Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT TC3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default FT TC3

Hi guys, im new here so thought i'd say hello and ask my first question.

I have a FT TC3 and was basically wondering if you guys could tell me about it? What does it have that the other versions don't?

Thanks alot guys, louis
Old 01-31-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Welcome to the forum.
Here is a good site to read about the tc3 - http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...TC3/kittc3.htm

Cheers
Old 01-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

its a first "era" touring car and was a world beater in its day.
things in design and devolpment have moved on some what.
still lots of fun to be had !!!!! enjoy it!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Someone was running a tc3 last year in a big meet and won. I can' t remember who or what. his TC3 had a few mods, but the tc3 is still a very cometitive chassis.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

The top driver at my club still runs a tc3 with a tub chassis in 27t class and no one can touch him, not even a couple of guys who regularly do the nationals. I still run my tc3 which i have had for about 3 years now and i'm usually in the top 10 even against cyclones T2 and MI2's. The tc3 is a great car for you start to learn with.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Ive had some good results with mine, but it has aged a fair bit now as it was released around 2001 I think, since then the tc4 has come out and the new belt driven car is out pretty soon too.

Its not cost me a great deal in parts and upgrades over 5 years, but, as with any car make sure you dont wrench the screws up too hard on it or they will strip quickly.

I've since switched to a tamiya ta05, but may still use the tc3 sometimes
Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Are you going to be racing with it?

Cheers
Old 02-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm not sure about racing yet, I used to be into nitro off road a while back but decided to go a bit more reliable with electric. The main problem i've been having with the TC3 is the front hub carriers! is it just me? or are they rubbish? the threads inside keep stripping and the bottom screws keeping coming undone? i've got ally ones now but the screws are still a problem.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lou_TC3
I'm not sure about racing yet, I used to be into nitro off road a while back but decided to go a bit more reliable with electric. The main problem i've been having with the TC3 is the front hub carriers! is it just me? or are they rubbish? the threads inside keep stripping and the bottom screws keeping coming undone? i've got ally ones now but the screws are still a problem.
I have found the same to be true. I use losi ones for the xxx-s. they seem to do better. and also, i just snug them up and not try to get them tight.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lou_TC3

Yes, I think with some cars you cannot feel the end point of doing a screw up into its thread and this can be annoying. The tc3 is not for the racer who wrenches their car hard, you have to wrench gently with the screws on them, seeing how much of the stem of the screw is still protruding, then wrench slower until the majority of the screw has gone in, then stop...

Even though it is tempting to think it needs a few more turns! ...

The front hubs are prone to being the first thing to break when you smack the barriers too, as well as the cvd pins breaking the composite cvds if you run them. (Yes, I have had experience of this myself... )
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

It is best to run the XXX-S hub carriers and hubs