R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4
Well, the fact that the battery is in the middle and underneath but still a 4-wheel drive, belt driven. I have to admit, it was a little different and did try something new. Kudos to Losi on that one.
Kudos to Losi for perfecting the old HPI Pro 3 design.

The Schumacher MI3 looks innovative in some areas. Diff access for example. But I believe this design results in a heavier car, there is lot of aluminium around those diffs. Also the chassis is like Swiss cheese, it's most likely not very stiff. And last, it's a Schumacher, I won't order one until I've seen it in person and driven it on the track. I have too much experience with Schumacher.

Last edited by andsetinn; 02-05-2007 at 03:02 AM.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thats great but there are 2 problems:

1. It pulls 150 deg air from the track surface and blows it on somthing you are trying to cool.

2. The bottom of the chassis is a low pressure area so nothing ever blows up through holes in the chassis.

Classis holes are mainly for lightening and looks.
To address those...

1. As air speeds up and moved through a funnel, it cools down so the sped up air hitting the motor will be cooler than the air on the track....and 150 degrees??? Maybe on an asphalt track in Arizona but even in the middle of the summer on asphalt here the track temps never reach more than 120 but that's really just semantics. Hot air is hot air but it's still cooler than motor temps.

2. True it is a low pressure area but air will still be funneled up. Maybe not huge amounts but some air will move through the funnel. Since races don't allow cooling holes in the body, the only option is pulling air from under the chassis.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #78
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
Considering threaded shock bodies have been around since 82-83, I don't think you could call that innovative
Uh huh, since you didn't bother to cite which ones had them, what manufacturers/chassis had them incorporated into their design? Pan cars like the 10L and 12L maybe had them, but their wide-spread use in the hobby didn't occur till around late 90's -2000's.
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

AdrienM
Atomic hobbies and games in Fort Wayne....just there last week, no schumaker, corally, xray, hotbodies, ect ect ect. They really dont have $hit, 2 motors on the shelf (speedgems to boot) I have never seen any of your parts there, so if they do buy from you it must be for themselves or ??????????????
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #80

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsetinn
Kudos to Losi for perfecting the old HPI Pro 3 design.

The Schumacher MI3 looks innovative in some areas. Diff access for example. But I believe this design results in a heavier car, there is lot of aluminium around those diffs. Also the chassis is like Swiss cheese, it's most likely not very stiff. And last, it's a Schumacher, I won't order one until I've seen it in person and driven it on the track. I have too much experience with Schumacher.
You must have never raced with Chris Goetz...
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #81
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

same w/ Nicks hobbys, they do have takeoffs I suppose. NO ONE IN THIS AREA WILL EVEN CONSIDER STOCKING HIGHER END PARTS OR CARS. Its ASSociated or Losi, any thing else is mail order only...I will if there was a choice....maybe give em a deal and they will buy more.

"If you stock it , it will sell"
Maybe let them no that to....they tend to not listen to the racers
Old 02-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
what??? schumacher has one of the best parts support! I never had any problems getting Schumacher parts, same goes for Corally
Not all of us live in Florida.... where Corally and Shuey NA is headquartered.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #83
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
That might be true but then again most shops I go to don't have Xray, Tamiya, or any other high end stuff. I guess if you don't wreck you won't need parts. I just simply order spares not matter what brand I race because you can't rely on a shop to have everything. You can have a million dollar inventory and you can always find a part you want that the shop don't have in stock.

Ordering from any of the top companies should be no problem now days. I order on Monday from Schumacher and have my stuff by Thursday.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
That might be true but then again most shops I go to don't have Xray, Tamiya, or any other high end stuff. I guess if you don't wreck you won't need parts. I just simply order spares not matter what brand I race because you can't rely on a shop to have everything. You can have a million dollar inventory and you can always find a part you want that the shop don't have in stock.

Ordering from any of the top companies should be no problem now days. I order on Monday from Schumacher and have my stuff by Thursday.
Can't speak for Schumacher... but, I have ordered from Corally with great turn-around - except the damn duty!!!!

My point was more that not all hobby shops will have all parts for all cars - they just can't afford it.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #85
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
We sell more stuff in California than in Florida...lol! We used to do pretty well in your area too when Racing-Edge was importing our stuff. If you ever see Mark Frechette say hi to him for me.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #86
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

he will be at birds adrian