R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana
im gonna put 12 cells in my supergas car
Talk about fast!!! You won't be runnin supergas and more!!! You'll be runnin Extreme!!! Try a 1.7- a 1.9 rollout for that kind of power and a 10 turn or if you want to push it use a 8x3 arm time it at 20 degrees on the timing with a 1.7 rollout but I would run a higher turn arm something like a 10 turn or a 11 turn arm... Good Luck and Take Care...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #92
Tech Apprentice

wow this thread died.....john u dont have any vids of your TC3?
slicvicpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #93
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
wow this thread died.....john u dont have any vids of your TC3?
No we tried on sat. nite I did race my friend against his PRO4 and his car cogged and stopped about 3-4 feet on front of him, My car was out but once crossing the intersection my car got loose and I tried to regain control and I ended up smacking the curb at the top end of the second block which was our finish line and I ended up running the side of the fence my wife said there were sparks coming out of the car and cells every where But I fixed the car I ended up breaking the steering slider a brand new rim the batts have road rash but they work fine no cells damaged I rebuilt the 4200s I freshly built for that race now they wearing road rash The car is on 7 cells. My wife tried to vid the race but it was too dark and the car was coming too fast for her to catch on the video clip but she said that, Its the fastest pass she has seen the TC3 go on 7 cells. In case you want full detail of the current set up here it is, 7 cell IB4200 trinity team pack, 8x2 flat wire armature with a d6 4 mag can trinity both arm and can p-94 end bell E-maxx torque ring with a RAE torque ring the motor is timed at 30 degrees and the pinion and spur is 33/69 -1.49 rollout 25 amp microswitch set up with a HS 50 feather servo for the throttle and a HS 81 mg for steering and a mini receiver 4 cell pack. HPI Steletto 200mm body with a proline high downforce wing and here is the kicker HPI 22mm super narrow x-pattern tires and the TC3 is spooled front and rear. Yes the chassis has been cut and shaved to reduce weight. But the race is going to be counted as a do over we want a clean run to see whos car is faster so we will be re doing the race in a few more weeks when it gets abit warmer. Note: That this is one out of many other combo set ups I have for the TC3.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #94
Tech Addict

Hey Guys, Anyone testing and tuning there dragcars? Anyone building any monsters in there labs? As for me, My promod is almost finished and I'm still trying to cut some more weight off the car. I got the car just under 48oz. complete with electrics, batts., and the body,it still needs paint and wing. There are a few more things I can do to reduce the weight a bit more but I am not doing too bad, theres guy's running in the same class weighing in at 50+oz. and still running hard numbers. Well guys post some pics. if you can, I will try and do the same. I hope to hear from you guys and the progress you are all making. Take Care...
Old 04-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #95
Tech Addict

ANYONE???
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
ANYONE???
Hey trjracing, i'm recalling how I had met you when you worked @ the NYC Megatech store.-you probablywould never remember me-you&Marshal cut me a deal on a TC3 chassis conversion w/c I was never able to run(I still have it though). Anyways, during this past year, did you get to run @ the R/C Rods Nat'ls @ Englishtown? I was only a spectator at the event this past july.
-Greg

(sorry but I don't have pics of any of my TC's or Pan Cars)
Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo
Hey trjracing, i'm recalling how I had met you when you worked @ the NYC Megatech store.-you probablywould never remember me-you&Marshal cut me a deal on a TC3 chassis conversion w/c I was never able to run(I still have it though). Anyways, during this past year, did you get to run @ the R/C Rods Nat'ls @ Englishtown? I was only a spectator at the event this past july.
-Greg

(sorry but I don't have pics of any of my TC's or Pan Cars)
Yes, I worked for Marshall. You do know we closed the N.Y.C store before the New Year. Now it's just the N.J. store. I don't work for A.H.C. any more but I am very close with Ray and Marshall and we keep in contact I speak to them at least once, twice a week. As for E-Town I didn't run last year I'm going to run in the E-Town event this coming JULY. I build a electric promod to run in the E-Town event this year. I don't plan on breaking any records or winning the class, I just want to be fast and have fun if I take it too seriously I will be broke and unhappy. I have too many hobbies and not enough time and money Do you plan on running at E-Town this year??? If so what Class? Also if you want to see pics of my promod go to the r/c home built thread. I posted it up there because one guy wanted to see the lay out because he needed help with his home built dragster. And some other of my cars are posted up check out the whole thread I have pics posted there. I would post some here but this thread has been dead and there isn't too many dragracers here. Well, it's been good hearing from you and I hope we can bring this thread back to life. I Hope to hear from the guys on this thread. Well buddy, Take Care...
Old 04-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #98
Tech Regular

hey John, If ever i were to run, it would be Pro-stock electric; I was at the WRAM Show and saw Team Walbern's booth & bought their display kit. I got discouraged/frustrated after about four lesser succesful runs as practice in a freshly paved parkin' lot-by succesful I mean I didn't wreck , so no need to order any parts. The walbern guys have Great "comroderie" - they'd like to see me run atleast at some races-they're supportive! My car is bone stock; regrettably i was using a speedo(not the micro switch given in my kit) and a 10T trinity motor with seven cells. keepin' the car straight is tough. The guy I met @ E-town put me on to that spot on route 9 in that parking lot in NJ.may be this spring i may head down there.
-greg
Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 AM   #99
Tech Initiate

