R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #121
Tech Initiate

thats so true... i feel u on that one especially since im a 15 year old struggling to stay in this hobby
mangobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #122
Tech Initiate

Default help

trjracing u got pm
inky_dinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #123
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana
thats so true... i feel u on that one especially since im a 15 year old struggling to stay in this hobby
I hear that.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #124
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_dinkz
trjracing u got pm
Yes, I got your pm and I sent you a reply. I hope it is helpful. Take Care...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_dinkz
trjracing u got pm
So How did everything work out for you with your set up???
Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #126
Tech Addict

Hey, Guy's did anyone do any testing or running yet? Any finished projects? I've been working on my sleeper TC3 I made some changes and hopefully I car will run the way it's been running. The green camaro you see in my avatar is now down too 7 cells from 14 cells, the reason for it is because when guy's see that many cells they get scared to race so with 7 cells and a good motor the car will run fast and agressive and I have a better chance of getting a race and now since the front end is so light I had to put a wheelie bar to keep the nose down because I took it out for a test run, talk about a wheelie to the bumper of the body and the car was all over the place and now with the wheelie bar the car is alot more stable too drive. As for my 10 cell promod, The body is out getting painted by a friend of mine and I will be ordering some lighter servos I found that will work with my set up in the promod. I'm trying to keep the oz. down. So hopefully once the promod is complete the car should come in between 44-46oz. We will see what happens. I'm still cutting corners to get the car as light as possible. I'm trying to get ready for E-TOWN this year. I don't expect to win the event but I am going to be competitive and going just to have some fun. I just hope I don't wreck my promod out there because that would suck I would just jump in my car and go home pissed. But anyway, I hope everyones projects are coming together and I hope to see some of you guy's at the track this year. Good Luck and Be Safe...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #127
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Question for you experienced drag guys (Albie)... in an 11" wheelbase car, what is the difference between a rigid chassis like the Grand Pro Stock versus the Grand or Walbern Pro Mod with a tweak plate setup?

Which car has more potential in any of the 11" wheelbase classes? Why pick one over the other?

And are all drag classes or organizations now mandating sub-C cells?
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:39 AM   #128
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well apex i personally use the gms11 which is a lighter ridged chassie.. there is no tweak plate to mess with and i like things simple.. alot of the high cell guys prefer the t plate so they can tweak the car and sometimes it helps them go straighter . i have seen ridged cars with 10 cells go as fast an straight as t plate cars ... so it might be more what you like better and how much you want to mess with t plates...

the imdra is allowing lipo in extreme ...hope this helps.. albie
speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #129
Tech Addict

Hey Speedpro1 how's everything? How's your cars coming along? When is that Cali. event?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpro1
well apex i personally use the gms11 which is a lighter ridged chassie.. there is no tweak plate to mess with and i like things simple.. alot of the high cell guys prefer the t plate so they can tweak the car and sometimes it helps them go straighter . i have seen ridged cars with 10 cells go as fast an straight as t plate cars ... so it might be more what you like better and how much you want to mess with t plates...
Thanks Albie, I appreciate the input. Things are a bit more complicated with the cars and motors than they were when I drag raced in the late 80s.

Quote:
the imdra is allowing lipo in extreme ...hope this helps.. albie
Is no one running 1/2C cells or any of the other smaller cells anymore?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #131
Tech Initiate

i ran my supergas car with a promod set up... talk about fast
and the western nats takes place from june 1-3 at norcal hobbies home of the NCDA
mangobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #132
Tech Adept

well apex in some high cell classes the now semi hard to find 2200s are used.. there 4/5th sub c .. there used in like the 20+ cell cars.... albie
Old 05-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #133
Tech Addict

Quote:
well apex in some high cell classes the now semi hard to find 2200s are used.. there 4/5th sub c .. there used in like the 20+ cell cars.... albie
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:

Ok, cool. After reading the various rulebooks out there, I figured as much. The last time I ran a drag car, everyone was using 2/3 cells and Top Fuel was a 20-cell class.

Good to know the battery thing isn't much of an issue.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #135
Tech Adept

what did you run apex? and where did you run at?