R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 08:55 AM   #106
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
You guys would be right there if it didn't take you 2 years to release a car...

Most companies that don't have a "flavor of the week" touring car have 378 different versions of 95 mph, uncontrollable, wheel standing, ankle smashing nitro trucks or itsy bitsy microscopic electric trucks that charge of your transmitter batteries.....

Either they get revenues from TC's or they do it with their other line. What's the difference..it's all about the benjamins baby!!!

Trust me...you want to be the company that produces a Mirco Truck that charges from your transmitter batteries. Da Benjamins roll in all day long.

TC...yes you R right we have taken a long time to get the Type R out to eveRyone one. Will it be two more weeks? I am not suRe. However we decided to think slightly outside the box and go with something that people have not done in a while. Like my good ole buddy MR. Easton says, "TheRe R only so many ways to skin a cat!"

SoRRy I was not going to comment anymoRe howeveR I have an audience to enteRtain and I am one of the few who tend to speak my thoughts on a public foRum.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #107
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
So you agree, then, that they're releasing new kits for the money, and it's not all about passing on new updates as a benefit to the consumer like EA said earlier? You can't have it both ways, right?

^^^ Intentionally stirring the pot, sorry! :-D
Id Venture to say its both.....You must admit no one is in the business side of RC to not make money....But at the same time by passing on the new updates that the team has tested and proven to consumers within a few months is going to make them more money as well.

I mean would you rather Corally test the new Phi in Team driver's hands for 1-2 years before releasing it? Associated test the TC5 for 1-2 years? Or Losi test the Type R for a year or so....on wait....they did that!!

Xray release's a car every year....Corally releases 400.00 worth of upgrades each year.... 400.00 is 400.00 weather its a new car or new parts (that you may or may not need but are going to buy because they are new!!) what difference does it matter?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Trust me...you want to be the company that produces a Mirco Truck that charges from your transmitter batteries. Da Benjamins roll in all day long.

TC...yes you R right we have taken a long time to get the Type R out to eveRyone one. Will it be two more weeks? I am not suRe. However we decided to think slightly outside the box and go with something that people have not done in a while. Like my good ole buddy MR. Easton says, "TheRe R only so many ways to skin a cat!"

SoRRy I was not going to comment anymoRe howeveR I have an audience to enteRtain and I am one of the few who tend to speak my thoughts on a public foRum.

Exactly...BENJAMINS... Like I said Losi is the only manufacturer that has a design that looks like a radical departure... Hopefully the R will be different, if so, the throngs of people who bitch and complain that all the cars look the same will all go in droves and buy the car....

Todd, you do agree as a "player" in the industry that it is a business correct?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #109
TLRacing

The saga continues on RC TECH!!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 28 (26 members and 2 guests)
T. Hodge*, _RDX_, Nick_Malinoski, padailey, Hawk6, DavidAlford, RKeasler, Dave Bowser, andyuk99, TeamButter, Rob Janssen, schreff, Jonny Aird, Wild Cherry, Brandon Melton, RCBuddha, syndr0me, John Tag, ftfl99, RD, Sean Powers
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #110
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Exactly...BENJAMINS... Like I said Losi is the only manufacturer that has a design that looks like a radical departure... Hopefully the R will be different, if so, the throngs of people who bitch and complain that all the cars look the same will all go in droves and buy the car....

Todd, you do agree as a "player" in the industry that it is a business correct?
Uh...yea it is a business just like any racing is. We race to promote the quality of our cars from the high race kit to the Micro T.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Man this thread blew up
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Exactly...so that seems to be a point that needs no further discussion!! LOL!!!

New question..... Predictions for Mod Foam TC and Mod 12th at the Birds?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #113
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

That tends to happen when you get Syndrome or me going on a subject with an occasional smart ass comment from other's!! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #114
Tech Elite