R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I can help you go fast with your TC3. Tell me what you working with and we can take it from there...
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #77
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
6 cells....i doubt ill be going out to tracks anytime soon so i guess just for parking lots
We can go fast on 6 cells to start but we need a 25 amp microswitch with a servo. What motors do you have? We can take the car and knock off weight run a switch set up I got the gearing that works for that car. AND MORE.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Believe me I got alot of combos for the TC3 ask Ray and anybody that knows me and the cars I run.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #79
Tech Addict

I've been dragracing Tc3s since 2001. I like making those cars sleepers. If set up right they can be fast and fun...
Old 04-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #80
Tech Addict

I've been having fun with my 7 cell set up on one of my TC3s. The car is quick and I have an up coming race this friday nite with a friend of mine that has a PRO4 with lipo and brushless set up. I've beat him before but he did some upgrades and now he feels he can beat me. I will video it and post it up for you guys to see even if I lose but the chances of me losing are slim. I beat him before but he beat me once the magnets on my motor went dead so he took the win.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #81
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
I've been having fun with my 7 cell set up on one of my TC3s. The car is quick and I have an up coming race this friday nite with a friend of mine that has a PRO4 with lipo and brushless set up. I've beat him before but he did some upgrades and now he feels he can beat me. I will video it and post it up for you guys to see even if I lose but the chances of me losing are slim. I beat him before but he beat me once the magnets on my motor went dead so he took the win.
I had an old beat motor.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Well guys got to go if you got any more questions pm me and we take things from there. Later Guys...
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #83
Tech Apprentice

yeah jon it will be really helpful if you can post up some pics/ vids of your drag cars and also maybe a lil "how to" with the micro switches.....i know how to wire one up but for those who dont know how the system works vs. speedos
slicvicpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 AM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
yeah jon it will be really helpful if you can post up some pics/ vids of your drag cars and also maybe a lil "how to" with the micro switches.....i know how to wire one up but for those who dont know how the system works vs. speedos
No problem...
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #85
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah i seen 2 of johns tc3s run.. he got some work in them thats for sure.... yeah john i read you pms at work .. man that gearing you said is plain crazy you had in the tc3.... i can imagine the sound it made.... im starting to gear up and get ready for cali.... hey john where can i get a spektrum pro set up at for a good price? i like the new mini reciever they have there like 6 grams... albie
speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #86
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpro1
yeah i seen 2 of johns tc3s run.. he got some work in them thats for sure.... yeah john i read you pms at work .. man that gearing you said is plain crazy you had in the tc3.... i can imagine the sound it made.... im starting to gear up and get ready for cali.... hey john where can i get a spektrum pro set up at for a good price? i like the new mini reciever they have there like 6 grams... albie
I will find out for you on the new mini reciever and pro set up. I will make a call to my people and see if they can get there hands on it or got one in stock. I will try I will call today before 5pm. I got to do some running around and since bruckner hobbies is a 4 minute drive from my house I will talk to the guys I know there too. I got to go up in that direction today any way so I will stop in for you Speedpro1. And as for the tc3 when it was brushless I would do it all over again but lipo this time and the same gearing I told you about, talk about mph!!! I will pm you later with the info on that radio set up. Talk to you later Speedpro1.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #87
Tech Addict

Het Speedpro1, I'm thinking to go brushless on my TC3 for dragracing not for speed runs. Lipo too!!! What do you think? I have two Tc3s left to play with. I had 6 of them but I sold the rest of them and sold one to my cousin then he bought another one from me because he found out I was getting rid of the one he always wanted, I sold another one to my friend that I'm racing against with his PRO4 and one car as a parts car theres only half left of it in parts. It's my cousins fault he got me back into the hobby real heavy in 2001. Then I started to work of AHC and I went crazy with this hobby. But I have been doing R/C cars since I was 7 years old. My older cousin and my father got my started in this hobby in the mid 80s. So I'm not new to this game. Speed runs and dragracing is what I love doing. Real cars too. I'm a retired street racer, But big on the dragracing scene with a bunch of my friends that build drag cars. Then I got the other hobbies, Too many hobbies not enough time and money R/C cars is just one of the many hobbies I have. I'm also working on restoring my 1983 VW RABBIT GTI. Then once thats finished I'm going to build up another RX7 for drag racing and buy another VW Beetle too. I had a 68 bug and a 82 mazda rx7 and I lost both cars when I caught my case in 1998 and when I came home in 2001 I had to start over. Now I am a retired street racer and a family man. I'm just trying to stay out of trouble and enjoy my r/c cars and my many other hobbies... R/c drag racing is fun for me I like to see guys go fast with these cars. I like the fact that this hobby has evolved to what it is today. When you look back the hobby is totally different then what it was back in the day. In good ways and bad ways. But its still fun and its probably something I see myself doing when I get old too. Take Care Guys...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #88
Tech Addict

Hey speedpro1, Are you going to be setting up the tree any time soon???
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Hey, Guys. Anyone building up any new drag cars???
Old 04-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #90
Tech Initiate

im gonna put 12 cells in my supergas car
mangobanana is offline   Reply With Quote