R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by $rusty$
And the JRXS, and soon to be JRXS Type-R.
Well, the fact that the battery is in the middle and underneath but still a 4-wheel drive, belt driven. I have to admit, it was a little different and did try something new. Kudos to Losi on that one.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Yes I agree the rest look like clones but you have to give Losi props for thinking outside the box.

I think unfortunately customers are often too swayed by what works right now rather then what could work better if they try it.

Look how long it took Brushless and Li-Po to be widely excepted. We had a Brushless system 5 years ago but it was "too new" for people to try it. it looked ugly but worked great. Any funky chassis design nowadays is bashed before anyone even tries it out simply because it is not the same layout as the last big winner. This with the fact that all the good engineers are working in other more lucrative industries is a good reason why you see different looking version of the same basic design.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #18
Tech Master

Post It's.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
How long will it take before a Mi3 inspired Xray is out?
got two belts and the motor is near the middle, where's the innovation?
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

I'm thinking that everything will be 4WD, and belt-driven from now on. Just more efficient. Personally I think that the design will stay the same for quite sometime. It just seems like the current order of the wasy it's laid out on the chassis works so well. That it will be hard to make it better without making it look retarted, cause we all gotta admit that when something drastically different comes out we call it stupid until we have one, and it actually WORKS!

My $.02

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4
Well, the fact that the battery is in the middle and underneath but still a 4-wheel drive, belt driven. I have to admit, it was a little different and did try something new. Kudos to Losi on that one.

Thank you for the compliments on that
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
Yes I agree the rest look like clones but you have to give Losi props for thinking outside the box.

I think unfortunately customers are often too swayed by what works right now rather then what could work better if they try it.
yeah LiPo, 4 cell, 6 cell, or 5 cell the losi is ready.....
Old 02-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
got two belts and the motor is near the middle, where's the innovation?
Look again you are missing a lot. The Mi3 does a lot of things no other sedan can do. Check out the list of these features at the link below.

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp?sitepages=mi3

FYI, Mi3 is also 4/5/6 and 3200 or 4800 Lipo compatible (actually all of those fit every sedan we have made in the last 5 years.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #23
Tech Master

Default I see all that, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Look again you are missing a lot. The Mi3 does a lot of things no other sedan can do. Check out the list of these features at the link below.

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp?sitepages=mi3

FYI, Mi3 is also 4/5/6 and 3200 or 4800 Lipo compatible (actually all of those fit every sedan we have made in the last 5 years.
is it inherently more efficient than the competition? That's all that really matters when running stock class!

"setup not withstanding will it be faster in a straight line out of the box?"
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
is it inherently more efficient than the competition? That's all that really matters when running stock class!

"setup not withstanding will it be faster in a straight line out of the box?"
Compared to most other sedan yes. Our drive train is probably the most free spinning and the Mi3's has the lowest rotating mass of any sedan currently in production. No one can argue this point because we measured them all.

The thing you need to think about is that even in 540 racing corner speed is more important than straightaway speed. Races are won and lost in the infield. That said the Mi3 gives you the freedom to make more critical setting changes than any other car on the market or currently in development. No one can argue this point either and that is why there is such a hub-bub about this car.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
That said the Mi3 gives you the freedom to make more critical setting changes than any other car on the market or currently in development. No one can argue this point either and that is why there is such a hub-bub about this car.

Huh? Maybe they WAY they are adjusted. Almost if not every sedan out there gives you the ability to change all major facets of the suspension....
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob
I would love to hear specifically what someone thinks is innovative in RC cars (specific tech) since 2000...

DROOP screws.. thats about the most innovative thing I can think of.

I had just about everything else prior to that ... even most of the materials...

Its hard to re-invent the wheel.

James

Missed this quote earlier.....so true!!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Huh? Maybe they WAY they are adjusted. Almost if not every sedan out there gives you the ability to change all major facets of the suspension....
Yes, but all other sedans are limited in what you can adjust and in what increment you can make those adjustments. The Mi3 has no such limitations.

If you want to lower your roll center by one thin motor shim (.007") you can do it easliy. That would be kind of useless but the point is you now have the freedom to do what you feel you need to do to get the setup where you want it to be. No other car gives serious racers this level or tuning options.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes but all other sedans are linited in what you can adjust and in what increment you can make those adjustments. The Mi3 has no such limitations.

Should have called it the LL3 not the MI3..... Limit Less 3...

I always wanted to try 5 inch camber links....
Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

R/C Tech Membership: $0
Internet Connection: $25
Computer: $200
Reading other racers thoughs and rants on V-Bulliten: Priceless
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Should have called it the LL3 not the MI3..... Limit Less 3...

I always wanted to try 5 inch camber links....
Isn't that what you guys ran on the front of the T1 at some point?