HB Cyclone S
Xray T2R
Tamiya TA-05

so, WHAT SHOULD I GET?!?!?!?

thanks in advance!!!!
tc4 - too easy to break suspension and discontinued soon
cyclone s - too expensive to hopup the sure to be broken parts
tamiya ta05 - too heavy and drivetrain not the best
I dont have an xray t2r but it might be worth checking out since its xray quality.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I vote JRX-S!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

ta05... cheap,strong and can mix it with some of the more expensive cars out there
Old 02-07-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow, thanks for all the responses guys. this is definately going to be a tough decision. i am trolling through all the threads of the cars i am interested in to get a better idea of it. but keep the opinions coming! thanks a lot!

T2R-3 (counting T1!)
TC4-2 (counting TC3)
TA05-6 (wow, even though my LHS doesn't stock Tamiya parts, i should look into this one)
JRXS (if i can find one cheap)-2
Cyclone S-1
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
wow, thanks for all the responses guys. this is definately going to be a tough decision. i am trolling through all the threads of the cars i am interested in to get a better idea of it. but keep the opinions coming! thanks a lot!

T2R-3 (counting T1!)
TC4-2 (counting TC3)
TA05-6 (wow, even though my LHS doesn't stock Tamiya parts, i should look into this one)
JRXS (if i can find one cheap)-2
Cyclone S-1
Most LHS don't stock Tamiya parts but try using the Tamiya website to get your part #'s and then order from Rc-champ. The prices are about 1/2 of what U.S. prices would be and the items will get to you in 3-4 days...from JAPAN.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

what's the shipping like to get my package to the east coast?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

what's the shipping like to get my package to the east coast?
Shipping varies by weight plus there's a paypal charge but...when I ordered my TA05 and a bunch of hop-ups it cost $242 (total with shipping and paypal fee) and if I had ordered it from Tower Hobbies it would have cost $400.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

dude, i cant read anything on RC-Champ! it's all in Japanese! is there an english site?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

not sure about rc champ, but rc mart have their site in many different languages
Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

dude, i cant read anything on RC-Champ! it's all in Japanese! is there an english site?
It is all in Japanese... go to.... RC Champ International orders.... There, it will explain how to order from them. Just download the Excel Spreadsheet, fill out the info and fill out the stuff you need. I usually go to manufacturers websites and get the part #'s too which will speed up the orders.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc3team
not sure about rc champ, but rc mart have their site in many different languages
RC-Mart is ok too if you're looking for non-Tamiya hop-up parts but they're still more expensive than RC-Champ. RC-Mart is in Hong-Kong and I have ordered from them several times too...just not as cheap on Tamiya stuff.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Maubid4 I like your new sig, PIMP. Are you trying to get a sale's job from Tamiya? If so they are missing an opportunity.
Macnkitty2002: If you really want to do the right thing?
Go to the place you are going to race. And find out what they stock what they sell and what you have the most range of parts availability. Ask can you order parts of any thing they don't stock.I t is so much easier and you wont have a pit box full of stuff you may never use just to be sure you have it on hand at the track. I run Xray and I have to keep so many parts on hand I may as well be a shop. And when Our #1 supplier is out of town it sure is hard to get parts.
Think about it a visit to the shop pick up part!
Internet 3 or 4 days out and getting warrantied sucks if your not satisfied.
Muahbd4 we need to quit meeting like this. It looks like were following each other.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm going to vote for the TA-05. I had one and wished I'd never sold it, so I'm going to wait for the TA-05R to be released and will get rid of the T2R.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Maubid4 I like your new sig, PIMP. Are you trying to get a sale's job from Tamiya? If so they are missing an opportunity.
Macnkitty2002: If you really want to do the right thing?
Go to the place you are going to race. And find out what they stock what they sell and what you have the most range of parts availability. Ask can you order parts of any thing they don't stock.I t is so much easier and you wont have a pit box full of stuff you may never use just to be sure you have it on hand at the track. I run Xray and I have to keep so many parts on hand I may as well be a shop. And when Our #1 supplier is out of town it sure is hard to get parts.
Think about it a visit to the shop pick up part!
Internet 3 or 4 days out and getting warrantied sucks if your not satisfied.
Muahbd4 we need to quit meeting like this. It looks like were following each other.
Yep, but parts don't really break on the TA05 either. I do recommend getting everything else locally. I only buy the car and parts from overseas...everything else is bought from the LHS. X...we both seem be online a lot during the day...maybe we should get lives???
Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the good idea. i do the same as you with my 1/8 off road stuff, and it is really starting to bug me out now. my LHS doesn't stock any Jammin parts, hardly any ofna parts, and no Kyosho parts, so i have two boxes full of spare parts that i only use when i have to rebuild something! (because my stuff never breaks!). i spent over $200 on spare Jammin parts, and i can say that i have only used about $30 worth of it since i purchased them with my buggy 2 years ago. so, i don't want to be stocking up on spares for a 1/10 EP car either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.