Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #361
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by joamu
Hey Guys,

I have recently heard that some of you guys (Team Schumacher) are using the HB Front End Steering parts.

I have had the information from a german guy,

I was just wondering if this is correct and if so, how does the car handle after the change.
We tested that once at the IFMAR Worlds and once on foam. Since then we have gone back to all stock front pieces with better results.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #362
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joamu
As Teemu Leino once said, softer springs with swaybars is faster then stiffer springs without.

You can nowadays very clearly see that all of the top drivers are using swaybars. Just look at the pictures.

The car is a lot easier to drive and also more predictable. Funny enough Martin Hudy, whom I know from driving since he comes regularly to Austria has never been using swaybars - until Teemu joined the Team.

Suddenly they changed their minds.
Xray announced on Nov 14. that Teemu joined the team ( http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...a=976&catName= )

Martin Hudy posted his setup sheet from the Team Orion speed weekend on Oct 23. That setup shows the swaybars. On the same race Grosskamp used the sway bars. I'm not saying you aren't right but the stuff above shows that they had good results with sway bars before Teemu showed up.

Just something on-topic here:
Are you guys going to post setups somewhere to an official place or here in the forum once available?
I like the new car a lot, but I don't have the time nor the skills to find a good setup for it. I have an xray and I find it priceless to be able to log on their site and dowload countless setups from teamdrivers. It saved me a lot of time and headache (I mean for e. g. what's the point to try kickup in the front when nobody else uses it )
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #363
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
...but on normal pro-level competion surfaces, you have to have them if you want the edge. See xary forums and check out the set up sheets. Even in stock and 19t they have swaybars for all set ups...
You Fla guys have to remember not everyone runs on asphalt... you see very few carpet foam XRays with sway bars. YES there are a few that use them on ocassion but to say "Even in stock and 19t they have swaybars for all set ups..." is just not true.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
You Fla guys have to remember not everyone runs on asphalt... you see very few carpet foam XRays with sway bars. YES there are a few that use them on ocassion but to say "Even in stock and 19t they have swaybars for all set ups..." is just not true.
Actually, I think MOST guys run a bar up front on foams. The car has so much steering it would be difficult to drive without one...

Although PL didn't run one at the Novak...but he doesn't count! He's a freak!! LOL!!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #365
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man, when did this become the frickin' Xray thread???

I'm seeing the word Xray more than anything about the car the thread is based around. Who cares what people run on their Xray!?! Let them run what they want, pay for what they want if its not included, and be happy with it.

Let's just get back to Schumacher and the Mi3 here.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #366
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL
PaulW/ AdrianM.

Greetings,

have you had the Mi3 on foams on carpet???? (28mm) if so were there any issuses with rim width??? (i.e. spring reainers hitting rims etc)...

Thank you for your time and answers

Fluri
I think this question kinda got lost in all that other stuff, so I figured I'd bump it up. And unlike that other junk, its actually usful and deserves to be addressed.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #367
Tech Regular

Default exact release date in the uk

PaulW/ AdrianM. do you know yet the exact release date for the mi3 in the uk?
cheers
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #368
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Man, when did this become the frickin' Xray thread???

I'm seeing the word Xray more than anything about the car the thread is based around. Who cares what people run on their Xray!?! Let them run what they want, pay for what they want if its not included, and be happy with it.

Let's just get back to Schumacher and the Mi3 here.
Yeah Xray Hijackers Go back to ..... well I be nice, Please refrain from posting Xray related topics in the schumacher MI3 forum.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #369
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FLCL - PW has tested the Mi3 on foams and all foam tires fit normally with no problems. I do believe it is possible to have your front rims contact your lower spring seat on the front shocks are extreme full lock. You should never have to make your wheels turn that far though. I set my end points on my Mi2 Foam Kit to limit wheel travel so this never happens.

stephen hilton - We have no exact date right now. We can only sat late March to early April. This is if all goes well. If a part is fails quality control or if supplier fails to meet a dead line there could be delays while parts are remade or delivered.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
What? Numbers dont lie. Look at the facts; look at teamxray.com, set-up sheets, and look for carpet/asphalt set ups. The majority of setups have sway bars on them. Unless people lie about their set ups...bottom line- Xray should not be charging $28 for a set of front sway bars, and another $28 for rear set. This is ridiculous. It should be included in the kit, or at least offer a much cheaper price for those swaybars which are made of basically the same stuff the others are. Their's is not different...Bottom line, the new MI3 has much better value and quality than the Xray T2. But dont get me wrong- I love Xray cars- there has been nothing better than their quality and support. but guess what? Now they have serius competition. A true Rival...its the Mi3.

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
stephen hilton - We have no exact date right now. We can only sat late March to early April. This is if all goes well. If a part is fails quality control or if supplier fails to meet a dead line there could be delays while parts are remade or delivered.
Doesn't matter I'm waiting on this one. I was going to wait on another chassis until I saw the Mi3. Game over.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
That introduction had me ready to buy the car before I even got a good look at the pictures! Who ever wrote that needs to write motivational speaches or something!

As for the car, its good to see Schumacher back to their old tricks again. Doing something different than everybody else, but still having it work just as well or better.

I wonder if this car could peacefully co-exist on the pit table with my TA05.

Quote:
After my success with the TA05, I swore i would never spend $400 on a TC again, but then you guys had to go and fight unfair. First I'll always have a soft spot for Schumacher ever since the SST2000 TC was my first racing TC. an then...

...COME ON MAN!!! Look at that thing! T..e..m..p..t..a..t..i..o..n......overwhelming!
Quote:
But to answer your question...in a word...NO. There will still be TA05's around to get beat by. I'm thinking of this as maybe second car for another brushless class. Something like 13.5. This may take the place of my nitro car come out door season. But the TA05 isn't going anywhere!
New Tamiya thread? LOL!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #373
Tech Addict

Let's try it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
Just something on-topic here:
Are you guys going to post setups somewhere to an official place or here in the forum once available?
I like the new car a lot, but I don't have the time nor the skills to find a good setup for it. I have an xray and I find it priceless to be able to log on their site and dowload countless setups from teamdrivers. It saved me a lot of time and headache (I mean for e. g. what's the point to try kickup in the front when nobody else uses it )
Please don't make this an other "ta-05 is the new plastic wonder and kicks a$$" thread
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #374
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Haven't you heard, cvt? The Ta05 is faster than anything else out there. Greed among everyone involved in the top levels of racing is why no one who is fast drives one.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche

Last edited by adamge; 02-05-2007 at 05:19 PM.
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #375
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
New Tamiya thread? LOL!!!
Nice try...I applaud your effort to look back to those. But in each of those cases I was either answering a question or joking with someone, and in each case I was still dealing with the Mi3.

And considering that two of those comments came from one post, your talking about 2 post by me. Compare that to the near full page you guys have been arguing about Xray sway bars on the Mi3 thread.

Again, nice try... ...but not quite the same.