Default help

hey john,
i run an xray t2 with a mamba 7700,recently bought a trakpower 4900 lipo.
i can feel the power but i cant see the speed.i just like goin up and down my street chasing real cars.long story short i just wana go fast with what iv got. i dnt wana go balistic and buy a drag car although after reading this thread its re ignited my spark since im a speed freak so im considering it. so can u give me any suggestions on wat i cud do without having to go to far. the microswitch setup is sumthing ive never seen b4 but i dnt see how it wud benefit me if i recon its just goin to clock the same as my brushless although im itching to try it with my tamiya f103gt since iv never dared to use it with my brushless. and the fact that its a 2 wheel with direct drive freaks me out if veers outta control on my street. iv tried gearing my t2 as much as i can but im scared i mite blow my speedy and motor.lately iv been researching what body to get to get the best aero.so far its the pro stock to get.iv looked everywhere especially rccaraction for info on drag racing/speed runs with just a 1/10 tc and the closest iv got was u and ur tc3. any help wud be appreciated.
inky_dinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 AM   #100
Tech Addict

Quote:
hey John, If ever i were to run, it would be Pro-stock electric; I was at the WRAM Show and saw Team Walbern's booth & bought their display kit. I got discouraged/frustrated after about four lesser succesful runs as practice in a freshly paved parkin' lot-by succesful I mean I didn't wreck , so no need to order any parts. The walbern guys have Great "comroderie" - they'd like to see me run atleast at some races-they're supportive! My car is bone stock; regrettably i was using a speedo(not the micro switch given in my kit) and a 10T trinity motor with seven cells. keepin' the car straight is tough. The guy I met @ E-town put me on to that spot on route 9 in that parking lot in NJ.may be this spring i may head down there.
-greg
I hope you come out and run with us and If you need any help I would be happy to help. Also Speedpro1 is a 6 cell world champ and he holds world records in six cells he would be perfect to talk too on helping you set up your car.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #101
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_dinkz
hey john,
i run an xray t2 with a mamba 7700,recently bought a trakpower 4900 lipo.
i can feel the power but i cant see the speed.i just like goin up and down my street chasing real cars.long story short i just wana go fast with what iv got. i dnt wana go balistic and buy a drag car although after reading this thread its re ignited my spark since im a speed freak so im considering it. so can u give me any suggestions on wat i cud do without having to go to far. the microswitch setup is sumthing ive never seen b4 but i dnt see how it wud benefit me if i recon its just goin to clock the same as my brushless although im itching to try it with my tamiya f103gt since iv never dared to use it with my brushless. and the fact that its a 2 wheel with direct drive freaks me out if veers outta control on my street. iv tried gearing my t2 as much as i can but im scared i mite blow my speedy and motor.lately iv been researching what body to get to get the best aero.so far its the pro stock to get.iv looked everywhere especially rccaraction for info on drag racing/speed runs with just a 1/10 tc and the closest iv got was u and ur tc3. any help wud be appreciated.
Hello, Well you can run what you have we just need to find the right gearing for dragracing if you give me your final drive ratio I can come up with a good gearing for your set up. PM me with the info. and I will use my gear chart and give you gearing you can use with your current set up. I'm glad to help. Take care...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #102
Tech Regular

thanks john,
This summer may be another great one.To run with konwledgable people (vs. alone ) is always better.
thanks again
-greg
Old 04-19-2007, 04:40 AM   #103
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you need help with setup i can help ya no problem... i run 6 cell cars.. and i have tuned some fast 8-10 cell cars so ask away.... albie
speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #104
Tech Addict

Hey Speedpro1, I'm glad you back on the thread, How is your new drag car coming along? Do you have any pics.? What's new? Did you get my PM? If you still want that reciever batt. it's slightly taller than the one you saw in my promod. Let me know, it's your's if you want it. Take Care...
Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Quote:
thanks john,
This summer may be another great one.To run with konwledgable people (vs. alone ) is always better.
thanks again
-greg
I hope you do come out and run with us this year,and if you need any help just ask, I will be happy to help you or anyone else set up there cars. Drag racing is a fun sport if you are just looking for insane speed with a burst of raw power, this is the sport to get into. I love drag racing and speed run's. Then comes everything else in this hobby. I just finished re-setting my camaro you see in my avatar, I put it down to 7 cells from 14 cells. I just want it to be my hustle car, to race some 1/10 touring cars and some 1/8 on roads for money. When people see a bunch of cells in your car they don't want to race you, they get scared. So if you put a normal amount of cells you have a good chance on catching a victim with a big mouth willing to race for money. Also you don't need a million cells to be fast. You just need the right set up that works for both you and your car. Well, I hope to hear from you guy's soon. TAKE CARE...