R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat
That Kawada isn't anything different, it's a total copy! 12L4 xeroxed....
The Bolink body on the left was a Sckhee, not sure if spelled right, was one of the cooler 80's 12th bodies....
Your right, thank you. (It has been a while) Jerobee was another car company. And yes everyone it seemed had that body at one time out there making laps.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #32
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

my personal opinion, but i think it is absolutly discusting that you are giving up on your cyclone because their 12th scale is like an L4. I dont care if all the cars look the same, if it works then it works. Doesnt bother me one bit that my car looks like 2 or 20 other manufactures cars. If the way cars are designed nowadays didnt work, then why is everyone doing it...becasue its proven that it works.

and for those on yokomo with their 12th scale, it is called the RC12Y...it is an associated car with yokomo parts. They arent calling it their own.....it is an associated.

Id say, get over it, but that would be a bit...mean? Do what you want, but flaming this board about the state of touring car, and 12th scale design isnt going to change how they are made.

Last edited by Switch Blade; 02-07-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Switch Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuncle
After seeing this post I am selling my Cyclone. I find HB to be nothing but disgusting rip off artists making money on the design work of other companies and I will not contribute to thier efforts. This rebadged RC12L4 with an alloy lower pod plate is shameful and it is the last straw

I guess this is nothing new for them though. At the Worlds in South Africa the drivers that were handed Pro 4 protoypes got a carbon chassis kit a purple alloy motor mount and a TC3 Team kit with the box turned inside out so the outside look like brown paper.

The Cyclone's rear shock tower and all its suspenion can be replaced with the same parts from the Tamiya 415MS and every bit of it replaces the stock HB parts perfectly with no fitting or changes in geometry...of course that is a coincedence

Did anyone see the pics of HB's new 4wd off road car...its a purple rip off of the J-Concepts BJ-4 Worlds kit! I don't mean it looks like a BJ-4 I mean it IS a Purple BJ-4! It is absolutly disgusting

Then don't buy a TC5, it is a copy of the other cars in some form or fashion
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuncle
After seeing this post I am selling my Cyclone. I find HB to be nothing but disgusting rip off artists making money on the design work of other companies and I will not contribute to thier efforts.
Well make sure whatever TC you buy next doesn't have four wheels, two shock towers, front/rear diffs, two belts, etc because that's already been done before and is WAY tired design!

You can't always reinvent the wheel, and even if you do it's not always for the best. If it works, then why not stick with it and try to make small improvements to set yours apart from others.

With that said, one person has tried to go a radical direction and that's Josh Cyrul's prototype TC here at Snowbirds. Instead of massive alum bulkheads his car has a heavy duty (5mm?) backbone down the center of the car connecting the front and rear.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote