R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Ah... now the problems start if your 13.5 is even a little faster than the Novak 13.5 you force all who race in a 13.5 B/L class to buy a Orion/Peak motor or be at a dissadvantage So then Novak tweaks their 13.5 and comes out with a Improved 13.5 thats a touch faster... now I have to buy a Novak .... after a while I have a box full of perfectly good B/L motors that are only good for bashing
That is the way it is now. And it will be no different with brushless motors. There will always be a fastest motor, and there will be manufacturers trying to improve upon it.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Quote:
Oops... sorry Bob.. I was typing and didnt see your post
Ottoman.
This is why I am trying to tighten up the rules so there won't be as much room to work with. This way it will be more difficult to tweek the design for more power.
Bob
Bob Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
That is the way it is now. And it will be no different with brushless motors. There will always be a fastest motor, and there will be manufacturers trying to improve upon it.
Sorry Rick... my post was a little tongue in cheek response to a few guys who told me brushless 13.5 was going to level the playing field and you would only have to buy one motor because they would all be the same speed and laughed when I proposed this very scenario. It only makes sense that Orion would have to distinguish them selves from the Novak 13.5 in some way... and performance has always been the way in RC motors
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
The only odd man out is the GM motors that seem to use a different sensor harness connector than the GTB/LRP.
the evo3 motor uses the same sensor haress as lrp motors. It works on both my sphere as on my gm 95.
Wouter.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

it's the gm esc that requires the harness adaptor with gm, lrp or novak motors.

i belive the sensor leads/plugs are covered by ifmar rules and therefore are the same across all the brands.
tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

The sensor cable that comes out of the genius 95 is different then my lrp, but they include a adapter so you can use lrp/ GM evo 3 motors.

The gm adapters are ridiculously priced bye the way 20 Euro for 4 cm long wire, really a rip off
Wouter.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry Rick... my post was a little tongue in cheek response to a few guys who told me brushless 13.5 was going to level the playing field and you would only have to buy one motor because they would all be the same speed and laughed when I proposed this very scenario. It only makes sense that Orion would have to distinguish them selves from the Novak 13.5 in some way... and performance has always been the way in RC motors
Yep there is no such thing as a level playing field
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
Tech Legend

Quote:

Don`t think like that ...
When spec`s for a stock brushless are announce, only then could you even try to hold a standard to the Orion or Novak 13.5.....

stock brush motor`s ?

Yeah know , even the brush version`s are`nt the same speed !!

so much for the idea of a even field in speed for stock even now...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't suppose this is a sneak peak at what we're looking at from the Orion and/or LRP camp?

http://www.mcmracing.be/catalog/inde...038abf81b866a3
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
I don't suppose this is a sneak peak at what we're looking at from the Orion and/or LRP camp?

http://www.mcmracing.be/catalog/inde...038abf81b866a3
13.5 = 23T brushed??
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #41
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
13.5 = 23T brushed??
Lets hope this isn't a giant step backwards for brushless acceptance in stock racing. :-(
Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #42
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I wouldnt say its equal to a 23 turn...Probably more like a 25-26 turn...but it is faster than a brushes stock motor!! I got my first experience racing against a 13.5 last week Guess I am going to have to get one to compete on a local level now

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #43
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I wouldnt say its equal to a 23 turn...Probably more like a 25-26 turn...but it is faster than a brushes stock motor!! I got my first experience racing against a 13.5 last week Guess I am going to have to get one to compete on a local level now

EA
Nosrom seems to be touting their 13.5 as a 23T and their 15.5 as a 27T. I don't know much about their motors, or the origin of brushless motors at all for that matter, but it seems like maybe LRP or Orion is using these as the basis for their line. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but the Nosrom stuff especially lines up nicely with LRP's new offerings, including the ESC. Which one is the chicken and which is the egg?

If the mighty EA can't compete against a 13.5 with -his- stock motors, I guess there might really be a difference. The locals sure are going to have fun saying "I told you so" at our next club race. Great!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #44
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Nosrom seems to be touting their 13.5 as a 23T and their 15.5 as a 27T. I don't know much about their motors, or the origin of brushless motors at all for that matter, but it seems like maybe LRP or Orion is using these as the basis for their line. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but the Nosrom stuff especially lines up nicely with LRP's new offerings, including the ESC. Which one is the chicken and which is the egg?

If the mighty EA can't compete against a 13.5 with -his- stock motors, I guess there might really be a difference. The locals sure are going to have fun saying "I told you so" at our next club race. Great!
Nosrom speedo's are rebadged LRP's arent they? If so I would assume the motors are as well.

I was faster in a 5 minute run than him but that was due to driving and car carrying more corner speed but damn those things had yank out of the corner!! He had more yank out of each corner and the first 15 feet of the straight...but then I was faster after that. Im not sure what he was geared but it was a lot!! LOL

I wish more of our locals would get brushless motors. It closed the gap up a lot from him to me....I had to drive very good to stay in front...which I didnt do in the main btw!! I think if most tracks would allow bl stuff at the club races it would help their attendance and be easier to get new guys into it.

Now if Roar will just get their heads out of their butts and create an actual set of rules for stock and 19 turn classes of BL then all the manufactures can get their motors made to spec!! THEN BL will really take off even more than it has!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #45
Tech Master

DIE BRUSHLESS!!!! DIE!!!!!!

Just kidn'....its just hard for me to accept cuz Im so old school...

Its cool that pretty soon every electric RTR will come with brushless stuff...but for racing, in my opinion its kinda like putting brushless motors in Nextel Cup cars...the tuning that goes into brushed motors is so pure and traditional...

It would be so sad to see brushed motors leave our sport some-day...

think I would run nitro....

love you all, Maybell

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote