R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #181
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
How about 1.2 sec ? You be the judge........

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ver&id=5650965
It wasn't a clean pass but I'll take it for what it's worth. Sounds good for now. I think if that car would of laid all that power down it would of ran in the 1.1's but I still think he should of ran a few more passes to really back up that number. I think it's time for the nitro guy's to convert over to electric.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 AM   #182
Tech Addict

It look's like it's game over for nitro...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #183
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd want to see the time slip on that, he jumped over the sensors at the end, so how did they know he ran a 1.2???
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnelli97 View Post
I'd want to see the time slip on that, he jumped over the sensors at the end, so how did they know he ran a 1.2???
I think that was the MPH sensor. He had no MPH on that run.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #185
Tech Adept

I dunno, it was an IMDRA event and there is no info about it on their website? the 1.2 thread is dead. I'm just upset because it's the same idea I had and I'm waiting on parts. I was shooting for 1.2, and now I'll have to shoot for 1.1. Dang that'll be fast.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 AM   #186
Tech Addict

Quote:
You are right they should of posted up that time slip and make him back that e.t. up. You could still get a time slip for that pass. I had a time slip that gave me an e.t. but no mph because I ramped my car too the same way you saw in that vid clip... You are right too because there is nothing on the IMDRA site stating he made that pass. I take it for what it's worth, I believe 1.2's isn't impossible, I think it can be done if the set up is right and the track conditions are perfect...

Last edited by trjracing; 09-12-2007 at 06:54 AM.
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #187
Tech Adept

Yeah he only landed upside down, didn't look like much damage. But even if he couldn't back it up, post the official results.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #188
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah he only landed upside down, didn't look like much damage. But even if he couldn't back it up, post the official results.
I'm with you on that one!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #189
Tech Addict

Quote:
I dunno, it was an IMDRA event and there is no info about it on their website? the 1.2 thread is dead. I'm just upset because it's the same idea I had and I'm waiting on parts. I was shooting for 1.2, and now I'll have to shoot for 1.1. Dang that'll be fast.
Go for it, still do it just aim for a better E.T. it's not impossible to run in the 1.1's or 1.0's is just finding the right set up with programing with brushless and lipo and track conditions will have to be in your favor too. Go for it you have nothing to lose, we need someone to go into NO Man's Land... Thumbs up to you for just trying.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #190
Tech Adept

Where can I get a good high downforce wing for my rail? And where can I buy the part that attaches the wire that holds up the wing, to the chassis? I've looked at the 1/8 high downforce off road wings and they look promising, Also the new one coming out from associated later this month looks good, but where can I get one now?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 AM   #191
Tech Addict

Quote:
Where can I get a good high downforce wing for my rail? And where can I buy the part that attaches the wire that holds up the wing, to the chassis? I've looked at the 1/8 high downforce off road wings and they look promising, Also the new one coming out from associated later this month looks good, but where can I get one now?
Contact Grandmotorsports, Mike Olgle can set you up with one. Mike did it for me when I needed a complete wing set for my GMS rail. Let me check my box, I may have two sets one new and one look's new but slighty used. I will pm you when I find them.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #192
Tech Addict

Well now that 1.2's has been reached and of course possible, How many of you guy's feel brushless with lipo will hit in the sub second club?

Last edited by trjracing; 10-02-2007 at 06:31 AM.
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #193
Tech Adept

In the photos section of Big Squid there is a photo of a rail car with a mono wing tower, I'm going to see if I can attach it or not. Does anyone know where to buy this? or is it homemade?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:06 AM   #194
Tech Addict

Quote:
In the photos section of Big Squid there is a photo of a rail car with a mono wing tower, I'm going to see if I can attach it or not. Does anyone know where to buy this? or is it homemade?
It looks homemade but I'm not sure. I could be wrong.