R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2007, 07:13 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpro1
yeah it scares me to think about pulling the trigger since you know in the back of your mind if you hit something bye bye car.....

man put some 3800s or 4200s in that tc3 and it will be uncontrollable especially with 7 cells... i put my 6 cell supergas setup in my tc3 and just going down the street the car would lift off the ground and blow over..

cool you going to florida to help out with the girls parents... id love to go out there for a minute...

yes i saw the 1.46 and i congratulated him.. im going to cali in june for the nats to run with them guys.. i hear there itching to run there 6 cell cars against my little ole 6 cell car....

i emaild you my number call me up some time... albie
I do have 4200s for my TC3 but I have too pick them up from a friend this week. He owed me some money so I told him to pick up some 4200 cells for me. Thats my plan to put it in my TC3 and Yes the TC3 is running a microswitch set up too. Also if you go to cali. you going to put a hurting on them boys in the 6 cell class. At the most maybe one person may give you a run but my opinion is that they ain't gonna beat you, and you'll break a new record while you at it. Thats what I see happening. You gonna give them boys a classic #ss whipping. Take Care Speedpro1
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Quote:
yeah it scares me to think about pulling the trigger since you know in the back of your mind if you hit something bye bye car.....

man put some 3800s or 4200s in that tc3 and it will be uncontrollable especially with 7 cells... i put my 6 cell supergas setup in my tc3 and just going down the street the car would lift off the ground and blow over..

cool you going to florida to help out with the girls parents... id love to go out there for a minute...

yes i saw the 1.46 and i congratulated him.. im going to cali in june for the nats to run with them guys.. i hear there itching to run there 6 cell cars against my little ole 6 cell car....

i emaild you my number call me up some time... albie
My Tc3 blew over once when it had a 7x2 with the 2400s 7cell, it blew over while racing with my friends PRO4 I beat him but after running him down on the top end of the track the car went air born about 6 feet up it looked like my car took off like a plane swear to god ask my wife and my friend, It was cool and I thought I broke something but I didn't!!! What are the chances of that happening??? I wish I would of had my wife video that run...
Old 03-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Hey Speedpro1, What rollout you use for 6 cells? And Motor timing? And the number of turn armature?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NIce... howd the race turn out? yeah i had my car do it a few times go airborn and i didnt break anything either but mine had a novak esc in it...

man them cali boys cant wait to race me as i hear so i bet there gonna be ready for me and i always give my respect to others so it will be a great race, last time i ran last years car she went 1.85 just shy of 77 mph and the car weights like a pig.. i needed to drop about 3 ounces off the car to even pair up with the other guy weight so i know she would have went alot faster.. the 07 car im getting from gms will have some changes and it will be 3 ounces lighter.... so we will see..... albie
speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Quote:
NIce... howd the race turn out? yeah i had my car do it a few times go airborn and i didnt break anything either but mine had a novak esc in it...

man them cali boys cant wait to race me as i hear so i bet there gonna be ready for me and i always give my respect to others so it will be a great race, last time i ran last years car she went 1.85 just shy of 77 mph and the car weights like a pig.. i needed to drop about 3 ounces off the car to even pair up with the other guy weight so i know she would have went alot faster.. the 07 car im getting from gms will have some changes and it will be 3 ounces lighter.... so we will see..... albie
You'll beat them cali. boys bad, 6 cell class is your home ain't no one gonna beat you , you made that class what it is today. And you are coming out faster this year. I think you will break into the 1.7s this year!!! As a world record in 6 cells!!! As for the race that was suppose to go down friday nite , It didn't happen. My friend had an emergency at the last minute so the last thing on our minds was racing. But we talked yesterday and the race will be going down on sat. nite before the UFC payperview fights come on. So its race nite and fight nite. But for sure I will let you guys know how the race goes, I will post the video clip on the pro4 thread because thats where my friend has been smack talking me and he is racing me with a pro4. I'm gonna try to pick up and build up my 4200s before the race. Let's see what happens...
Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #51
Tech Addict

I picked up the IB 4200s and all I need to do is build them up. I'm going to put them in my sleeper TC3. Hopefully I get to build them before the week is over. I ordered some more solder wire from tower hobbies so I can get the batts. together before that race I'm having with my friend this week. As it stands the race is going down friday night I thought it was on for saturday nite but he announced it for friday nite. If I get those 4200s in before the race he's done!!! Yes I've beaten him with the 2400s but I lost once to him because the magnets on my motor died so he got lucky that night. It won't happen again. I haven't lost to any nitros on a heads up race and I hope to keep it that way. I lost once to my Best friends PRO4 but it won't happen again. If it's a clean heads up drag race he will lose...
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #52
Tech Initiate

Default I wanna build one.....

hey guys.... it seems my motor skills for some ciruit work are somewhat lacking so i'm now loking at just straight line speed. what would generally be required? would a particular model be best suited, i have a tt-01 which is more than ready to hit something rather fast. any help with motors, gearing would be real helpful... cheers...
DirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkB
hey guys.... it seems my motor skills for some ciruit work are somewhat lacking so i'm now loking at just straight line speed. what would generally be required? would a particular model be best suited, i have a tt-01 which is more than ready to hit something rather fast. any help with motors, gearing would be real helpful... cheers...
Try building something new, You want to go fast. Right? Well check out Grandmotorsports.com, Rae drag motors its on the Grandmotorsports home page on the links, Check out r/c drags and r/c rods.com, You can also speak with Speedpro1 he builds custom motors too. Team walbern has some electric drag chassis too. Depending on how many cells you plan to run the combinations are always a little bit different. So look at the chassis you want to build on and then take it from there. A TT-01 wouldn't be a good platform to drag with because the gearing is so limited, I mean you can but with the money you spend on it you could of built something alot faster. I use the TC3 because the gearing isn't limited and I have been using that chassis for years and I found ways to go fast with it. I build it as a sleeper to run up against nitro cars it's a fun runner. I think I own the lightest TC3 out there, I cut and chopped off alot of weight and the car is running 7 cells with a microswitch set up which we use in drag racing. With any car it can be done but some cars just have limitations. So if you are into building a sleeper or a all out drag car go for it but just find a chassis that doesn't reach it's limitations quickly. Good Luck and Take Care...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #54
DKB
Tech Adept

Default FUNNY

OREO - LOVE THAT AVATARA MATE

END OF FIRST PAGE
DKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #55
Tech Addict

It's Electric or Nothing... GOT VOLTS???
Old 04-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #56
Tech Apprentice

TRJ ....where do you race? ...i live in the bronx
slicvicpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
TRJ ....where do you race? ...i live in the bronx
I show face at gunhill when need be. I live by bruckner hobbies. I race in N.J. when they set the tree up on route 17 north or when speedpro1 sets up his tree in N.J.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #58
Tech Addict

I street race here in the bronx when I get those big mouths that swear there cars are fast. If you race and bin in the rc game for years then there is a good chance you have seen me before...
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #59
Tech Addict

I'm known for my electric TC3s and I worked for AHC for 5 1/2 years before we closed shop before the new year...
Old 04-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

i worked for megatech for a couple of months and knew this guy tony who used to be into drags .....but mostly nitro ....i would like to get into drag racing cause i got tired of driving out to long island to race on carpet
slicvicpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote