R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #346
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb
has anyone raced the car against cyclones or raced the cyclone than the mi3 to see if there is a physical difrance on the track between them?
Adam Rogers has raced the Mi3 a few times in public and at one of the last Carpet Wars races he TQ and won with it. All manufacturers cars were well represented in the field.

At a previous Carpet Wars Adam TQ'd and won with his Mi2EC. Andy Moore (Cyclone) and Craig Dresher (TC5 Proto) were in the B-Main.

The Mi2EC is as fast as a Cyclone, 415MSX, or T2 007. The Mi3 in testing started out at the same pace as the best EC setup we had and now a month and a half later it is quite a bit faster than out best Mi2EC setup.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #347
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrashracing
how do you get signed up for an mi3 aka make an order for one.
click on the mi3
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #348
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

hey tim get back to work and i will get bACK TO SCHOOL
Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #349
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Wow! I have been driving Xray T2 and Cyclones. But this MI3 is just something. This kit will revolutionize the TC world for several reasons:
1. The new design and features will force other TC makers to make newer models to keep up with the new Mi3 technology. THis is good, since it makes all TC makers try to match Mi3 Quality and design and thus improve the TC class over all. Its like when associated introduced the TC3- it was something new, fresh, and the standard for a while, untill everyone cought up and overtook them in design and quality.

2. The Quality of parts and price- Mi3 is loaded with the best quality parts/material. You get the feeling that a fan and racer of TC's was the person designing the kit, as if he was designing it for his beloved son, to give him the edge in all areas. Its wonderful, and unpreseidented. I actually dont feel cheated, and for the price its an awesome deal. Again, this will force Xray and others to really work on their designs and prices, if they really want to compete with the Mi3. For example, an Xray t2-007, runs for abour $390-400. But it comes without sway bars kits. Xray sells these seperately for $28 a set for front and rear. So you're looking at $60 to get Xray ffront and rear swaybar kits, which dont come included in the kit. Its ridiculus and a ripp off. There are more issues, but you get the point. THis will have to change with Xray and all others using such tactics, since now the MI3 is for racers, by racers, all out, honest and fair!!! I have pre-ordered mine, and will sell my other cars and run Mi3 for years to come.
Funny thing is you DONT need swaybars! Never ran 'em on an Xray in foam or rubber and its more then fast.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sway bars have nothing to do with speed. However, one set up with sway bars, and one with out, and the driver using sway bars will be better handling car, and thus faster, than the one not running w/ sway bars. Maybe on low grip asphalt/surfaces you dont need them...but on normal pro-level competion surfaces, you have to have them if you want the edge. See xary forums and check out the set up sheets. Even in stock and 19t they have swaybars for all set ups...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #351
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Funny thing is you DONT need swaybars! Never ran 'em on an Xray in foam or rubber and its more then fast.
Thats funny. Jilles, Teemu, Jared Scott run them all the time on their T2 007's.

In fact every T2 I have ever seen has had sway bards on them.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #352
Tech Elite

You still dont need swaybars because a pro runs them doesnt mean you have to have them. They are just a tuning option.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #353
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
You still dont need swaybars because a pro runs them doesnt mean you have to have them. They are just a tuning option.
Yeah, you are right those guys don't know anything.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #354
Tech Elite

thanks for putting words in my mouth. that was not was I was implying At ALL.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #355
Tech Master

Adrian, I had a question about the C Hubs, was it ever discussed to have a grub screw rather than using c clips to hold the pin?
I just HATE c clips and have been really happy with all the latest cars to only have to deal with them when building shocks.
I know its no big deal, but....did I mention I hate c clips?
I know I could probably tap my own, I just thought I would ask.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #356
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Easy guys; doesn't really matter because the Mi3 will come with them regardless of this thread

Swaybars are a tuning aid that can improve laptimes in most conditions and that is why its included. And yes, there are times when the car is better without bars, but it's easier to not put bars on that came in the kit, then try to put bars on that you don't have

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #357
Tech Initiate

Default Swaybars

As Teemu Leino once said, softer springs with swaybars is faster then stiffer springs without.

You can nowadays very clearly see that all of the top drivers are using swaybars. Just look at the pictures.

The car is a lot easier to drive and also more predictable. Funny enough Martin Hudy, whom I know from driving since he comes regularly to Austria has never been using swaybars - until Teemu joined the Team.

Suddenly they changed their minds.

Regarding Xray-Mission comparison.

I wouldn´t first of all moan about the missing swaybars but what really would annoy me is that even in their top of the notch car they are still using plastic shocks.

Here in Austria 60-70% of all racers are using Xrays at the moment because of the best local support but believe me or not, none of them is using the plastic shocks - if they do they are annoyed because they are just crap. Once filled they will be ok for the next few batteries but after a while the bloody thing won´t move any more..

If you buy the optional alu ones you have to invest 40 € a pair, which is more then 50 $ at the moment. two pairs cost you a fortune.

Then it makes the care comparable and a lot more expensive then the shuie.

So far so good, my EC will be there but the MI3 is already looking for replacing it.
joamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #358
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydo
Adrian, I had a question about the C Hubs, was it ever discussed to have a grub screw rather than using c clips to hold the pin?
I just HATE c clips and have been really happy with all the latest cars to only have to deal with them when building shocks.
I know its no big deal, but....did I mention I hate c clips?
I know I could probably tap my own, I just thought I would ask.
We have asked for years to have the grub screw on the hubs, but we have never been able to get a straight answer from the engineers I think it has to do with the current mold and it can't be added until we make a new one

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #359
Tech Initiate

Talking Front End

Hey Guys,

I have recently heard that some of you guys (Team Schumacher) are using the HB Front End Steering parts.

I have had the information from a german guy,

I was just wondering if this is correct and if so, how does the car handle after the change.
joamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
...And yes, there are times when the car is better without bars, but it's easier to not put bars on that came in the kit, then try to put bars on that you don't have
Did you read that off a fortune cookie?