R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana
i ran my supergas car with a promod set up... talk about fast
and the western nats takes place from june 1-3 at norcal hobbies home of the NCDA
A supergas with a promod setup What a big power jump.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #137
Tech Initiate

well the western nats was fun with really great people
mangobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #138
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana View Post
well the western nats was fun with really great people
Did anyone break any records? Did you guys get to see any 1.4 passes? Speedpro1 was there too...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #139
Tech Initiate

no new records set but it was fun and yea albie's a really cool helpful guy
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #140
Tech Initiate

it was pretty cool getting to meet everybody like albie,rainman,and pat mcdonald
Old 06-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #141
Tech Addict

That's Great, I wish I could of been there with you guy's...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #142
Tech Initiate

so hows your promod
Old 06-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #143
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangobanana View Post
so hows your promod
It's coming along great, I just need too make a few test passes and make final adjustments, probably in the next two weeks I will test it and tune it so it could be ready for E-TOWN. Thank's for asking.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #144
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know this should probably go in the wanted thread, however I think it would get a better focused response here, I'm looking for a used rail chassis. GMS would be nice but if you have a few old ones laying around let me know. I need something reasonable because I may be building a low flying missile instead of a drag car. It pretty much has to be expendable. I've found some industrial gear my dad uses at work that can provide me with between 60 and 80v with a rapid discharge... It may be fast, and it may explode.... I'm not sure yet.
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 AM   #145
Tech Addict

Hey guy's, I got two questions for you fellow dragracers, Do you think that brushless and lipo will take over our sport? Or do you think brushed motors with sub c's still has a chance to stay alive in the sport? I want to hear what you guy's have to say on this...
Old 08-31-2007, 05:56 AM   #146
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnelli97 View Post
I know this should probably go in the wanted thread, however I think it would get a better focused response here, I'm looking for a used rail chassis. GMS would be nice but if you have a few old ones laying around let me know. I need something reasonable because I may be building a low flying missile instead of a drag car. It pretty much has to be expendable. I've found some industrial gear my dad uses at work that can provide me with between 60 and 80v with a rapid discharge... It may be fast, and it may explode.... I'm not sure yet.
If you are looking for a used gms rail go to r/c rods and go to the forums and go to the for sale forum and there is a few used drag cars there if I'm not mistaken there is two rails for sale still. Try it out and see what happens. Good Luck...
Old 08-31-2007, 05:58 AM   #147
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

IMO, as long as the voltages are different from pack and cell configurations currently being raced, LiPos don't have much room in drag racing, outside of the Unlimited and Bracket classes. And I am a HUGE LiPo proponent in other forms of racing.

Brushless will be a great option with companies who make ESCs that can handle high voltages (read: not Novak) again in Bracket and Unlimited classes. But for tuning and improving motors in a sport where you are trying to improve and not run the exact same ETs every time, you will need and want the ability to tune and improve your powerplant. At this point, brushless does not offer that.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:01 AM   #148
Tech Addict

I feel that brushless and lipo has earned a place in dragracing but I still believe that sub c's and brushed motors will still stay alive in this sport.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:08 AM   #149
Tech Addict

Being that brushless broke into the 1.4's this year with lipo it did shift everyones attention to brushless and lipo but on that note too you have guy's running 1.50's on ten cells brushed which is very close to that 1.45 and 1.42 passes that ran with a 14.8v lipo on a 30 oz. rail, and you have ten cell brushed drag cars running 1.50'[email protected] 46+oz. the gap between the two isn't that far apart.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #150
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing View Post
Being that brushless broke into the 1.4's this year with lipo
Nic Case broke the 1.3 with a lipo/BL setup. I have a question tho, what is the lightest receiver battery?
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote