Wiki Posts
Search

THROTTLE CONTROL

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default THROTTLE CONTROL

i'm trying to find out where to let off the throttle before turns and how much throttle to give and when through turns.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

if you want to get particular and break it into a science, it would depend on weight, suspension, your camber adjustment and the like, but since it's not needed, base it off of the ammount of coast you can get out of your rc.. if it naturally slows down when you release the throttle, then you can go release right before the corner, turn and right before you straighten out, punch it, assuming your doing a 90. It may vary on turns, like if your doing a hairpin..

alot of the times you can go right through a turn while holding the throttle, just ease up a little as you initiate the turn, and add more as you begin to staighten out
Old 12-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

When to let throttle of: if you take your corner to wide then its because you let throttle of too late,the next time that you enter that corner you have to do it sooner. If you go too a corner and your line is perfect but you car was not on the limit then you have too hold throttle a little longer next time you enter that corner.

When you are going too the turn then you have too give just the trhottle needed so that the car wont slow down and wont accelerate.
In an ideal situation you slow the car down too the maximum speed that the car can take the corner,then you keep that speed by giving a little throttle(before the apex) and when you get past the apax then you start accelerating.

When you want to do fast laps then you also have to learn using your brakes.Also when you are driving whit a one-way you can use your brakes when setting the maximum so that your cars tail does not brake out when you use full brakes.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sitting duck
Hi,

When to let throttle of: if you take your corner to wide then its because you let throttle of too late,the next time that you enter that corner you have to do it sooner. If you go too a corner and your line is perfect but you car was not on the limit then you have too hold throttle a little longer next time you enter that corner.

When you are going too the turn then you have too give just the trhottle needed so that the car wont slow down and wont accelerate.
In an ideal situation you slow the car down too the maximum speed that the car can take the corner,then you keep that speed by giving a little throttle(before the apex) and when you get past the apax then you start accelerating.

When you want to do fast laps then you also have to learn using your brakes.Also when you are driving whit a one-way you can use your brakes when setting the maximum so that your cars tail does not brake out when you use full brakes.

how do you know when the car is on the limit?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

When the front of the car is behind the back of the car, you've gone past the limit.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There really isn't an exact place. The first pack or 2 just ease it around the track and learn the layout and get a feel for the car. As you get more confident in your car and your knowledge of the track, then you can start pushing it harder and harder. Try to practice with fast guys.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
There really isn't an exact place. The first pack or 2 just ease it around the track and learn the layout and get a feel for the car. As you get more confident in your car and your knowledge of the track, then you can start pushing it harder and harder. Try to practice with fast guys.
Jimbo, i'm not dogging you. i just think there must be an exact place because i ran consistent 10.1's thru 10.7's and the faster guys were running 9.1's thru 9.7's and it seemed the line they were running was using more of the track. even though i'm trying to run a tighter line i'm losing time. so now i'm trying to prep for a turn by going wide making the turn close to the board then go wide again but i was hoping for some pointers on how to accomplish this because i'm stuck on the way i run. thanks any info would be helpful.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

by the way guys i'm running on carpet.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

there two tatics while driving lines around corners. one if your in a quaifiers. ther more than one way arond a corner. if it's a 180 and now one around take it wide in hug the corner and try to excel. towards the other side. in othe words wide in wide out. this way your tuning your car less throught out the whole turn and your also maintaining more mommemtum. most of the time you cannot do this. as other racer will sneak in and take the line away from you. secondly if your racing for position in a main. you may as well hug the corner then just as you apex the corner. jab your brakes just abit(for like a milliseond). then get back o power. This will settle the car and make it plant itself. then power out of it.

another advise which I do often, if your in a lower heat. try and watch the two or three drivers. what there lines taking. and if you can sneak a peak what their throtle finger. and watch how there controling there cars. thand watch the cars again.

Then there the old saying. just go out and get more pratice.practise. with both faster guy's and try new lines and set up and see what works.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Just take the turns using HALF-THROTTLE...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

http://www.ssapubl.com/product.aspx?nbr=S242

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0837...23#reader-link
Old 12-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Wow im the opposite!
I drive my on and offroad cars like there running oneways, I hardly ever use the brakes, only ever used it at one track and that was to slow down before a tight turn. I try and be as smooth as possible, however, the fast guys go as fast as possible and brake as late as possible. I tend to coast it, dont try to copy people, try and take their lines but dont try there style, youll never pull it off, do it the way that feels best.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well carpet stock racing, if your car is good, you wont need to lift on most corners. 180's and tight turns off the end of a back straight or short shoot you might have to lift a little bit but you can run the car so much deeper into a corner in carpet foam tire racing. Try just going balls to the wall and if the car pushed wide, lift some next time. Guess and test. I in no way consider myself a good foam tire racer because I do it about 2 times a year. However, at snowbirds last year, there was only 2 places I was lifting on the whole track and the fast guys were running high to mid 11's and i was running low 12's. How your car is setup is the determining factor. There is no pre determined distance from the turn you should begin turning in. Just practice practice practice.

Last edited by Jimmy Morris; 12-31-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

forgot to mention i'm running checkpoint 19 turn on carpet
Old 01-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

just be smooth with the throttle don't jam it like you would on 1:1 car as throttle response is totally diffenrent, took me an age to figure this out. Might be best to drive a go kart and see what happens when you jam the throttle hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.