who whine about the fast guys at the track....

That guy, lost all crediablity with his threats....and I also asked Kinwald what happened....and it was a MUCH different story that the guy who supposed got punted......


Besides....take the drift cars to the drift track.......or duing the drift session....driving around a car sliding all over the place....

It's like a drifting practice while Micheal Shumacher is taking practice......


Later EddieO

It was classic if I remember after it happened Toso said " THE TRACK IS NOW OPEN"..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
nagatahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 349
Default

it was friday open practice,
the drift car was an amateur driver and Mr Tosoline is a sponsored professional driver.

does this make it right for breaking someones car?

You were not there,
I personally know the people who were damaged.

If schumacher crashed into me on purpose. that would just show the type of hate mentality that exhist in on road racing.

I don't care if it was president bush, Mike helton, if they crashed into me on purpose it still would not make it right.

If this is the kind of person you want to sponser, that is well and good.
I will throw away all of my team brood motors. and buy elsewhere.

thank you tosso for opening the track, that was very professional.

later
Wayne Nagata
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
RCMits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
I will throw away all of my team brood motors. and buy elsewhere.
Wayne Nagata
throw them my way ;-)
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
It was classic if I remember after it happened Toso said " THE TRACK IS NOW OPEN"..
I can picture him saying that as well!! It had to be a classic moment for sure.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #22
Tech Regular
 
nagatahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 349
Default

their in the trash can.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #23
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
their in the trash can.
I havent always seen eye to eye with Tosso, but he wouldnt stoop so low as to do that. Im sure it was an accident. Get over it!!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #24
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

P.S- Great addition to the team Eddie.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

Let's see. A 7x1 moving mach 10 on the straight in practise, and a drift car on the straight not giving room to the faster car= collision. Believe me, Chris didn't want to hit the car, it does nobody good. It especially doesn't do good to his own car that he uses for racing that includes some parts that are irreplaceable. Now imagine how you would have felt being him coming off the stand and that same drift car guy starts yelling at him? Let's see... he should have chewed some bubble gum, told the guy that his drift car looks bitchin and should always have the right to the track and no one else who wants to use the track. Hmm, do I smell some sarcasm?
__________________
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #26
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
it was friday open practice,
the drift car was an amateur driver and Mr Tosoline is a sponsored professional driver.

does this make it right for breaking someones car?

You were not there,
I personally know the people who were damaged.

If schumacher crashed into me on purpose. that would just show the type of hate mentality that exhist in on road racing.

I don't care if it was president bush, Mike helton, if they crashed into me on purpose it still would not make it right.

If this is the kind of person you want to sponser, that is well and good.
I will throw away all of my team brood motors. and buy elsewhere.

thank you tosso for opening the track, that was very professional.

later
Wayne Nagata

I was there cause thats when I got my RDX from Robbie and Toso and I were building my car....Classic
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #27
Tech Regular
 
nagatahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 349
Default

sorry guys it was friday and open practice
tosso is the professional and my experience is when one of them hits you it's on purpose.

As a matter of fact when this incident occured I told nate to back off and let it go. I told him not to go to SoCal because grip and drift guys usuall don't mix to well. I just figured it was one of the local grip guys forcing the issue.

When the subject came up again last year he told me it was tosso. I was very upset to learn that a professional sponsored driver would conduct himself in this manner

and by the way I still have my brood motors, I just peeled the labels off. those are up for grabs.

wn
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
sorry guys it was friday and open practice
tosso is the professional and my experience is when one of them hits you it's on purpose.

As a matter of fact when this incident occured I told nate to back off and let it go. I told him not to go to SoCal because grip and drift guys usuall don't mix to well. I just figured it was one of the local grip guys forcing the issue.

When the subject came up again last year he told me it was tosso. I was very upset to learn that a professional sponsored driver would conduct himself in this manner

and by the way I still have my brood motors, I just peeled the labels off. those are up for grabs.

wn

all take them, Socal regular
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #29
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

The fact is that SoCal is a RACE TRACK. Not a DRIFT track. I wasn't there so I don't know if what Chris did was intentional or not. If it was, it wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but neither is taking a drift car on one of the highest grip asphalt RACE tracks in the country. I'm all for people getting into RC what ever way they want to. But cars are made for specific applications and locations. Race tracks are not the place for drift cars. It's like taking a TMAXX to a carpet track.

Congrats to both Chris and Eddie.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:01 AM   #30
Tech Master
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,351
Default

SAWEET!! TOSO IS BACK!!!!
__________________
Sean Maybell

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chris Tosolini signs with Matrix for the Worlds rcfoolz Nitro On-Road 2 07-27-2008 09:21 PM
Team br00d Signs Ralph Burch..... EddieO Electric On-Road 10 12-30-2006 03:21 AM
Team br00d signs Billy Easton..... EddieO Electric On-Road 33 11-04-2006 05:18 PM
Team br00d Signs Chris Tosolini EddieO Electric On-Road 5 10-09-2004 07:13 PM
Team Corally Signs Chris Tosolini ECHOLogic Electric On-Road 164 08-03-2004 04:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net