R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Gald to see that you talk $hit and race.....you'll fit right in to the RC scene...
Best of luck at the Birds......
That's good to know hope to see in the future
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
P.S. When you move to Jax make sure you get to hang out and race with Bill Fraden!! (former region 4 Dir.)

I'm goin' to the strip club first gotto get use to the fly ladies and warm weather all over again
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I'm goin' to the strip club first gotto get use to the fly ladies and warm weather all over again

Right on.... Well an early welcome to Fla..and thank you for your service in the military.

I'm sure you'll see me around......
Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Name some sponsored racers that were caught cheating....I can only think of 2 last year at Vegas and you are right there...NOT their fault!!

EA
Dude go drink some Henny and chill out. The whole reason their checkin for this stuff is because PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHEATIN, this is all second hand info but didn't someone in the Vegas stock A-main got busted, cranked arm or how about at cleveland when MR. BILL annouced that they will be checkin' the arm for the a-main drivers which resulted in a few drivers in the main lap time being slower then their qualifers.

what do I know that the word on the street
Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Dude go drink some Henny and chill out. The whole reason their checkin for this stuff is because PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHEATIN, this is all second hand info but didn't someone in the Vegas stock A-main got busted, cranked arm or how about at cleveland when MR. BILL annouced that they will be checkin' the arm for the a-main drivers which resulted in a few drivers in the main lap time being slower then their qualifers.

what do I know that the word on the street
Dont need to chill out...Not upset at all...Just thought maybe you heard something I didnt As for Cleveland they tore down a lot of motors during the heats as well....I know because I had to rebuild a lot of them after inspection....Andrew Ellis was torn down after every heat in TC and 12th. Jim Herrmann was torn down in 3 of the 4 heat races in TC. Brad Johnson was torn down a few times as well. So they did do random checks on the "fast" guys each day.

As for guys slowing down in the mains it ALWAYS happens like that. When you are racing head's up inches apart your going to be a little slower than when your in a heat race running on your own time clock. It has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #21
Suspended

Lightbulb

I would also like to add that many stock racers will put their very best effort into that 3rd/4th qualifier....meaning best battery pack, perfect everything.

There's been a re-sort, so less traffic issues in those later quals.

Traction is at its highest, and the racers know they better step it up or else get knocked into the B.

The guys in the B want to make the show, so they need to use their best stuff to get there. The guys in the lower part of the A don't want to get knocked out.

Starting position is very important in the main. You seldom see a guy from 7-10 rocket up front to win. When you've seen someone like Cuffs wheel it from the front and hold off everyone for 5 minutes, you know that the best way to beat those guys is to start in front of them.

So for those reasons, you'll often see faster times in qualifying than in the mains.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #22
Tech Elite

EA
Maybe I shoulda put a smiley face on there, nothing but love for ya by the way how much for that speedo you sell?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64
nice little contraption they use

can you buy this measuring thingy ???

BRCA could use this trackside for the nats instead of falling over them selves to DQ guy`s with wrong cut lines in shells or too bigger wing

checking motors better idea to stop uncertainty at the track
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There checking for re-ballancing too which is good.. I have rebuilt some motors for racers whom sent them in and seen some crazy arms. Lots of clubs never check. Now with this all coming to the open eye most will watch at club level races too which is great for the sport to keep thing on the up and up.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Whether there is any cheating going on or not, teching is always a great idea.

Too many people believe that there is cheating going on. So, checking the fast guys and making the results public puts everybody at ease.

Many years ago, we had two drivers that were totally dominating the stock class. So, one weekend, the owner came over and marked their motors and tore them down at the end of the race day. He didn't think that there was anything funky going on, no cheating, but he had heard the rumblings in the pits. When the motors checked out totally clean, everybody finally realized that these two were just good drivers.
gotpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think their will be alot of peace of mind for racers that have been towing the line and playing fair. But you know there are guys that have taken advantage of this for years now, and mostly everyone knows who they are. So maybe some of the guys who were super fast last year will not be so fast,
and now it comes down to car setup and driving ability and some sick a$$ batts.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
There checking for re-ballancing too which is good.. I have rebuilt some motors for racers whom sent them in and seen some crazy arms. Lots of clubs never check. Now with this all coming to the open eye most will watch at club level races too which is great for the sport to keep thing on the up and up.
Hi John,

is it illegal for drill balencing on 27t/19t spec motors then

cos over here in the uk it is not seen as illegal for a tuner to do so
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Hi John,

is it illegal for drill balencing on 27t/19t spec motors then

cos over here in the uk it is not seen as illegal for a tuner to do so
The arm has to remain the same as it did from the factory for roar legal specs.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

According to the ROAR rulebook, you can rebalance a 19turn but you can not add or remove material to the armature stacks on a stocker.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
According to the ROAR rulebook, you can rebalance a 19turn but you can not add or remove material to the armature stacks on a stocker.
You can rebalance a 19t? I didn't know that.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote