R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2007, 02:26 AM   #466
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I'd love to see the Mi4 or Mi3 "R" type. A rear motor mounted Mi3. Something like a LOsi JRX-S Type 3, but witht he Mi3 materials, colors, beauty, engineering..WOW. the car of the future. I am sure a car like that would be easier to drive and faster, better balanced than the current side motor set ups...Xray should have kept on developing the T1R car, instead of just copying the side motor set-up popular now. Props to Losi for perseveering withir design and polishing it. The MI3R should be perfect car...better balanced than the current side motor set ups....so how about it?
The side motor setup is used because it is the best compromise, all components are tightly packaged for a low polar moment and low cg. Left right weight is easy to get by moving components in out as long as we are not talking about lipo. The Losi have yet to prove that their layout is an improvement on the others, but I don't belive it is the way to go.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #467
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
There are several racers at our track that have already pre-ordered the MI3. This car has defiently turned alot of heads.

Later,
that is very true and i am one of them
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #468
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydo
yeah
I was surprised how close I got it too look when I was working on it in Illustrator.
Thats ok, I don't want it to be NEW but look very similiar using something else other than that black box it is now.
I do want to go really different with the Mi3 logo. I am working on that now.
I like the bottom right....I want a set when you print them.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #469
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I'd love to see the Mi4 or Mi3 "R" type. A rear motor mounted Mi3. Something like a LOsi JRX-S Type 3, but witht he Mi3 materials, colors, beauty, engineering..WOW. the car of the future. I am sure a car like that would be easier to drive and faster, better balanced than the current side motor set ups...Xray should have kept on developing the T1R car, instead of just copying the side motor set-up popular now. Props to Losi for perseveering withir design and polishing it. The MI3R should be perfect car...better balanced than the current side motor set ups....so how about it?
Having had a couple of people I know run the JRX-S I can't see it as an improvement, the theory is fine, i.e. everything on the centre line, but this means wide diff's short wishbones etc.
The worst part of the original JRX-S was the diff carriers not being made of alloy, if your the sort of driver that hits things it's game over very quickly, and probably damage to the diffs as well.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
The side motor setup is used because it is the best compromise, all components are tightly packaged for a low polar moment and low cg. Left right weight is easy to get by moving components in out as long as we are not talking about lipo. The Losi have yet to prove that their layout is an improvement on the others, but I don't belive it is the way to go.
The JRX-S R did very well at the snowbirds...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins
Having had a couple of people I know run the JRX-S I can't see it as an improvement, the theory is fine, i.e. everything on the centre line, but this means wide diff's short wishbones etc.
The worst part of the original JRX-S was the diff carriers not being made of alloy, if your the sort of driver that hits things it's game over very quickly, and probably damage to the diffs as well.

Skiddins
I agree that JRX-s had its weaknesses, however, now with the TYpe R, most of those issues are gone. It did very well at snowbirds, and seems just some much easier to get balanced than the side motor set ups. If it was refined, with Xray/Schmumacher type design, I'm sure theid come up with a car all will copy and want- and it will run great , also...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #472
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins

Skiddins
I have yet to damage a diff with the plastic bulkheads in my JRXS and I have hit some stuff pretty hard. Only thing that is really fragile is the arms but what car doesn't break arms. I have damaged wheel bearings from hard side hits but again I think you could do that with any car. First car was not bad, just not good for Mod from what I understand. I only run stock and 19t. The new car looks good and appears to be there now. I mean Dumas did TQ Mod this weekend with it. Once it is available to more people I think most will be impressed with it. Mike just needs to make a clean main in it and I am sure he will get it in the winner podium.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #473
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Well back from the birds...WOW, what a great race! This years Birds was the best yet with a great schedule.

The Mi3 ran very well for it's very first carpet race with zero testing previous to this race. I must admit the car was MUCH better than me and I personally didn't do the car justice I've always struggled racing on foams, but even with my poor performance many racers noticed how well the car worked on the track; thank you Hara for the encouraging words

The car had WAY more steering and cornerspeed compared to the previous Schumachers. It also responded much better to setup changes which is very important on carpet/foam.

I was also very happy that I had zero parts failures up until the 19T main (rear hub). I didn't get a chance to fix the car in time for my mod main

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #474
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

The basics of my setup:

Front
60wt/3 hole
AE 30lb
4* block/flat pins
no swaybar
Parma Magenta/sidewalls glued

Rear
35wt/3 hole
AE 20lb
2* rear toe-in
no swaybar
Parma Magenta

2.5mm chassis
Mid-flex top-deck
Checkpoint 7x1

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #475
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Paul:

Hi,

Congrats on C main in 19t foam. it seems 19t foam was stacked. for not running foam/carpet and running a new car I think you did great!!!
also thanks for posting your setup so soon.
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #476
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good job running an un tested car at one of the biggest races in the world. I can't wait to get my hands on this car.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #477
Tech Master

Jon:

Hi,

Hope your getting over your cold. and I'll be getting a Mi3 also. indoor season will be over soon but I'll have one (or two) for next season.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #478
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimXLB
Paul:

Hi,

Congrats on C main in 19t foam. it seems 19t foam was stacked. for not running foam/carpet and running a new car I think you did great!!!
also thanks for posting your setup so soon.
Yeah. Did a great job considering you almost never run foams and then throw in a brand new car. Wow what a tough thing to do.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #479
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimXLB
Jon:

Hi,

Hope your getting over your cold. and I'll be getting a Mi3 also. indoor season will be over soon but I'll have one (or two) for next season.

Thanks
Thanks. I wish it was just a cold. Bronchitis sucks! Oh well.

Glad to hear you're going with Schumacher. I've got a feeling a lot of people who wouldn't have even tried a Schumacher before will be making a switch in the next 3 or 4 months. Any help you need, you know where to come.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #480
Tech Master

Jon:

Hi,

I'm really sorry you have Bronchitis. I know how bad that can get. I hope you get over it soon.
I ran Shumacher years ago. then switched brands a few times and ended up with XRay. I'll be going back to Shumacher for next indoor season for sure.

Thanks