R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey trj how you been we met last year at target when i set my track up right?? its john right? you had the cute little daughter with you if im right???

6 cell is my passion... im finishing up my new funnycar im building to test with as well as i got to order my new 2007 gms11 to run this year... im doing good been testing some new motor setups and ready to get a jump on some new performance...

albie
speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpro1
hey trj how you been we met last year at target when i set my track up right?? its john right? you had the cute little daughter with you if im right???

6 cell is my passion... im finishing up my new funnycar im building to test with as well as i got to order my new 2007 gms11 to run this year... im doing good been testing some new motor setups and ready to get a jump on some new performance...

albie
Yes, You are right. How are You? Thats cool that you are testing new motor set ups. I hope you break new records in any class you run in. You have a fan here!!! That's great that you are back! So will you be running at E-Town this year? I will be there. I already reserved a room at the Howard Johnson Hotel for the weekend of the event. It's about 12 miles from E-Town. Please let me know if you gonna be setting up your tree in Jersey. I would like to test my promod on your tree, after Mark Price paints the body for me. I will pm my # so we can talk. Take Care SpeedPro1...
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
Yes, You are right. How are You? Thats cool that you are testing new motor set ups. I hope you break new records in any class you run in. You have a fan here!!! That's great that you are back! So will you be running at E-Town this year? I will be there. I already reserved a room at the Howard Johnson Hotel for the weekend of the event. It's about 12 miles from E-Town. Please let me know if you gonna be setting up your tree in Jersey. I would like to test my promod on your tree, after Mark Price paints the body for me. I will pm my # so we can talk. Take Care SpeedPro1...
When do they have r/c drags at etown?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray
When do they have r/c drags at etown?
It's posted on R/C Rods web site on the schedule the dates are July27,28,and 29th. Friday-sunday. Hope to see you there...
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #35
Tech Adept

thanks for the kind words john.. we deffinitly got to get together and hang out..you got any places in ny we can set up and not get in trouble???
man a promod you got .. cant wait to see it... right now im in the works with a new body just getting the former worked out and gonna make my ne AGRESSOR body... ill pm you my number also... albie
Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Quote:
thanks for the kind words john.. we deffinitly got to get together and hang out..you got any places in ny we can set up and not get in trouble???
man a promod you got .. cant wait to see it... right now im in the works with a new body just getting the former worked out and gonna make my ne AGRESSOR body... ill pm you my number also... albie
Hey Albie, If I find a good spot to set up in N.Y. I will let you know for sure... I can't wait to see your new 6 cell monster for 07. I can't wait to see the new Agressor body you are working on. Are you building any other monster dragcars? Promod, Extreme, Prostock???
Old 03-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #37
Tech Adept

big derrick from maryland run prostock so we work on it as a team and i really dont want to run in the same class .. but yeah im working on the new funnycar ... gonna call it the TWILIGHT ZONE funny car.... what about you john promod all you going for???
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
big derrick from maryland run prostock so we work on it as a team and i really dont want to run in the same class .. but yeah im working on the new funnycar ... gonna call it the TWILIGHT ZONE funny car.... what about you john promod all you going for???
Promod is the only class right now I'm going to run in but in the future I will build a nice extreme short wheelbase dragcar. I just want to focus on the promod, I can't spend too much money this year because I'm moving out of N.Y. to Florida in the beginning of 2008. When I settle in I will continue to race out at Titusville FL. So I won't be out the game for long. Just have too deal with a life change. Gotta go to Florida to give my little girl a better life and take care of my Wifes parents they are old and out there by them selves. But the drag racing won't stop.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #39
Tech Addict

I can't wait to see the monsters of 07 you built.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Quote:
I can't wait to see it, I guess you will be running in the 1.5s.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Hey Albie, Did you hear about Jim The rainman runing 1.46 with a brushless set up? It's posted on rc drags on the rc dragracing discussion forum. Check it out.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #42
Tech Addict

I have a race tonite with a friend of mine. It's my TC3 sleeper on 7cells vs.His HPI PRO4 brushless with lipo. I've beat him before but he did some upgrades and he feels he has a chance against my infamous sleeper. I have a brushed set up. 8x2 flat wire,1.5 rollout, 7cells 2400 nicads, car weighs in at 48.48oz. complete. Speedpro1 it was one of the two TC3s I ran on your tree last summer. It's quicker now. It's my street racer for the big mouths up here.

Last edited by trjracing; 03-30-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #43
Tech Addict

And the pic you see in my avatar that one is 14cells strong,68 camaro body, That is a street and strip car I built for fun. I could run the 132ft. or the mile run with it. Just in case a 1/8 on road calls me out. Then I have my legal promod built by the rule book for the 132ft. only. I have another project in the making but its gonna take some time to finish, If I finish it soon it will run at the track.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #44
Tech Addict

As for my promod, I don't expect to break any records but just be compeitive. I'm hoping to run at least in the low 1.7s. if I go faster that would be great... We will see Albie first hand what my promod would do once the body is finished. I don't expect to win the promod class but run respectable numbers on the tree and beat a few nitros along the way.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #45
Tech Adept

yeah it scares me to think about pulling the trigger since you know in the back of your mind if you hit something bye bye car.....

man put some 3800s or 4200s in that tc3 and it will be uncontrollable especially with 7 cells... i put my 6 cell supergas setup in my tc3 and just going down the street the car would lift off the ground and blow over..

cool you going to florida to help out with the girls parents... id love to go out there for a minute...

yes i saw the 1.46 and i congratulated him.. im going to cali in june for the nats to run with them guys.. i hear there itching to run there 6 cell cars against my little ole 6 cell car....

i emaild you my number call me up some time... albie